Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
My dealer said they aren't making Diesels in the first traunch. Anybody else hearing that?
I hope that's not the case. I'm talking to my dealer tonight or tomorrow so I can order a diesel. I'll report back what I hear.

It's the trail cam like the Gladiator has. Forward facing high resolution camera to see close obstacles directly in front of the jeep that are obscured by the hood from the driver's view.

So far seems impossible to retrofit this. The only solutions that have been offered up to swap this into the existing 8.4 headunits have been low res composite video workarounds.
My dealer said the opposite but I'm not sure if he has any first hand experience. He said they could just order the parts and then reflash the unit. It seems like it would be straight forward considering the Gladiator has it.
Sponsored

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
added colors and trims as well as below invoice percentages with tax option

made it a little more user friendly (I think), highlighted cells are the only ones that need
user input
This is great. Thanks! Now if you, or anybody else, have the time and want to do something similar for the Willys, that would be awesome. It will be hard not getting a Rubicon after my 2018 was totaled, but we will soon have 2 car payments and these things just get more and more expensive each year. Taking into consideration that some of my “must have” options will be available on other trims now, the Rubicon might be overkill for me. We will see.

Last edited:

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Dang, the Willys gets the 8.4” radio as an option. That’s the one upgrade I wanted but couldn’t get when I ordered mine in November. But, no more punk’n, so I’m happier that I got the color I wanted vs a larger screen I can add later.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I hope that's not the case. I'm talking to my dealer tonight or tomorrow so I can order a diesel. I'll report back what I hear.

My dealer said the opposite but I'm not sure if he has any first hand experience. He said they could just order the parts and then reflash the unit. It seems like it would be straight forward considering the Gladiator has it.
One would think, but it seems that even though the Gladiator has had it, all we've gotten on the Wrangler side is these low-res third party options. Maybe I'm mistaken that the Gladiator's trail cam is high res and is also just a composite video standard def option from FCA? Haven't seen the system myself in a JT.

Dang, the Willys gets the 8.4” radio as an option. That’s the one upgrade I wanted but couldn’t get when I ordered mine in November. But, no more punk’n, so I’m happier that I got the color I wanted vs a larger screen I can add later.
Yeah it's always been odd to me that you can't just pay for the 8.4 system in any trim. It's such an easy add for the factory. Luckily tho you can at least add the 8.4 uconnect aftermarket for under a grand. Real bummer on the MY2021 color choices, Wranglers should always have crazy colors available. Punkn and hellayella were always my favorite and I was moments away from buying a HY JLR before I ultimately went with white. Next time.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So let me get this straight: Jeep has 5 greyscale "colors" still available, but has dropped nearly every bright color? Mojito, Bikini, Punk'n all gone? Ocean Blue too?

What the hell, Mark.
Not all colors come out at the beginning. They are coming out with a couple more colors by end of year.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
Not all colors come out at the beginning. They are coming out with a couple more colors by end of year.
end of year? For real? I gotta wait 8 month before I can order a “color” and not a “shade”??????

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
So let me get this straight: Jeep has 5 greyscale "colors" still available, but has dropped nearly every bright color? Mojito, Bikini, Punk'n all gone? Ocean Blue too?

What the hell, Mark.
I kinda agree...wth.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
end of year? For real? I gotta wait 8 month before I can order a “color” and not a “shade”??????
BY THE END. That's the way Jeep does it. Bikini came out late availability. When the JL order guides came out first month you could just order the basic colors like in the 2021.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Rock Sliders w/ step assist. Are those retractable like RSE?
Btw aren't these just the “steps” that are on the 2020 rubicon recon?

Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
BY THE END. That's the way Jeep does it. Bikini came out late availability. When the JL order guides came out first month you could just order the basic colors like in the 2021.
What's late availability, like Q4? Or are we talking about before the production starts like August time frame.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What's late availability, like Q4? Or are we talking about before the production starts like August time frame.
What the person that was briefed said he couldn't reveal details, just by the end of the year. With plants shut down and people working from home it is hard to know exact timing.
colors first release of 2018 -
2018 JL Unlimited initial exterior colors:

BILLET SILVER METALLIC CLEAR COAT
BLACK CLEAR COAT
BRIGHT WHITE CLEAR COAT
FIRECRACKER RED CLEAR COAT
GRANITE CRYSTAL MET. CLEAR COAT

Looks lime Punkn and Ocean Blue could be ordered Feb 2018L
Hellya and Mojito could be ordered July 2018
4 dr order guide came out Oct 2017
2 dr order guide came out Dec 2017

2019 order guide Sep 2018 (no charge for any of the colors) Bikini added March 2019
2020 order guide Jul 2019 (no charge for any of the colors)

D.Hess

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thinking about a JL
Occupation
Orthopaedic Hand & Upper Extremity Surgeon
Are 4.10 gears even an option on the JLURD??? I can't config on the Jeep website for 2020 Jeep.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you configuring a 2020? The diesel deletes the standard 4.10 and substitutes 3.73.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
It's the Selec-Trac that they have been offering on the Sahara (and Euro-spec Rubi) for years. Same as the Rock-Trac, but with a 4 Auto option, sort of a select it and forget it AWD option, with Jeep's own algorithms. I wanted this when I bought, but thought it would never come. Don't know the deets on the gearing (I guess 4:10) or the use of C/V joints yet, which would alter the Rubi equation significantly, shifting it along the scale towards mall crawling, but to each his or her own. For me, if it had been offered on the '20s, I would have certainly added it. But, I'm a poser anyway...
We have had the Full-time 4WD system on the JLUR from the start in Europe.
It is basically the Select-trac (not chain driven, but clutch driven) with 4:10 Rubicon gearing and CV-joints (I guess that can be modified/upgraded to U joints).
It makes the 4WD drive smooth instead of jerky at times like the Rock-Trac.
When driving in Full-time 4WD mode on dry roads it makes the JLUR corner with more confidence.
I believe it makes the JLUR a much better all rounder for all types of slippery surfaces, giving it more combinations. But it is not as ideal for dedicated, fairly hardcore and longtime use of dry rock crawling than the actual Rock-Trac.
If you don’t rock crawl all the time, this makes it a better Jeep I think.

All things said, I don’t currently own one right now but have tested all of the different versions of the JL’s on and off-road on different events here in Europe since they were on sale and keep doing so.
Sponsored