Sponsored

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
Quick question from someone who has never ordered a vehicle. When you see guys saying that they got their jeep for 5-7% under invoice, does that include the destination charge? I know you have to pay tax, title, and license but I'm trying to get a clear picture of total cost before I pull the trigger
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The destination charge is fixed to both dealer and buyer. It depends on the dealer but many of them will not apply % the discount to the destination charge.

PSUEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Quick question from someone who has never ordered a vehicle. When you see guys saying that they got their jeep for 5-7% under invoice, does that include the destination charge? I know you have to pay tax, title, and license but I'm trying to get a clear picture of total cost before I pull the trigger
I can't speak about invoice, but wanted a '21 Unlimited Rubicon, Manual Trans, Cold Weather Group, 3pc Hard top, & Floor Mats. Nothing else. I created a build sheet on Jeep.com, and sent it to 10 dealers in my local area, and asked for their best price. (All of them indicated that they had to add the Remote Proximity Keyless entry, even though the Jeep site allows you to build it without, but apparently, that's a must add.
The 10 quotes I received were between $1000 - $3395 below sticker. (Safford Jeep Warrenton, VA had the best price) I went into the dealer and gave them $1000 deposit, and 54 days later, they delivered my vehicle. Exactly the price that we agreed to.
MSRP with freight - $47,565. My price with Freight $44,170
No dealer add on nonsense (mud flaps, rustproofing, wheel locks, etc...) just the vehicle, exactly as I wanted it. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
I can't speak about invoice, but wanted a '21 Unlimited Rubicon, Manual Trans, Cold Weather Group, 3pc Hard top, & Floor Mats. Nothing else. I created a build sheet on Jeep.com, and sent it to 10 dealers in my local area, and asked for their best price. (All of them indicated that they had to add the Remote Proximity Keyless entry, even though the Jeep site allows you to build it without, but apparently, that's a must add.
The 10 quotes I received were between $1000 - $3395 below sticker. (Safford Jeep Warrenton, VA had the best price) I went into the dealer and gave them $1000 deposit, and 54 days later, they delivered my vehicle. Exactly the price that we agreed to.
MSRP with freight - $47,565. My price with Freight $44,170
No dealer add on nonsense (mud flaps, rustproofing, wheel locks, etc...) just the vehicle, exactly as I wanted it. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Nice! Glad to hear you had a good experience. I lucked upon my first deal just sitting on a lot (bare bones 2 door sport with the dana 44 in the back) - just what I wanted, or thought I wanted. Now I'm realizing that I need a 4 door and would like to build it exactly how I want it - not leaving it to luck this time.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Heads up boys and girls, it was posted on facebook today from a person who was actively involved in the Tuscardero Pink color, there is another BRIGHT color of some sort coming down the pipeline. That's all they alluded to, but worth mentioning!

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Heads up boys and girls, it was posted on facebook today from a person who was actively involved in the Tuscardero Pink color, there is another BRIGHT color of some sort coming down the pipeline. That's all they alluded to, but worth mentioning!
They also announced Tuscardero can be ordered through November

GTCS302

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2011 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
Ah... Okay, thank you very much to you and @TheEddie I got worried there thinking I had to add it and it was an extra expense. Thanks again.
Hi JLUAltitude,
Beautiful Jeep. Question for you. Did it come with the Alpine Sound System as part of the 8.4" Radio & Premium Audio Group?

982500h

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
What is 8DA? There are a lot of references to it in the order guide but I can't find where it's defined. Is there another thread or location that help decipher these codes (at least the ones not in the std equipment section)?

brycal01

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
I ordered a Sport Altitude on Monday. The cost for the 4cyl/auto combination is not $2K ($2500 - $500) versus the $1500 on the order guide. I'm new to this - is it typical to have random increases like that?

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I ordered a Sport Altitude on Monday. The cost for the 4cyl/auto combination is not $2K ($2500 - $500) versus the $1500 on the order guide. I'm new to this - is it typical to have random increases like that?
It has been happening pretty much every month this year.

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
You were able to order a 2.0T? Military Auto Sales said they cannot order the turbo 4, V6 engines. At least not for Rubicon trim.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
We ordered a 2.0T, 2 door Rubicon fully loaded on Saturday. Dealer sent the order through today with no restrictions.