morreale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR / Shelby GT500
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bright color kinda guy, so anything that falls on the greyscale spectrum isn't going to be terribly interesting to me, with occasional exceptions (I once saw a really sharp white YJ, and although I don't much like YJs or white the combination was pretty sweet).

Sting Gray, for some reason, just really makes me unhappy. No big deal, just a neurosis of mine.
i am trying to decide between white and sting gray for my 2021 jlur order :)

would love to have gecko green or orange crush though!
Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
What's interesting is that you don't find that many thread or people talking about Sarge Green. I checked it out in person and it looked cool on, just a tiny bit off with the Rubi red theme. But not many even talk about this color and found it interesting...

dangads895

First Name
Angad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I think this was mentioned earlier, but is it confirmed that full time 4WD is not available with manual transmission?

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
I think this was mentioned earlier, but is it confirmed that full time 4WD is not available with manual transmission?

Correct. Only available on the auto with the 3.6 and 2.0. No manual nor diesel.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I dont know why I cant wrap my head around this. The part time rock track is the standard option, but you can UPGRADE to the full time rock track for 2021?

Sponsored

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
On page 21, under Sahara (JLJP74), remote keyless entry has an X for standard equipment. Up above, however, for "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry" in the build options says it's only standard on High Altitude model and then it's a $545 charge for base Sahara. What's the difference between those two? Sound the same to me.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They are different. Keyless entry is the keyfob. Proximity is your hand.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
They are different. Keyless entry is the keyfob. Proximity is your hand.
You're right, I was reading that too fast. Remote keyless entry is just saying you do not need to insert a key into the vehicle to unlock/lock. I don't see many differences in the new 2021 Saharas compared to the 2020 as far as standard equipment goes.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if much has changed on standard equipment on any of them. Wish Jeep would update their website with 2021 models and pricing instead of misleading people by still letting them configure a 2020. Plus put in the 2021 prices. I want to see if they really are charging for every color but white.

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Not sure if much has changed on standard equipment on any of them. Wish Jeep would update their website with 2021 models and pricing instead of misleading people by still letting them configure a 2020. Plus put in the 2021 prices. I want to see if they really are charging for every color but white.
If you look at that order guide that was uploaded for 2021 it does show a charge for every color besides white

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just can't see that in the real world. Real people don't see the order guide but on Jeep.com if they see they have to pay for basic colors I see a lot of complaining.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I’m not sure what the advantage of not releasing colors. Other than people feeling special that they waited. Longer I wait the closer we get to unveiling the Bronco (and I guarantee you’ll know all the colors you can get at that unveiling — and it will be more than 5 shades of gray and red and yellow).

I can appreciate limited runs of colors but at least do them at the beginning of the run. Or at least give more color options than red or yellow...there’s not even a blue!!!

I know people will respond with that’s how Jeep does it. At this point, I’m with Sting Gray (a shade...not even a color lol)...and as cool as it is I’d just like to know what I’d be waiting for if I don’t go with Sting Gray. It’s more frustrating than being impatient.

r

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I just can't see that in the real world. Real people don't see the order guide but on Jeep.com if they see they have to pay for basic colors I see a lot of complaining.
lol, you have to pay for Sting Gray!!! It’s not even a color!
Sponsored