Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I went today to order a 4xe in Chief Blue, saw the color on the jeep website. Am I out of luck ?
You are out of luck unless they bring it back, Chief was removed from the order guide in the early December. I read that they only have the ability to paint number of colors at the point in time. I suspect Chief was replace by Nacho, which has now has been replaced by Hydro Blue.

The Jeep Website is out of date, it shows past configurations and the pricing isn't upto date either. I wonder if they keep it dated to show what could be on dealer lots.
Sponsored

Lazygreek

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I wanted the Chief myself also. it was the only color I really, really liked. Hydro Blue is also really nice though. my last 3 JLURs were all Punk'n so I wanted to like Nacho. But I couldn't. I can't find a Chief on a lot with the options I want anywhere in the US so wilo have to order. I plan to pull the trigger once the April build sheets hit just to make sure no new colors come out, or come back.
I have a ‘19 in black now. And Chief Blue was a really nice color (super close to Porsche’ Mexico Blue) Hyrdo is ok, but I’m trying to get past the metallic tone of the color. Black with the blue of the 4xe looks ok, but I want something new if I’m giving up my ‘19 (which is paid off) for it. Red looks weird with the blue, same for yellow and orange. The only metallic color I liked was mojito. Granite is ok , but gray is boring. We shall see.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
I'm wondering if Gecko is being pushed back to MY22 unless it's going to be LATE, late availability. I also found it odd the the Dual Door Group was available in the March build guide for the 4xe but it is NOT available in the April build guide for the 4xe.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering if Gecko is being pushed back to MY22 unless it's going to be LATE, late availability. I also found it odd the the Dual Door Group was available in the March build guide for the 4xe but it is NOT available in the April build guide for the 4xe.
You can now order the Tailgate reinforcement for the 4XE, before you could not. so that's a plus I guess. I am surprised they removed Chief and Nacho and did not replace either of them. Was expecting Gecko as well.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Yes - wondering if the dual door group disappeared just for the 4xe or other models. Maybe I'll have to wait until May to see if it makes a return!

mpane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 unlimited
when are the 2022 model order guides expected .... bring that Gobi color to town

KebertXela

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - wondering if the dual door group disappeared just for the 4xe or other models. Maybe I'll have to wait until May to see if it makes a return!
Just put an order in on a 4xe Rubicon. The Dual Door group is definitely not available for the 4xe models right now. Not sure why. 🤷‍♂️

Though it did save me from spending an additional $4000 dollars on my order lol.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
when are the 2022 model order guides expected .... bring that Gobi color to town
Someone told me June. I totaled my Mercedes and they just gave me about $8,000.00 back. It's was a new lease, so I was surprised. I really want to wait for the 2022 build guide to make a decision.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
anything is possible but I think if 2021 allocations are done and you'd need to do a 2022 392 I wouldn't hold my breath for Gecko still being available.
So you’re saying nobody will be able to order a gecko. They’re only making it for 21 and 21 is done. I hope that’s not true.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
So you’re saying nobody will be able to order a gecko. They’re only making it for 21 and 21 is done. I hope that’s not true.
Im just saying that ordering a Gecko 392 might not happen