Sponsored

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I am new to the group but had a question. In looking at this document is there a separate charge for the V6 engine and the automatic transmission? The sheet mentions a discount but doesn't mention transmission choices and costs so it is hard to tell.

Thanks
yes. you'll start by picking one of the quick order packages, like this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides Capture.PNG

That includes your pricing for the engine. Mine was 22R, for the 3.6 with auto it'll be 25(whatever)

PM me if you need more help.
Sponsored

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum and really dig it.

I recently joined crazy-town and ordered a new 2021 JLUR. Going to sell my 2016 JK 2-door Rubicon.

I'm absolutely obsessed with searching for any new 2021 JL info online, literally I do it multiple times throughout the day (starting first thing in the morning, before getting out of bed and before crashing late at night) - hence "joined crazy-town"... :clap::headbang:

Question - I read somewhere (this forum or another) that the new 2021 JLU's will have the new steering box installed and that it won't be an issue. Is that 100% confirmed with Jeep?

Thanks for your time!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am new to the group but had a question. In looking at this do
Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum and really dig it.

I recently joined crazy-town and ordered a new 2021 JLUR. Going to sell my 2016 JK 2-door Rubicon.

I'm absolutely obsessed with searching for any new 2021 JL info online, literally I do it multiple times throughout the day (starting first thing in the morning, before getting out of bed and before crashing late at night) - hence "joined crazy-town"... :clap::headbang:

Question - I read somewhere (this forum or another) that the new 2021 JLU's will have the new steering box installed and that it won't be an issue. Is that 100% confirmed with Jeep?

Thanks for your time!
Yep, just like the last 4 boxes.

Here's a guide to understand what is going on with your order:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No one will know until the 2021s are delivered and someone gets under to read the part number. My point is that some people have complained about the steering for decades and they keep putting new ones on at the factory and some people still keep complaining about it.

Sponsored

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
No one will know until the 2021s are delivered and someone gets under to read the part number. My point is that some people have complained about the steering for decades and they keep putting new ones on at the factory and some people still keep complaining about it.
Okay thanks, I wasn’t aware of that. I have seen posts from others (this forum or another) who said they did the fix and it had a huge impact on the steering.
Hopefully the 2021 have the new steering box per the TSB, because dealers can only order 2 per week or something like that.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Usually factory gets priority on parts over existing Jeeps. That's usually.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Will the islander have half doors?
a ton of us have been waiting for the elusive "half doors".....don't hold yer breath, just pray someone at FCA finally tells someone to get them into production

Krpjeep26

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Here you go, took delivery today and crawled under and took this picture.l of the tag.
Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides 066FBF51-0E41-4131-96FF-308EF97CB1CD

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Don’t know but, I assume that you can put the Jeep into full time 4WD and then put it into 2WD when you don’t need it. Full time 4WD would be nice in snowy/mixed conditions.
Can somebody please verify this for me? I would like the full time 4wd as long as it can be disengaged.

Sponsored

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Can somebody please verify this for me? I would like the full time 4wd as long as it can be disengaged.
Yes,.this is how Select Trac works. You can keep in full time 4wd in any condition as well as 2wd. It is a manual transfer case with 2wd, 4ft, 4pt, n, 4lo.

lazlow3

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler
I was poking around on the Jeep build website and found the 2021 build options are available but hidden. This will probably be live later this week but to get to it head to the Wrangler build section. In the URL where it shows models/2020 change it to models/2021, you can leave the rest of the 2020's in the URL. When you hit enter you should notice the colors and trims change. Click on build and you should see the 2021 model year listed next to the trim you selected. I also found the Wagoneer pages but there isn't much listed on them right now.

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
Thanks! This was fun - nice chance to see some renderings of Snazzberry with the tan top provided from Jeep. ;) I was thinking Islander for a 2021 build, but Snazzberry with the tan top may get my vote instead. Islander wasn't available as a build option there yet.

I was poking around on the Jeep build website and found the 2021 build options are available but hidden. This will probably be live later this week but to get to it head to the Wrangler build section. In the URL where it shows models/2020 change it to models/2021, you can leave the rest of the 2020's in the URL. When you hit enter you should notice the colors and trims change. Click on build and you should see the 2021 model year listed next to the trim you selected. I also found the Wagoneer pages but there isn't much listed on them right now.

lazlow3

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler
Thanks! This was fun - nice chance to see some renderings of Snazzberry with the tan top provided from Jeep. ;) I was thinking Islander for a 2021 build, but Snazzberry with the tan top may get my vote instead. Islander wasn't available as a build option there yet.
This trick also works on the Gladiator page too. I'm liking the Willy's Gladiator.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Can anyone advise with the new BSG 6 cyl engine, if you were to start it and deactivate the ESS feature by pressing the deactivate button, from then on, until the engine is turned off, does it drive any different than the previous original ESS version 6 cyl engine and even the original 6 engine without the ESS system at all ?...If it matters, this is in reference to an automatic transmission.
Sponsored