DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my used oil analysis from Blackstone. The first run was the factory fill, changed and sampled at 2007 miles. It is listed on this report, making it easy to compare. After looking at many used oil reports online, I'm starting to think the factory fill was 5w20, but who knows?

Anyway, this one looks good. The wear metals are coming down nicely and the oil was in great shape. It is a slightly thinner viscosity than the factory fill, that's why I'm wondering if the original oil was a 5w20. The oil I'm running now is Mobil 1 AP 0w20. I'll keep it in there until October, when I change it before the trip to Moab. I'm guessing I'll have 5k or so miles on it by then, maybe more. I'm having lots of fun with this Jeep in the summer weather, so I'm putting miles on it more quickly at the moment. I'm right at 6k right now. Anyway, I'm going to keep getting these analyses done for one reason. They are interesting and this is entertaining, so it is well worth the 24 bucks. Down the road, when I put something north of 7k miles on an oil, I'll spring a little extra $ to see how the TBN is holding up.

Comments and analysis welcome!
bRjbRTT.png
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
The factory fill was probably a bulk Pennzoil product 0W-20 and their data sheet for virgin oil shows it comes on the higher end of the grade range for 20 weight oil as your analysis shows for the factory fill.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The factory fill was probably a bulk Pennzoil product 0W-20 and their data sheet for virgin oil shows it comes on the higher end of the grade range for 20 weight oil as your analysis shows for the factory fill.
I figure it was Pennzoil Gold. It doesn't make sense for them to factory fill with Pennzoil Platinum when Gold is less expensive and actually has some good numbers in the product data sheet.
Sponsored