Sponsored

Latest on LED Lighting delays?

RSjeep30

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude, 2019 2 dr Rubicon Ocean Blue Metallic [Hoping to order 12/18]
Occupation
Structural Designer
Was wondering if the LED light delay was still a thing. Aiming to place an order for a 2 dr rubi next month and was curious what, if any delays, my delivery time could be. Thanks all.
Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Was wondering if the LED light delay was still a thing. Aiming to place an order for a 2 dr rubi next month and was curious what, if any delays, my delivery time could be. Thanks all.
hard to know with 50k other people ordering as well, we can only hope the supply chain is catching up.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I wouldn't avoid ordering an option because it "might" cause the order a couple more weeks to get fulfilled. The good news is manufacturers should be catching up with demand. The bad news is something else "might" delay the order also.

Order what you want, not what you think will come quickest.

OP
OP
RSjeep30

RSjeep30

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude, 2019 2 dr Rubicon Ocean Blue Metallic [Hoping to order 12/18]
Occupation
Structural Designer
I wouldn't avoid ordering an option because it "might" cause the order a couple more weeks to get fulfilled. The good news is manufacturers should be catching up with demand. The bad news is something else "might" delay the order also.

Order what you want, not what you think will come quickest.
Sound words and advice, thanks. I just didn't want to put an order in and have to be (im)patiently waiting lol

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
With the current Tariffs and 90% of all LED chips and modules manufactured in China, these components are being bought up at record pace before the next wave of tariffs (25%) kick in in Jan. Expect delays to continue for that reason alone. Additionally LED fixture manufactures are having to plan way ahead due the the shortages. This is not affecting just the chips but many of the electronic internal components. LED Chip and module manufacturing is very toxic so most of it will remain in China. Additionally some LED manufactures are pulling out of China like Samsung so transition will also imply supply. However with the tariffs causing companies like Samsung to pull out, China is going to have to give in at some point.
Sponsored

Last edited: