Sponsored

JeepTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This is the exact same question I have. My guess is that the fliptop is in lieu of the freedom panels. Otherwise, how could FCA ship the flip top and either the dual top group or dual door group (since those take up so much room for shipping). If the fliptop was in addition to the freedom panels, it would probably say in the order guide that it is not available with dual top or dual door groups. Again, this is just my guess. The fliptop was not available when I ordered my 2-door Rubicon back on 4/3/21. I plan to order the Bestop sunrider after my Jeep arrives (whenever that will be...).
if It’s replacing and not in addition it’s not a good deal at all to order.The bestop sunrider retails for 850 for the twill, get the forum discount even less. Seems like Jeep is charging more for it, which is fine if someone wants the simplicity of it all arriving together, but if it’s replacing the freedom panels and you don’t get them then in my opinion that’s a bad deal. Especially considering bestop makes the factory softop so my guess is the mopar Sunrider is just the bestop sunrider rebranded. In other words jeep is giving you less, for more money when you could buy the same product elsewhere for less money and get more roof components!

In any case I recently ordered the bestop sunrider and it will just come off my current Jeep and onto my new one when it arrives, was just curious!
Sponsored

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
cant imagine the sunrider is a replacement for the panels. My guess is that it will be in a box inside the Jeep when shipped. think about it, when you order half doors, FCA doesnt delete the full doors, the half doors are shipped inside the Jeep. When you order both tops, the soft top is inside the Jeep.

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
think about it, when you order half doors, FCA doesnt delete the full doors, the half doors are shipped inside the Jeep. When you order both tops, the soft top is inside the Jeep.
Well, I think you got me on this. I thought the order guides had a listed restriction. For example, we all know you can't get both the dual door group and the dual top group. I thought the order guide indicated this restriction but when I just looked I did not see any listed restriction. I still think, however, that if you can't get the sunrider and either dual doors or dual tops as there is not enough room to put all of these boxes in the Jeep for shipping. However, if the sunrider is in lieu of the freedom panels, then there would be room for shipping of either the dual doors or the dual tops.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Maybe if they come out with a Jeep Trailer option, then you could order Dual Top, Half Doors and the Sunrider. Because that would be the only way to get all that S**t home. 😂

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
As someone who ordered the dual tops, I would think there would still be enough room in an unlimited for a Sunrider top even if didn't replace the freedom panels.

Sponsored

ecoastsrfr

First Name
Chally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Hey everybody…excited to follow along with everyone’s orders.
I ordered Sarge Green Sport S on 5/29. I reached back out to the dealer for the VON, and he sent me over a sheet which has the VON and the VIN.
Is it normal to have a VIN that soon (2 days)?
Also, for those that ordered and traded in a vehicle, how close was the final trade in amount to the amount they quoted back when you placed the order?? Thanks.

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
So, assuming that 2022 production has been pushed back, will there be a new order guide for June? If so, when will that likely surface?

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
So, assuming that 2022 production has been pushed back, will there be a new order guide for June? If so, when will that likely surface?
See this is what I am wondering as well and still has me feeling suspicious about the whole December thing. If this was planned and they knew orders for 2022 would not take place till September, one would assume a June, July and August build guide would be available for ordering 2021 models.

What day did the May build guide come out?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Added latest (6/9/21) order guide to the first post

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Added latest (6/9/21) order guide to the first post
Looks like Hydro Blue and Gecko(?!) are gone already, Billet Silver returns?

Edit: They're still available in the 2dr order guide though.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Looks like Hydro Blue and Gecko(?!) are gone already, Billet Silver returns?

Edit: They're still available in the 2dr order guide though.
LIMITED EDITION GECKO CLEAR COAT is still available.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The only difference I see is that JLU guide officially removes Billet Silver and the Freedom Edition is gone.