Leaking sky one touch

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
My sky one touch is leaking everywhere! Back windows, all doors and even above roll bar. Carpets soaked. Anyone able to get this resolved?
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Did you remove it? Your profile pic shows a topless Jeep. According to other forum posts it can be removed but the reinstallation can be tricky, causing problems with alignment which could lead to leaks. I believe this is why the owners manual says it should not be removed.

Never taken my SOT off, but Iā€™ve had it off road with significant flex on the frame and so far have had no leaks. Hope you can find a solution.

Edit: Hereā€™s a past thread that might help.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/leak-one-touch-power-roof.22058/page-7

Last edited:

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Sting Gray
Sounds like your drain holes are potentially plugged. Inspect the track for debris.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
In May you were asking about adding a SOT. Now you have one and it's leaking "everywhere". Methinks I may have discovered your issue, lol.
Care to share what you've done and the steps you took installing the SOT after the fact?

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Did you remove it? Your profile pic shows a topless Jeep. According to other forum posts it can be removed but the reinstallation can be tricky, causing problems with alignment which could lead to leaks. I believe this is why the owners manual says it should not be removed.

Never taken my SOT off, but Iā€™ve had it off road with significant flex on the frame and so far have had no leaks. Hope you can find a solution.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/leak-one-touch-power-roof.22058/page-7

No that profile is of 18 Sahara. This SOT is on my 21 rubicon. Never took top off. Had it since march or April and all the sudden it leaking. I checked all the gaskets and they arenā€™t seated right on on drivers door there isnā€™t any at all in corner so water runs right down to the here door harness is. There are water marks all on inside like water was dripping from roll bar.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Sounds like your drain holes are potentially plugged. Inspect the track for debris.
Found TSB #192300018 rev a for seals not being bedded right. Looked and seals on all corners are sticking up letting water in.

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
In May you were asking about adding a SOT. Now you have one and it's leaking "everywhere". Methinks I may have discovered your issue, lol.
Care to share what you've done and the steps you took installing the SOT after the fact?
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking sky one touch 148177AD-9FAE-4828-9875-3FE14055915E

Um detective, two different jeeps. I sold the Sahara to carvana and kept the soft top so in may I asking if any had taken their SOT off. Because I didnā€™t think Iā€™d like it. Ended up liking it and sold the soft probably few days after that post. Never taken the SOT off. And found TSB #1923000018 REV A on bad seals. So I checked and my seals are terrible. Not even touching over rear glass.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Um detective, two different jeeps. I sold the Sahara to carvana and kept the soft top so in may I asking if any had taken their SOT off. Because I didnā€™t think Iā€™d like it. Ended up liking it and sold the soft probably few days after that post. Never taken the SOT off. And found TSB #1923000018 REV A on bad seals. So I checked and my seals are terrible. Not even touching over rear glass.
Don't get all offended. You're the one that posted looking for help with zero details. All I did was click your post history and the post previous was talking about SOT removal. If that is detective work where you're from, then yes, I'm Columbo.

Anyway glad you were able to answer your own issue by searching.

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Don't get all offended. You're the one that posted looking for help with zero details. All I did was click your post history and the post previous was talking about SOT removal. If that is detective work where you're from, then yes, I'm Columbo.

Anyway glad you were able to answer your own issue by searching.
OffendedšŸ¤£ seriously you mis stated what I posted 9 months ago trying g to clown on me.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
OffendedšŸ¤£ seriously you mis stated what I posted 9 months ago trying g to clown on me.
I didn't misstate anything. I was legitimately trying to help based on the information you didn't give and I had to dig for.
I also don't have a clue what it means to "clown" someone although I'm getting an idea.
Anyway, as stated, glad you sorted out your own issue. You don't have to worry about me "clowning" you again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
I didn't misstate anything. I was legitimately trying to help based on the information you didn't give and I had to dig for.
I also don't have a clue what it means to "clown" someone although I'm getting an idea.
Anyway, as stated, glad you sorted out your own issue. You don't have to worry about me "clowning" you again.
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking sky one touch 4FACE614-12D5-4C3A-B78E-6300C1D2BAFB

Seems you mistakenly thought I wanted to add SOT and fucked up?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Leaking sky one touch 4FACE614-12D5-4C3A-B78E-6300C1D2BAFB

Seems you mistakenly thought I wanted to add SOT and fucked up?
Jesus, you just don't quit eh? I bet you're a blast at parties.

"Methinks I may have discovered your issue, lol."

That sentence doesn't come across as just a smidge tongue in cheek? Maybe poking a little fun at a fellow jeeper?

Notwithstanding your lack of comprehension in written prose, you were able to find a TSB, so kudos to you.

OP
OP
Joe jl

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Jesus, you just don't quit eh? I bet you're a blast at parties.

"Methinks I may have discovered your issue, lol."

That sentence doesn't come across as just a smidge tongue in cheek? Maybe poking a little fun at a fellow jeeper?

Notwithstanding your lack of comprehension in written prose, you were able to find a TSB, so kudos to you.
You can stick your Canadian tongue and cheek up your arse. You tried disrespecting me and got clowned mister 800 + comments on the forum. I never post or comment and no life life on this shot wanna try and clown on people. Youā€™re need to get a life. I bet you wear mask alone on your bank owned jeep?