Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
It's probably not exactly what you want, but the June order guide seems to indicate that you can get a 3.6 auto sport altitude with a hardtop and dual doors (lowers only for the half doors).
Love the suggestion. Thank you!

pennsoxfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
The latest JLU order guide (7/6/21) has been added to the first post.
Hellayella still listed, but only available with HT1 - what is that? Black hard top? That's what was listed in June as well, but then I thought Hellayella was discontinued?

Sponsored

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Hellayella still listed, but only available with HT1 - what is that? Black hard top? That's what was listed in June as well, but then I thought Hellayella was discontinued?
Can someone that has access to the dealers computer check of Hellayella is actually back again? If so, I’m about to put my order in!

EDIT: JeepChat told me the color is still unavailable, I haven’t contacted my local dealer to double check yet.

EDIT 2: My local dealer also confirmed HellaYella is a no-go.

Last edited:

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Can someone that has access to the dealers computer check of Hellayella is actually back again? If so, I’m about to put my order in!

EDIT: JeepChat told me the color is still unavailable, I haven’t contacted my local dealer to double check yet.

EDIT 2: My local dealer also confirmed HellaYella is a no-go.
That's fun, include it in the order guide and we can't order it. =]

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Maybe we are thinking about this the wrong way. The ineptitude of providing even the most basic of information to people wanting to order a product could just be part of the marketing strategy to add to the allure of Jeep.

4 more weeks until August order guide!

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
Maybe we are thinking about this the wrong way. The ineptitude of providing even the most basic of information to people wanting to order a product could just be part of the marketing strategy to add to the allure of Jeep.
I think it's more like a preview of things to come. You see how they operate before you buy your jeep, so if you decide to proceed, it's really on you. :)

Sponsored

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
I think it's more like a preview of things to come. You see how they operate before you buy your jeep, so if you decide to proceed, it's really on you. :)
I laughed out loud, so accurate. I fully understand what I'm getting into having owned many a Jeep. It's an addiction, I need an intervention. All these signs point to "buy another Toyota" but my heart says get a Jeep and melt a clutch in the first 10K!

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
All these signs point to "buy another Toyota" but my heart says get a Jeep and melt a clutch in the first 10K!
I'll make a confession: I was actually going to buy a Toyota.

I watched a bunch of videos comparing various off-road vehicles and decided to get a Toyota 4Runner TRD. It's not the best at anything in particular, but good all-around, reliable and holds its value well, according to the reviews. Jeeps were out because every single reviewer complained about their handling on the highway (which is about 80-90% of my driving to get to interesting places) and cabin noise. I was going to order my Toyota from the factory, already picked the mods and the color. The last step before ordering was actually to test drive one of those.

Well, test driving it felt like I was sitting in a huge barrel mounted on soft springs. Granted, I'd never driven an SUV or a truck before, but that was too much. And all those soft side rolls and nose dives (despite the KDSS suspension) made me carsick. That's my personal issue - cars with soft suspension make me carsick.

Then I went and test drove a Jeep. It instantly felt like my kind of vehicle. I liked the smaller cabin, and the huge fun factor, even though I had to sacrifice a lot of cargo space and extra $5000.

Now I can honestly say that I bought my Jeep because Toyotas make me wanna puke :puke:

Last edited:

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I'll make a confession: I was actually going to buy a Toyota.

I watched a bunch of videos comparing various off-road vehicles and decided to get a Toyota 4Runner TRD. It's not the best at anything in particular, but good all-around, reliable and holds its value well, according to the reviews. Jeeps were out because every single reviewer complained about their handling on the highway (which is about 80-90% of my driving to get to interesting places) and cabin noise. I was going to order my Toyota from the factory, already picked the mods and the color. The last step before ordering was actually to test drive one of those.

Well, test driving it felt like I was sitting in a huge barrel mounted on soft springs. Granted, I'd never driven an SUV or a truck before, but that was too much. And all those soft side rolls and nose dives (despite the KDSS suspension) made me carsick. That's my personal issue - cars with soft suspension make me carsick.

Then I went and test drove a Jeep. It instantly felt like my kind of vehicle. I liked the smaller cabin, and the huge fun factor, even though I had to sacrifice a lot of cargo space and extra $5000.

I can honestly say that I bought my Jeep because Toyotas make me wanna puke :puke:
I owned a Toyota trd off road premium for all of about 6 weeks. I hated that car more than any car I’ve ever owned. I couldn’t stand the way it drove and I had the Kdss, hated the dated interior, the outdated infotainment system, etc etc. only car I’ve ever turned that quick, lost money on, and don’t regret it one bit.