Sponsored

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
...I can honestly say that I bought my Jeep because Toyotas make me wanna puke :puke:
Harsh!

I have a 4Runner SR5 now, and traded in a near-lemon JKUR for it. Big step down in capability, but certainly much more reliable. My JK broke down for the first time at only 5K miles (and in the middle of nowhere). The Toy is now at 53K and has yet to be towed, so that alone is a big improvement!

I'm not bothered by the handling, and I do not have KDSS. I don't care if I can't zoom through curves. I owned a few 4WD SUV's before it, including the JK.

But now the passage of time has dulled my memory of all the problems with my JK. 😄 So I'm increasingly missing the Rubi's offroad capability and contemplating a return to the Jeep fold.

However, test driving a new JLUR reminded me how much smaller the interior is. In fact it feels downright cramped. It would be hard for me to downsize and reorganize my gear set-up to fit in it. 🤷‍♂️ What to do?! LOL!
Sponsored

ilike2breakthngs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4XE
Try getting a new build sheet from a dealer and the prices that the Jeep ordering system is spitting out already shows a higher MSRP than the ones in the build guide / website. Since builds are at least 3+ weeks out, maybe we will see it on the August build guides.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Allright. Using a highly scientific approach ( I looked at last year colors when they came out with new ones) it seems logical next month is a new color, and october another.

Thus, I will resist the urge to say **** it and not order until then.

Maybe.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Try getting a new build sheet from a dealer and the prices that the Jeep ordering system is spitting out already shows a higher MSRP than the ones in the build guide / website. Since builds are at least 3+ weeks out, maybe we will see it on the August build guides.
I can confirm pricing I got a couple days ago is higher than the guide/last month's pricing

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
With no new colors this year I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger. I'm just dreading talking to the Military Auto Sales folks. Last time I did (4 years ago in Germany) they told me rustproofing, undercoating, and a 10 year extended warranty were all required. Eventually they agreed that a special order vehicle could avoid all three but I'd have to sign a paper proving they offered me these fantastic items and I declined for some reason.

702Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner
...they told me rustproofing, undercoating, and a 10 year extended warranty were all required. Eventually they agreed that a special order vehicle could avoid all three but I'd have to sign a paper proving they offered me these fantastic items and I declined for some reason.
And this is why I hate car dealers.

I never used the military sales scheme. I never got past the paper showing their discount. It didn't look any bigger than the discounts I had always been able to negotiate while haggling with a dealer. (Obviously, at this weird moment with new cars in short supply, things may be different.)

Sponsored

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
I never used the military sales scheme. I never got past the paper showing their discount. It didn't look any bigger than the discounts I had always been able to negotiate while haggling with a dealer.
Only alternative is to find a CONUS dealer that will deal 100% via email, is good to ship the Jeep, and saves me enough over MAS to pay for the shipping. Well, there is another alternative: wait till we’re back in the US to get a Jeep. 🤞

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can confirm pricing I got a couple days ago is higher than the guide/last month's pricing
I also got a quote today for a JLU with MSRP slightly higher than the July guide.

Base Sport up about 0.5% (32,400 --> 32,570)
Willys Sport package up 3% (2,000 --> 2,060)

JLUAltitude

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Unlimited Sport Altitude
Maybe someone can help me with a question that is bugging me. I recently ordered a Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude. I got it with the 8.4in radio and premium audio group. I want the alpine sound system and the sales manager says it comes with the 8.4in radio and premium audio group. Is this true or is the alpine sound system an additional cost and addon?
Sponsored