Sponsored

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
I have a question on the dealer side. My salesman did two configurations for me based on one being a Sahara, the other a Sahara Altitude.

Both include the DFT 8 speed auto transmission and I specified the DSA anti spin rear diff.

The order guide shows DSA as no charge with the DFT transmission. However, my Sahara Altitude configuration preview printout still shows a $595 charge for the differential.

Is this an oversight in the system? Or did the build not get completed correctly in the system?
That's the way I read it too. Sux. The only way DSA is no charge on the Altitude is with the diesel (EXJ).

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 10.45.49.png
Sponsored

Checkered24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GWK2, 2021 JLU Sahara Altitud, 2004 Crossfire
You are right sir, I totally looked over that it did only listed it as having no charge with DFT on the 2_G build. Thanks!

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Systems Engineer / Blackhawk Pilot
I'm working on a '21 JLUR build and I've been told that ".... Jeep is currently requiring Hardtop Headliner to be added to the vehicle which adds $525 to the price of the vehicle."

Can anyone confirm this with their POCs?

Ericl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I don’t have that option on my 2021 rubicon. If they put it on there after the fact I’ll expect the dealer to eat that cost or I’ll have to say no thanks.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
That’s ridiculous IF that’s true !!
MUCH better products out there for a headliner...and far less expensive ...

Sponsored

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
I'm working on a '21 JLUR build and I've been told that ".... Jeep is currently requiring Hardtop Headliner to be added to the vehicle which adds $525 to the price of the vehicle."

Mine did not require such a thing, ordered Saturday.

Niffer

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sante Fe—Putting order in this weekend for Rubicon

I ordered my JL Rubicon Unlimited last Friday and did not have to order the headliner.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
You’re dealer must have lied to you.... shocking !

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey

Sounds like the dealer is already trying to push things on you that aren’t required. Bad sign... move on to another dealer?

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
That’s ridiculous IF that’s true !!
MUCH better products out there for a headliner...and far less expensive ...
I ordered my JL Rubicon Unlimited lasr Friday and did not have to order the headliner.
So current quorum says this may be BS. Which, if true, doesn't bode well for my trust with that dealer even though they are highly recommended. I suppose checking against other dealers is the next step if they echo the same requirement.

Sponsored

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
I ordered my JL Rubicon Unlimited last Friday and did not have to order the headliner.
What delivery time frames did you receive on your build? The same dealer stating the headliner requirement said they are expecting 4-6 month builds.

JeeperJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara 4xe
What delivery time frames did you receive on your build? The same dealer stating the headliner requirement said they are expecting 4-6 month builds.
for what it's worth, i was told production was starting soon, if not already. wait time should be approx a 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't say i'm confident in that, too many variables right now with Covid. If it is here before Labor Day, I will be thrilled.

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Lol, Mike. I like your honesty and see FCA for what it is. There's people who like Jeeps for what they are, what they represent and what their capable of, and there's those who are just pure cult fans. If you've seen my posts in the "392" thread (jez, another concept), I'm on the fence now about my Rubi order and waiting for more info on this Bronco. I just feel like FCA is forcing me into things I initially didn't even want.

- eTorque
- color choices (there really isn't any for 2021, red/yellow or 5 shades of gray -- not cool. but I've grown to love my yellow choice)
- the manual, some may roast me for saying this, but I love manual but after driving my buddies wrangler with the manual, there's much to be desired. The clutch feels wrong and the gearbox isn't the best.

I have the Golf R, same kinda disconnected feeling with it's manual gearbox and clutch. Better than the JLU but still disconnected. GT350R gearbox and clutch (I replaced the clutch spring in my GT350 cause the engineers decided to have a dual rate spring was better...it's really, really not...not terrible it just feels so weird)...but now that the stock spring is out, that car and it's gearbox is how manuals should be.

Obviously, we can't compare a GT350 to a Wrangler lol, I'm not saying that, but what I am saying is they could put some work into clutch feel and tighten up the gearbox.

Anyway, Bronco's V6 2.7L you can't get manual (disappointed in that), if you want manual in a bronco, gotta get the I4 2.3L....so all these manufactures limit what they offer (for their own reasons) but I'm seeing Ford coming to the table with a lot of "features" as standard base model stuff....and colors, many colors to choose.

Prolly went way off topic here...sorry guys. lol

R
If you go for the Bronco don't get the 4 cyl. It will be worn out if it makes it to 100K miles. The ecoboost turbo engines especially 4 cyl. is overworked hard. Although the V6 2.7 has not just one but two turbos, so one of them at least will wear out or get clogged up with carbon. They just seem to go for horsepower and torque. Reliability is not anywhere on top of the list of the design priorities anymore.
I'm on the fence also, but the 2021 with the etorque on V6 seems to just complicate things more.
The 4 door Bronco rear seats don't lay flat (big deal for me). They just can't get everything right and there's always something that turns off the buyer.
Also, no more pumk'n or Mojito colors either. Yellow has always been my favorite too.

jwhite77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Wrangler
Nothing special. I sat with the sales manager and we walked through the ordering system and went through all the selections and got a POC printed up. The ordering system steps follows the flow of the ordering guide.

Make sure they have the 8.4” radio (AEK) selected which requires the technology group (AAN). The tech group is required on all Willys packages so that should already be selected.

Were you certain they were starting with the Willys quick order package (ends in W) and not the Willys Sport (ends in K)? Step 2 in the ordering guide. The 8.4 and Alpine audio appear to be unavailable with the Willys Sport package.
Thanks for the information. I'm trying to work with him remotely, so hard to know what he is entering. I will pass along what you have stated. It seems easy enough.
Sponsored