Leak under front doors during no touch car wash

chairborne33

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have a new 2020 JLUR and went through my first car wash today. My pants got drenched as water sprayed through the seals on the driver side door. Is this a known problem with the JL? My JK never had this issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chairborne33

chairborne33

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't think so but you get so many people who say things like "its a Jeep"

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Search on it, several posts about it.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Mine doesn't do that and I've gone through the touch less washes several times.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Mine doesn't do that and I've gone through the touch less washes several times.
Same here. No water during car wash, down pours or crossing water I probably shouldn’t cross.

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
Both driver side and passenger sides squirt us on the legs while going through the wash. Not enough water to get worked up about but my wife and I laugh about it when it happens. It has been a mystery as to where it was coming from but the last few washes I suspected the door seal. This thread kind of confirms the source. Unless it gets worse we can live with it as we do like the convenience of the drive through after a long day at the beach......

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a new 2020 JLUR and went through my first car wash today. My pants got drenched as water sprayed through the seals on the driver side door. Is this a known problem with the JL? My JK never had this issue.
Hi Aaron,
We're sorry to hear about this experience with your new Jeep Wrangler. Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please feel free to send our team a private message. We would be happy to provide additional assistance to your dealer visit.
Alex
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
chairborne33

chairborne33

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Aaron,
We're sorry to hear about this experience with your new Jeep Wrangler. Are you considering having your dealer take a look? If so, please feel free to send our team a private message. We would be happy to provide additional assistance to your dealer visit.
Alex
Jeep Cares
I am definitely going to make an appointment with the dealer. Its a brand new vehicle so I will take advantage of the warranty while I can.

Sponsored

OP
OP
chairborne33

chairborne33

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both driver side and passenger sides squirt us on the legs while going through the wash. Not enough water to get worked up about but my wife and I laugh about it when it happens. It has been a mystery as to where it was coming from but the last few washes I suspected the door seal. This thread kind of confirms the source. Unless it gets worse we can live with it as we do like the convenience of the drive through after a long day at the beach......
To me, this isn't acceptable for a brand new vehicle. Hopefully an easy fix for the dealer.

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
I had the exact same issue a few days ago. Brand new 2020 JLUR and my leg got sprayed a bit going through car wash.

Also had a seat lever break the first time we used it. Hopefully these are not bad omens.

MissyBrez

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy’s
Sorry, don’t ignore it. I have the same issue with my 2021 Rubicon. The dealership has taken it back and looked at four different times, and Chen never pinpoint the issue. Now they’re saying door seal, and they put some foam on the door seal…. When I go through the car wash, my rear carpeting gets drenched! Everything underneath will eventually rust because of this. Shouldn’t happen with a brand new Wrangler. This is my 4th wrangler, and I never had issues with the my JK’s !! If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. My email is [email protected], number 508-439-2571. I’m searching for answers. :/
Sponsored