Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just can't see that in the real world. Real people don't see the order guide but on Jeep.com if they see they have to pay for basic colors I see a lot of complaining.
You'll probably see a lot of complaining online, and I'd imagine people will grumble at dealerships. But until that translates into drops on the spreadsheet, I'd imagine things will stay the same unfortunately.

And in the real world, I can't see someone who's buying a $40-50K+ Rubicon sweating over $250 for the color they want when they order. And given that most people buy off the lot, I can't see many people just going to a different vehicle just because the jeep doesn't come in blue or some other color. Not saying I love it as a potential customer, but from a business standpoint it makes sense.
Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
You'll probably see a lot of complaining online, and I'd imagine people will grumble at dealerships. But until that translates into drops on the spreadsheet, I'd imagine things will stay the same unfortunately.

And in the real world, I can't see someone who's buying a $40-50K+ Rubicon sweating over $250 for the color they want when they order. And given that most people buy off the lot, I can't see many people just going to a different vehicle just because the jeep doesn't come in blue or some other color. Not saying I love it as a potential customer, but from a business standpoint it makes sense.
Although this is true and I 100% agree with you, I myself may wait to see the actual "colors" they will offer for 2021 but at the same time they're opening themselves up to lost sales since the Bronco is coming back. How many people would buy a Bronco over a Wrangler I don't know but there is that potential. To not even say what the colors are is a weird marketing tactic imo. Like if they told me it was Chief Blue and Snazzberry I woulda order my 2021 Sting Gray last Tuesday! Done, sale finalized. Just kinda odd.

Business wise this is probably an incentive to bring new buyers to the Wrangler half way through the model year cycle...and that's fine and understandable and -- well, pretty smart but at least give your eager buyers (me) some further choices...

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD

The color choices and no current diesel have me now looking at both the Defender and the Bronco. I've had multiple jeeps and still have a TJ but without any decent colors or the ability to order a diesel I will consider other options. That's just me but I wonder how many others are kinda tired of grey hues and odd engine choices.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My last "different" car color choice was 49 years ago with bright yellow. Never had a diesel. Never will.

Sponsored

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
So Mike, you stick with the basic "colors"? Any reason why other than you obviously like them? Like I said, I like Sting Gray, just kinda disappointed I don't know the colors I'd be passing up.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Black, silver, gray, dark blue. My first new car was white with red stripe down the middle of the sides and a blue stripe down the middle of the hood, top, trunk. Guess I grew conservative in my older years.

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides 1591716555545

What the Heck happened to the fun colors????? Nobody ever got to see Nacho. Now Ocean Blue, Mojito, and Bikini gets chopped. RIP fun colored Wranglers... You'll be missed. :crying:

Last edited:

sdebol

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara
The color choices and no current diesel have me now looking at both the Defender and the Bronco. I've had multiple jeeps and still have a TJ but without any decent colors or the ability to order a diesel I will consider other options. That's just me but I wonder how many others are kinda tired of grey hues and odd engine choices.
+1
I have a 2010 Mango Tango JK with 150K miles. Am about ready to buy a JL but I will most likely be ordering and there’s no way I’ll pull the trigger with the current color choices. Just hoping to avoid a major repair until some fun colors are offered again. Would love to see my color come back but I’m guessing that’s never going to happen...

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
Colours of my 4 Wrangers: 2007 Steel Blue, 2010 Stone white, 2013 Rock Lobster, 2018 Sting Gray... I loved Rock Lobster, but most didn't so it was rare to see... Rescue Green(2007) is cool too....if I was to have one choice it would be Cosmos Blue (Not a fan of metallic paint on a Wrangler)

Sponsored

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Colours of my 4 Wrangers: 2007 Steel Blue, 2010 Stone white, 2013 Rock Lobster, 2018 Sting Gray... I loved Rock Lobster, but most didn't so it was rare to see... Rescue Green(2007) is cool too....if I was to have one choice it would be Cosmos Blue (Not a fan of metallic paint on a Wrangler)
Nice look in 2007.

Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides 1591721200369

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I’m not sure what the advantage of not releasing colors. Other than people feeling special that they waited. Longer I wait the closer we get to unveiling the Bronco (and I guarantee you’ll know all the colors you can get at that unveiling — and it will be more than 5 shades of gray and red and yellow).

I can appreciate limited runs of colors but at least do them at the beginning of the run. Or at least give more color options than red or yellow...there’s not even a blue!!!

I know people will respond with that’s how Jeep does it. At this point, I’m with Sting Gray (a shade...not even a color lol)...and as cool as it is I’d just like to know what I’d be waiting for if I don’t go with Sting Gray. It’s more frustrating than being impatient.

r
Exactly. Also, this is pretty challenging time for auto industry and I think they should do everything now to bring in customers. Especially with FCA and their new merger, it will be tough. One would hope that all colors and options would've been released from the beginning but nope. Also, some cool features added for 2021 but not many, I mean front camera is great. For the colors, they still have the Sarge Green, but I think not that popular as no one even mentions it. Not sure how the release of the other cars would impact wranglers but it's very possible, based on the teaser video, they are trying to build their community. Just not sure how it would be like to purchase a car with not a big community just yet or after markets mods.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep usually offers their special colors after ordering starts and only for a year or two. They will still sell all they can make until the Bronco comes out then we'll see how it goes.

JeePM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
What does it mean where it says "only available with HT1" just above the sting gray and Sarge color options?

morreale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR / Shelby GT500
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What does it mean where it says "only available with HT1" just above the sting gray and Sarge color options?
it is due to the fact that hella yella is only available now with a black top and not color coded

BLACK 3-PIECE HARD TOP : HT1
Sponsored