2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Hmm....I have been looking into this FULL TIME all morning...

Seems as though the European Rubicon already has this FULL TIME system. Soooo, it's no doubt going to be a similar implementation as over there. It has beefed up CV joints (ie. not the same as the CV joints in the Sahara) so all is good there...it essentially boils down to smoother turning, similar strength. Downside being the rubber boot I guess seems to be the most problematic (if at all) ...and the question I had earlier regarding the ability to still use PART TIME 4WD I believe is answered with this pic :) ...it's from another thread on this forum discussing the EU Rubicon.

For the benefits of changing road conditions up here in the Great White North (ability to use full time 4WD) and my "Rock crawling" in Ontario (lol), I think CV's on a RUBICON will be just fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides 1591550614300

Artinyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
So let me get this straight: Jeep has 5 greyscale "colors" still available, but has dropped nearly every bright color? Mojito, Bikini, Punk'n all gone? Ocean Blue too?

What the hell, Mark.
Hello, new here :) I just ordered my JLU this past week! Started this journey a year ago, got close to ordering this past November and would have gone with Bikini pearl. Imagine my surprise when the time came to finally build my JL only to find Bikini is gone :crying:

Luckily I was still able to get the color I first fell in love with.

Best regards all!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, new here :) I just ordered my JLU this past week! Started this journey a year ago, got close to ordering this past November and would have gone with Bikini pearl. Imagine my surprise when the time came to finally build my JL only to find Bikini is gone :crying:

Luckily I was still able to get the color I first fell in love with.

Best regards all!
Are you registered on Cryptostickers.net? And are you saying you got Bikini from a June order?

Sponsored

Artinyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Are you registered on Cryptostickers.net? And are you saying you got Bikini from a June order?
No I'm not.
No, sadly I'm saying I could NOT get Bikini in just the short time from November to May. But luckily (?) I was torn between two colors during this whole saving phase and I was able to get my other top color.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No I'm not.
No, sadly I'm saying I could NOT get Bikini in just the short time from November to May. But luckily (?) I was torn between two colors during this whole saving phase and I was able to get my other top color.
What was it?
Also you should register so you get a notice when a build sheet and sticker are available.
Not a manual is it?

Artinyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
What was it?
Also you should register so you get a notice when a build sheet and sticker are available.
Not a manual is it?
Sting gray!
Yes, it is manual ... and it just so happens that I stumbled on that post today about the recall. I couldn't find a clear answer if there is a remedy yet or not. Also, I guess it may be a silly question, but if mine is being built and they are aware of the issue, I assume it would come with the remedy (if there is one)?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sting gray!
Yes, it is manual ... and it just so happens that I stumbled on that post today about the recall. I couldn't find a clear answer if there is a remedy yet or not. Also, I guess it may be a silly question, but if mine is being built and they are aware of the issue, I assume it would come with the remedy (if there is one)?
I'll catch you up. They aren't building ones with manuals right now. There is a fix for the recall, some don't think it will work but I don't know. Because the plant was closed when they started getting the parts to fix it they sent them to the dealers to fix existing ones. Now that the plant is open it appears they haven't got the parts to build. There are people on the forum with orders in February waiting for their manual build while automatics are being built from May orders.
Also, there isn't a known logic to the build order sequence. An order from last week may go through right before one from March.
Let us know if you have any questions.

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz
What was it?
Not a manual is it?
I hope doesn't say one of the "shade" colors. Just bustin' your balls Artinyx. But really I'm wondering what is the second choice for someone that wanted Bikini. BTW I like Bikini.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Go to this thread to see how orders are going -
JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

Artinyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I hope doesn't say one of the "shade" colors. Just bustin' your balls Artinyx. But really I'm wondering what is the second choice for someone that wanted Bikini. BTW I like Bikini.
I wanted Sting Gray. Bikini wasn't an option when I started looking. When I saw Bikini in person I was like "That's it! That's the color!"
So while I'm sad I couldn't get Bikini, Sting Gray was in actuality my first choice ;)

Artinyx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
You managed to pick my favorite and my most-loathed colors. Nice trick!
I currently drive a white car, I will never drive white again. I love that the sting gray is not metallic. But honestly I was even considering Punk'n when I started looking at Jeeps. I was all over the map.

Which do you loathe?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I currently drive a white car, I will never drive white again. I love that the sting gray is not metallic. But honestly I was even considering Punk'n when I started looking at Jeeps. I was all over the map.

Which do you loathe?
I'm a bright color kinda guy, so anything that falls on the greyscale spectrum isn't going to be terribly interesting to me, with occasional exceptions (I once saw a really sharp white YJ, and although I don't much like YJs or white the combination was pretty sweet).

Sting Gray, for some reason, just really makes me unhappy. No big deal, just a neurosis of mine.
Sponsored