Sponsored

Last word on the Diesel JL?

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
All,

Patiently waiting to see when the MY19 will be announced and with it the Diesel engine.

Thanks!

Jeff
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I’m not waiting. I got a Rubi and I’m sure there will be a buyer if I am interested in a diesel.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Last I heard, they have had such horrendous quality with the engine in the Ram 1500 that it's been temporarily discontinued and is not available in the 2019 Ram until further notice. Hopefully they will address all the issues before re-releasing it to the Ram and Jeep lineup. Who knows how long that'll take.

Go over to a Ram forum and read about the seized engines, crank issues, etc. It doesn't sound good.

OP
OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Last I heard, they have had such horrendous quality with the engine in the Ram 1500 that it's been temporarily discontinued and is not available in the 2019 Ram until further notice. Hopefully they will address all the issues before re-releasing it to the Ram and Jeep lineup. Who knows how long that'll take.

Go over to a Ram forum and read about the seized engines, crank issues, etc. It doesn't sound good.
Well, that’s disheartening.....

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500

The diesel was temporarily suspended in the 1500 due to an EPA lawsuit, but you can now get a 2018. I can't speak to the quality issues, but my neighbor just bought one. The 2019 1500 diesel is supposed to be a late availability option.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation