Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Too many TBD on the Ford Bronco web site specs right now to know what will really happen in 8 months when they start putting them out. Mostly marketing BS subject to change. And ordering first year build after such a long absence plus some experimental components like the suspension, I wouldn't even consider buying one for a couple of years. And pricing is still vague but looks like it is as much or maybe more than Wrangler.
Can't wait for the Bronco forums with all the "early adopters" bitching how this or that doesn't work, and worst vehicle ever made and on and on.
Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Lol, Mike. I like your honesty and see FCA for what it is. There's people who like Jeeps for what they are, what they represent and what their capable of, and there's those who are just pure cult fans. If you've seen my posts in the "392" thread (jez, another concept), I'm on the fence now about my Rubi order and waiting for more info on this Bronco. I just feel like FCA is forcing me into things I initially didn't even want.

- eTorque
- color choices (there really isn't any for 2021, red/yellow or 5 shades of gray -- not cool. but I've grown to love my yellow choice)
- the manual, some may roast me for saying this, but I love manual but after driving my buddies wrangler with the manual, there's much to be desired. The clutch feels wrong and the gearbox isn't the best.

I have the Golf R, same kinda disconnected feeling with it's manual gearbox and clutch. Better than the JLU but still disconnected. GT350R gearbox and clutch (I replaced the clutch spring in my GT350 cause the engineers decided to have a dual rate spring was better...it's really, really not...not terrible it just feels so weird)...but now that the stock spring is out, that car and it's gearbox is how manuals should be.

Obviously, we can't compare a GT350 to a Wrangler lol, I'm not saying that, but what I am saying is they could put some work into clutch feel and tighten up the gearbox.

Anyway, Bronco's V6 2.7L you can't get manual (disappointed in that), if you want manual in a bronco, gotta get the I4 2.3L....so all these manufactures limit what they offer (for their own reasons) but I'm seeing Ford coming to the table with a lot of "features" as standard base model stuff....and colors, many colors to choose.

Prolly went way off topic here...sorry guys. lol

R
To me the biggest disappointment is no manual for the Sasquatch Package. No matter what engine you choose.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

D.Hess

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking about a JL
Occupation
Orthopaedic Hand & Upper Extremity Surgeon
Seems like Ford is collecting customer feedback and if enough people voice their disappointment they may change their mind. https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-transmission-sasquatch-details/

I wish FCA did a little more listening. I was originally wanting diesel, however, after much reading, thinking about lifts, gearing, DEF tank, exhausts, and other options...I opted out of that choice.
I looking into aftermarket upgrades for the 3.6L and thought that would be a great option. Now the 3.6L is not available with 8-speed auto WITHOUT eTorque. I really don't want the eTorque. Engine upgrades (Magnuson/Ripp)are a "no go."

I haven't ordered yet. Just waiting to see where my best options are...Broncho vs Jeep.

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, YJ
I was planning on a 3.6, I like the non direct injection simplicity, with the etorque in the 3.6 I’m lost at what to order.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
I think the issue with the "no manual" is the fact that an auto is better for off road for most people. An inexperience driver with a manual is a recipe for disaster on technical trails. I think they are trying to avoid lawsuits.

I also think that the release of the Bronco is going to cut into Wrangler sales and force Jeep to cut prices to compete.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The base prices for the Broncos look similar to Wrangler and they don't have prices for options yet. Plus prices can change in the 8 months until they start cranking them out.

Razak9

First Name
Razak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
The base prices for the Broncos look similar to Wrangler and they don't have prices for options yet. Plus prices can change in the 8 months until they start cranking them out.
From what I saw the prices on the bronco are cheaper (by a little bit) but that’s not including any of the ad ons.

Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

I was planning on a 3.6, I like the non direct injection simplicity, with the etorque in the 3.6 I’m lost at what to order.
I have 2021 JLUS 3.6 on order with the etorque of course. (had a 99 TJ for years so I am finally upgrading). In my opinion (which ain't worth much) the e-torque is actually a very good system for the wranglers with the ESS feature. I would be willing to bet Jeep got complaints about the non-etorque 3.6 with ESS, regarding abruptness on stop/start at red lights and such. The e-torque smooths out that process significantly and tested well on the 2.0. So, I am actually happy to see it on the 3.6 as standard feature. Yes, its got a lot going on with the battery and coolant lines, but engine and system complexity is unavoidable going forward. SO I wouldn't fret too much about the etorque.

Now with all that being said, I don't know why they yanked it from the 2.0 turbo engine.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I have 2021 JLUS 3.6 on order with the etorque of course. (had a 99 TJ for years so I am finally upgrading). In my opinion (which ain't worth much) the e-torque is actually a very good system for the wranglers with the ESS feature. I would be willing to bet Jeep got complaints about the non-etorque 3.6 with ESS, regarding abruptness on stop/start at red lights and such. The e-torque smooths out that process significantly and tested well on the 2.0. So, I am actually happy to see it on the 3.6 as standard feature. Yes, its got a lot going on with the battery and coolant lines, but engine and system complexity is unavoidable going forward. SO I wouldn't fret too much about the etorque.

Now with all that being said, I don't know why they yanked it from the 2.0 turbo engine.
I agree. I think many people have not really taken the time to research the system and are just posting nonsense.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Yup. From what I read eTorque isn’t bad at all. Far less issues with the 12v, 48v eTorque system (If any at all for that matter) than the 12v, 12v ess (i.e. two 12v batteries)...however, this isn’t coming from personal experience, just information I’ve gathered online.

R

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Since Jeep has NO intentions of putting the 392 or any other Hemi in a Wrangler, I think they are going to be forced to super charge the 3.6 to compete with the Bronco V6 Eco boost that is rated at 330hp and 400lbft of torque

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
FCA reportedly has an I-6 finishing development that can be outfitted from 300 hp to 525 hp. Might replace the 3.6.
Sponsored