Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
What the person that was briefed said he couldn't reveal details, just by the end of the year. With plants shut down and people working from home it is hard to know exact timing.
colors first release of 2018 -
2018 JL Unlimited initial exterior colors:

BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
BLACK CLEAR COAT
BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT
FIRECRACKER RED CLEAR COAT
GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT

Looks lime Punkn and Ocean Blue could be ordered Feb 2018L
Hellya and Mojito could be ordered July 2018
4 dr order guide came out Oct 2017
2 dr order guide came out Dec 2017

2019 order guide Sep 2018 (no charge for any of the colors) Bikini added March 2019
2020 order guide Jul 2019 (no charge for any of the colors)
The dates are all over. So seems like there is no solid info we can rely on lol. But I think they gotta either come up with some cool colors or some sort of special edition as there will be some announcements for a competitor off-road vehicle coming out soon. So, they may come up with something more than just a normal stuff. Maybe some new incentives... Who knows! I just want my JLUR now, can't wait till August. It's perfect weather here to hit any trails.
Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
If Iā€™m reading the guide correctly FT4WD is not available on diesel. I got this from he codes inside the FT4WD option box ā€œNA W/EXJā€. Is this correct?

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz
Not all colors come out at the beginning. They are coming out with a couple more colors by end of year.
That may force me to shop used rather than new. Plus there is no Recon available.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
If Iā€™m reading the guide correctly FT4WD is not available on diesel. I got this from he codes inside the FT4WD option box ā€œNA W/EXJā€. Is this correct?
You are reading that right. The Rubicon Rock Trac HD full time 4WD is only available with the standard auto transmission (DFT) which comes with the 2.0 ESS (EC1) or the 3.6 BSG (ERG), so no diesel and no manual.

D.Hess

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking about a JL
Occupation
Orthopaedic Hand & Upper Extremity Surgeon
Why are you configuring a 2020? The diesel deletes the standard 4.10 and substitutes 3.73.
I was using the 2020 website builder as a template/trial just to see engine/trans/gear combos. The 2021 builder is not available. My preference would be to have as much info as possible before I hit the dealership for an order/purchase.
The diesel is a must for me and I would prefer 4.10 gears as I'm going with 37's from the go, with a 3.5" Teraflex when their finished with the diesel redesign.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was using the 2020 website builder as a template/trial just to see engine/trans/gear combos. The 2021 builder is not available. My preference would be to have as much info as possible before I hit the dealership for an order/purchase.
The diesel is a must for me and I would prefer 4.10 gears as I'm going with 37's from the go, with a 3.5" Teraflex when their finished with the diesel redesign.
The 2021 order guide doesn't give any reference to the gearing for the diesel. Someone commented it isn't available right away. They took the 2019 off the Jeep.com site but didn't put the 2021 builds on yet as was expected. For those that don't know the 2020 orders are closed and use the site to do a prelim build are going to be surprised when they go in to the dealer.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You may be fine as is. I haven't seen anything that would indicate that the 3.73 gears have any problems with 37s.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
First major (not simply a sticker package) Special Edition: Wrangler Mojave. Fox res shocks, Off-Road +, unique interior, wheels, tires. And that boss hood...
First new color: Tiger-dark amber-coppery-orangy reddish orange, maybe along with Grape Jam-bluish-purple

*above information based on absolutely nothing aside from the voices that tell me things

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
I know no one knows yet because all we have is the order guide but do you think the full time 4WD can be turned off? Can we switch to 2WD, or part-time 4WD (like Rubicon is now)? The member from Europe sounded like the Select-Trac they have can't be turned off...

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First major (not simply a sticker package) Special Edition: Wrangler Mojave. Fox res shocks, Off-Road +, unique interior, wheels, tires. And that boss hood...
First new color: Tiger-dark amber-coppery-orangy reddish orange, maybe along with Grape Jam-bluish-purple

*above information based on absolutely nothing aside from the voices that tell me things
dark amber orange, i'd want that. this is all inside voices? no facts? lol

Sponsored

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
You are reading that right. The Rubicon Rock Trac HD full time 4WD is only available with the standard auto transmission (DFT) which comes with the 2.0 ESS (EC1) or the 3.6 BSG (ERG), so no diesel and no manual.
I have a custom order JLURD arriving next week. If 2021 would offer the full time 4wd I might be willing to wait a couple more months. I prefer the diesel if I canā€™t have both though. Thanks for confirming my interpretation!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have a custom order JLURD arriving next week. If 2021 would offer the full time 4wd I might be willing to wait a couple more months. I prefer the diesel if I canā€™t have both though. Thanks for confirming my interpretation!
I've custom-ordered quite a few vehicles, but I've never cancelled an order - especially right before delivery. Have they indicated that they'd be okay with that?

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
One would think, but it seems that even though the Gladiator has had it, all we've gotten on the Wrangler side is these low-res third party options. Maybe I'm mistaken that the Gladiator's trail cam is high res and is also just a composite video standard def option from FCA? Haven't seen the system myself in a JT.
The missing link I found is a video processor that's part of the Gladiator's camera install:

Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides ee03d40007fa3af44131d9a15820b5fc-

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've custom-ordered quite a few vehicles, but I've never cancelled an order - especially right before delivery. Have they indicated that they'd be okay with that?
My dealer said he couldnā€™t care less if I cancelled as the Rubicon would be easy to sell. Full deposit back and everything.

R

Simon311

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Rubicon, Ocean Blue, 6spd
Occupation
Real Estate
Nice updates/changes. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I waited for the 2021 model.

Awesome that the Rubicon will get the 3.6 eTorque. Although, I know some have concerns, but the eTorque is a much better implementation of ESS. The addition of the 4WD Auto is good news as well. This will be great in Chicagoland weather.

I knew the front camera was coming :)
Is there a noticeable difference between the standard 3.6 and the eTorque 3.6?
Sponsored