First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Curious about the allure of full-time 4WD. Wouldn't that impact MPG for the vast majority of the time when you don't need extra traction?
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Curious about the allure of full-time 4WD. Wouldn't that impact MPG for the vast majority of the time when you don't need extra traction?
Don’t know but, I assume that you can put the Jeep into full time 4WD and then put it into 2WD when you don’t need it. Full time 4WD would be nice in snowy/mixed conditions.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Any word on what the next colors will be?

No, it's these: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/p...89k_FhaSR4MM29yfrfIgDdVYMjR6BnW8aAlrIEALw_wcB

Front camera. Presumably like the Gladiator's, with the washer fluid.
Thank you. That step looks almost useless as a step!

As for the front camera. I was told by my local sales rep when I was ordering a 2020 that the Gladiator camera could be added to the Wrangler by the dealer. Just takes a reflash to activate it after install. Glad to see it's available as an option for 2021 as i'm passing on the 2020 I ordered due to a misunderstanding.

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
White is now the only free color.

Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thank you. That step looks almost useless as a step!
It is pretty useless haha

As for the front camera. I was told by my local sales rep when I was ordering a 2020 that the Gladiator camera could be added to the Wrangler by the dealer. Just takes a reflash to activate it after install. Glad to see it's available as an option for 2021 as i'm passing on the 2020 I ordered due to a misunderstanding.
Yeah it should be exactly the same. Like a lot of options, it's much more expensive to add it later. The parts have only recently come on the market. While I've seen a lot of dealers say it can be done, I don't think it actually has been done yet.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Why did they get rid of the regular V6 with Auto option...wth. That's what I wanted. Didn't want to complicate things with the eTorque!!

R
I have a '20 Rubi in Firecracker with the 3.6 and 5000 miles you can buy so I can get the eTorque.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
By any chance you have more info on this or a link for the details? It's bit pricey but I'm sure it's worth it.
It's the Selec-Trac that they have been offering on the Sahara (and Euro-spec Rubi) for years. Same as the Rock-Trac, but with a 4 Auto option, sort of a select it and forget it AWD option, with Jeep's own algorithms. I wanted this when I bought, but thought it would never come. Don't know the deets on the gearing (I guess 4:10) or the use of C/V joints yet, which would alter the Rubi equation significantly, shifting it along the scale towards mall crawling, but to each his or her own. For me, if it had been offered on the '20s, I would have certainly added it. But, I'm a poser anyway...

Last edited:

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For those of us with bull bar bumpers, we'll need to get a front camera relocation kit to mount this new off road camera. I'm sure a new software update is coming that will soon enable this camera feature in your Uconnect.

Don't care much about the full time AWD, it would've been a nice to have but can do without. But, I want that front camera.