First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Well, crawled under my JT a while ago to look at spring part numbers and discovered my right rear axle seal is leaking. Less than 1K miles on it. Guess I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.

20210321_113554 (Medium).jpg
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yeah it looks like it’s been leaking for a while, judging by the fact that dirt is stuck to the inner side of the rim because of the sticky oil that dropped onto it. I imagine the entire circumference of the inside of your rim is covered in oily dirt, just like the area in the photo. Good luck with the dealer! I hope they take care of it quick

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
I had this issue on my first JLU a couple years ago. If I recall, it appeared in the first few thousand miles.

I asked the dealer to make sure they had parts in place before I took it in. They also gave me a quart of gear oil so I could keep it filled until the parts came in.

Other than the inconvenience, I can’t really complain about how well they took care of everything.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Same thing happened with our 2020 Recon at around 5k miles. The fluid contaminated the left side rear brakes. They replaced the seal, the left park brake shoes and both sides rear brake pads so everything would match as far as wear. All covered under warranty and they gave us a loaner for several days.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I waited two weeks for a diagnostic appointment, at which point the leak went away. Two days later, the inside of my passenger front tire is covered in gear oil, and it's dripping everywhere.

Great.
Sponsored