Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Sweet! I ordered My Gecko JLUR 5/4 and was able to add Gorilla glass 5/7, I was just curious if anything else was added to the order guide after my order closed
Now I just have to decide on wheels and tires. I'm considering the Mickey Thompson Classic IIIs.

GalacticMouse

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUS Altitude 2.0L (On Order)
So I got in touch with a dealer I’ve used in the past this week about ordering a 2021 JLU Sahara and he mentioned to me that all Hellayella colored orders are done for the 2021 model year.

Has anyone else heard this as well or possibly have any info to the contrary?

BlueCruzer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
So I got in touch with a dealer I’ve used in the past this week about ordering a 2021 JLU Sahara and he mentioned to me that all Hellayella colored orders are done for the 2021 model year.

Has anyone else heard this as well or possibly have any info to the contrary?
I don't know about HY but I asked a dealership to price out a Willys V6 with Automatic and he could no longer select Automatic. He could with the 4 cyl engine though. HY was ok at the time (on 5/7).

Sponsored

geoffmarton

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler
Occupation
Loan Officer
Tried building a 2021 2-door Willys Sport on jeep.com. As soon as I chose hellayella, it forced the hardtop, and wouldn't switch back. The not switching back made it feel like a system glitch, but does anyone know anything about this? Every other color allows soft top until I choose HY.

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Tried building a 2021 2-door Willys Sport on jeep.com. As soon as I chose hellayella, it forced the hardtop, and wouldn't switch back. The not switching back made it feel like a system glitch, but does anyone know anything about this? Every other color allows soft top until I choose HY.
Check out the pdf in the OP.

Under HellaYella, it lists only available with HT1. Scroll back up a couple pages and you'll see that HT1 correlates with black 3-piece hard top.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
It was required when order my HY 80th in February. If you are trying to order HellaYella, someone mention in the last week that their dealer wasn't able to order it.

Also Jeep's website is out of date, it has March pricing. The order guide in this thread is April pricing, it also out of date. The May pricing guides should up soon in this thread to reflect what other have been saying about discontinued colors, Gecko being available, price increases and perhaps the some of the models are no available.

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
It was required when order my HY 80th in February. If you are trying to order HellaYella, someone mention in the last week that their dealer wasn't able to order it.

Also Jeep's website is out of date, it has March pricing. The order guide in this thread is April pricing, it also out of date. The May pricing guides should up soon in this thread to reflect what other have been saying about discontinued colors, Gecko being available, price increases and perhaps the some of the models are no available.
Yes, same for me. I ordered a HellaYella Willys April 5th.

I'm curious about the May guide as well and if HellaYella is truly discontinued. Half doors weren't available for HY until March/April and the online configuration didn't allow selecting the combination until sometime after I ordered, so it is theoretically possible that my order is one of very few HY half doors.

Sponsored

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
Billet Silver is still on the May order guide. Has anyone been able to successfully order one? It was my understanding that Billet went away the same day that Gecko was re-introduced, yet we have both listed on the May order guide.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
It looks like you can now order a 3.6V6 with ESS with Auto (it saves $750 vs etorque). Etorque is no longer required when the automatic selected but it is still available.

JLU 80th is no longer available.
Islander is no longer available.

Gorilla Glass is available on Sport S, Wily''s, Sahara models, Rubicon, 4XE's, and 392.

A glance through, the prices mostly stayed same as April except the 4Xe.

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Looks like the Sahara Altitude is no longer available with 3.6 automatic. You can get a 3.6 manual, or a 2.0 automatic or a non-altitude Sahara with the 3.6 automatic for some reason.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
It looks like you can now order a 3.6V6 with ESS with Auto (it saves $750 vs etorque). Etorque is no longer required when the automatic selected but it is still available.

The 80th is no longer available.

Gorilla Glass is available on Sport S, Wily''s, Sahara models, Rubicon, 4XE's, and 392.

A glance through, the prices mostly stayed same as April except the 4Xe.
I probably would’ve gone that route but I ended up ordering the 2.0t which I think is still a good choice, I honestly didn’t think they’d allow the auto and non etorque v6 Edit* looks like its not applicable to Rubicon so I wouldn't have been able to order it anyway. Wasn’t even on my radar, just glad I was able to get Gecko and Gorilla glass

Last edited:

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
I probably would’ve gone that route but I ended up ordering the 2.0t which I think is still a good choice, I honestly didn’t think they’d allow the auto and non etorque v6 Edit* looks like its not applicable to Rubicon so I wouldn't have been able to order it anyway. Wasn’t even on my radar, just glad I was able to get Gecko and Gorilla glass
I’m curious about that gorilla glass. I hate that they didn’t put it on the website, since I just ordered on the 11th and would’ve added it considering how cheap it is. But then I wonder what it entails considering it’s only $100. I know gorilla glass isn’t that cheap if you get separate, but most prices for order options are similar to what they are if you add those options afterwards
Sponsored