Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I found one thread where a member put them on his rig and complimented them.

I would imagine the ride is better. Maybe I will order a set of rears and try them there before committing to fronts.
Last winter my son and I helped install a lift on my friend's Silverado, and it came with 5100's for the rear. He says they ride very well, much nicer than his OEM shocks.

Since @AnnDee4444 posted the compressed/extended lengths of OEM and the 5100s, I wonder if that extra 1" of extension over the OEM Rubi shocks would cause a problem at full-droop off-road?
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Last winter my son and I helped install a lift on my friend's Silverado, and it came with 5100's for the rear. He says they ride very well, much nicer than his OEM shocks.

Since @AnnDee4444 posted the compressed/extended lengths of OEM and the 5100s, I wonder if that extra 1" of extension over the OEM Rubi shocks would cause a problem at full-droop off-road?
Long-term they could possibly wear out the bushings slightly faster. I personally wouldn't worry about it though. I would rather have the flex if needed than the knowledge that I am maximizing bushing life.

See this somewhat relevant thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...iew-stock-height-can-you-even-flex-bro.30338/

Here's how they compare:
Rubicon Front: 15.75"-23.63"​
Rubicon Rear: 17.50"-26.00"​
Bilstein Front: 15.86"-24.84"​
Bilstein Rear: 16.93"-26.94"​
Fox IFP Front: 16.25"-25.85"​
Fox IFP Rear: 16.70"-26.80"​

Anthony120

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2-door
Any update on the Bilstein's performance? I just ordered a 1.5" lift and was looking to get these shocks instead of the Falcons

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I would suggest looking into Rancho's with a lifetime warranty.
My JLR also blew a rear shock. I knew I was going to be lifting soon but wanted a temporary replacement. I found my used pair of Rancho XL adjustable take offs from my 2012 Ram 3500 diesel 4x4 fit my JLR. I was surprised they road better than stock too. I have a Mopar lift and like the Fox shocks but when they wear out. I'll be looking at a set Ranchos.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thetickz

Thetickz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Last edited:

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I ended getting Fox 2.0 shocks instead of the Bilstein 5100s.

I like the Fox. They're a little bit softer than the stock Rubicon shocks. Plusher going over bumps, but may have created a little more body roll. I've gotten used to it. Like riding on pillows.

Morris 4x4 has a great price on them. Plus I used some promo codes.
https://www.morris4x4center.com/fox-2-0-performance-series-ifp-front-shock-0-1-5-lift.html
https://www.morris4x4center.com/fox-2-0-performance-series-ifp-rear-shock-0-1-5-lift.html
I'll have to agree with the fox as well personally.

Also, be aware that there might be some delays in shipping since most shock companies are made to order with the demand being so high.

All of yall are welcome to reach out with any issues or concerns :).
Sponsored