Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
What a lot of posters here are missing is that the purpose of the online configurator is for people to build and price Jeeps then find them in stock. Dealers would have fits if Jeep was giving out deets on future vehicles while they had current units on their floors. The vast majority of Jeeps sold are done that way, not through custom orders, so the prices, colors and options on the site reflect the current in stock units, not what's available to custom order.
Custom order buyers have this site as an excellent resource for what's to come, and we should be grateful for that.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Jeep usually offers their special colors after ordering starts and only for a year or two. They will still sell all they can make until the Bronco comes out then we'll see how it goes.
Maybe once Bronco is out, Jeep would do an upgrade or something. But who knows! I doubt it honestly since JL only been around for a couple of years and they might only do minor touches here and there. This waiting game is no fun. LOL

hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler 2dr JK Sport S
Am I reading the order guide correctly that a 2021 4dr Willys V6 auto will come with the E-torque?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Am I reading the order guide correctly that a 2021 4dr Willys V6 auto will come with the E-torque?
If you want a 3.6 auto on a 2021 it has eTorque. Manual has non-eTorque 3.6.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What a lot of posters here are missing is that the purpose of the online configurator is for people to build and price Jeeps then find them in stock. Dealers would have fits if Jeep was giving out deets on future vehicles while they had current units on their floors. The vast majority of Jeeps sold are done that way, not through custom orders, so the prices, colors and options on the site reflect the current in stock units, not what's available to custom order.
Custom order buyers have this site as an excellent resource for what's to come, and we should be grateful for that.
That is one purpose, probably main one Jeep has it for, but many of us use it to look at the options and prices before we go in to order one. So most looking at 2021 have to go in cold until they update the site.

Jaeth

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.standardroofingok.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That is one purpose, probably main one Jeep has it for, but many of us use it to look at the options and prices before we go in to order one. So most looking at 2021 have to go in cold until they update the site.
The site is often wrong anyway. One of the reasons the build sheets are posted for use. Trust the latest build sheet over the site.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Most people that buy don't know what a build sheet is or about this or other forums.
Which brings us back to my original statement: most people who buy don't order, they buy off the lot. So they are more than happy to use the online configurator, with all of its outdated shortcomings. And they aren't going in cold, because the site does reflect dealer stock, which is its only purpose. Those who are looking on the site to configure a custom order are looking in the wrong place. As a first, rough draft? Fine. To actually help configure an order? Terrible idea.

Sponsored

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Should have waited for 2021, the WIllys Sport model now has everything I wanted when I originally ordered in 2019, 8.4 uconnect, selec-trac. Although it is a lease so there is always 2022 :LOL:

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
I would LOVE to see Rescue Green again!! That may be my all-time fave...
I remember really liking the Jeep Rescue concept. I guess one could say that the raked grill was adopted.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
So let me get this straight: Jeep has 5 greyscale "colors" still available, but has dropped nearly every bright color? Mojito, Bikini, Punk'n all gone? Ocean Blue too?

What the hell, Mark.
Too bad they don't have an agree button instead of a like? Why take away all of the cool colors? i don't like being boring and was going to order a brand new 2021 Diesel in Ocean Blue ... too bad... i get to keep all my money now.... LoL :LOL: :mad:

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I was using the 2020 website builder as a template/trial just to see engine/trans/gear combos. The 2021 builder is not available. My preference would be to have as much info as possible before I hit the dealership for an order/purchase.
The diesel is a must for me and I would prefer 4.10 gears as I'm going with 37's from the go, with a 3.5" Teraflex when their finished with the diesel redesign.
and i noticed that in the dealer option you cannot order the Diesel with the 4:10 option only comes with the 3:73 but that was a 2020 haven't seen a build it yet with the 2021.... maybe i should look at the new Bronco?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm....I have been looking into this FULL TIME all morning...

Seems as though the European Rubicon already has this FULL TIME system. Soooo, it's no doubt going to be a similar implementation as over there. It has beefed up CV joints (ie. not the same as the CV joints in the Sahara) so all is good there...it essentially boils down to smoother turning, similar strength. Downside being the rubber boot I guess seems to be the most problematic (if at all) ...and the question I had earlier regarding the ability to still use PART TIME 4WD I believe is answered with this pic :) ...it's from another thread on this forum discussing the EU Rubicon.

For the benefits of changing road conditions up here in the Great White North (ability to use full time 4WD) and my "Rock crawling" in Ontario (lol), I think CV's on a RUBICON will be just fine.

1591550614300.png
The Cvs would be just fine if you are always staying on the pavement it's when you get into the mud and rocks is when you will have issues.
Sponsored