Last Mile to Dealer?

IslandJL

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
The wife's JLU was off loaded at the rail yard 35 road miles from our house, and our dealer, on Monday. The dealer has confirmed this. But, the dealer doesn't seem to have the ability to follow up now, saying that they do not have any way to know when it will show up. They say they have called the rail yard (I think) but no one answers.

Does Jeep really not have the ability to find the location of a vehicle that is that close to the dealer? UPS can track a five ounce, 10 mm socket to my house and Jeep can't tell me when the Jeep is going to show up or even confirm where it is?

Frustrated and worried I'll need bail money for the wife soon.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It takes time to unload them from the rail cars and get them loaded onto the right trucks in the proper order to deliver to several dealerships in the area. Then it goes from the rail yard to the dealerships by truck. Your Jeep isn’t the only one on that truck and the truck likely delivers to multiple dealerships in the area. What more specifically do you need to know?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I do not entirely agree with what chocolate said. It was possible years ago for a dealer to pick a car up from the rail yard

OP
OP

IslandJL

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
It takes time to unload them from the rail cars and get them loaded onto the right trucks in the proper order to deliver to several dealerships in the area. Then it goes from the rail yard to the dealerships by truck. Your Jeep isn’t the only one on that truck and the truck likely delivers to multiple dealerships in the area. What more specifically do you need to know?
Thanks for the reminder that there is more than our one Jeep! ;)

What I would like is to know where it is and when it will arrive. It was off loaded Monday morning and no more information and it is Friday. However, being able to have an idea of when it is moved again should not be difficult. The dealer has been unable to get ANY updates at the time I posted this. Did the Jeep get hit and damaged? Fall off the truck while loading? Should I postpone selling our other vehicle? The kind of things that a simple schedule and update would help me plan.

The dealer has finally (5:30 pm on Friday) called to tell me the yard/truckers, not clear which, were off since Wednesday at noon and would return Monday. He would attempt to either get it on a truck, or go pick it up at the rail yard, as Kyanche suggested.

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
The wife's JLU was off loaded at the rail yard 35 road miles from our house, and our dealer, on Monday. The dealer has confirmed this. But, the dealer doesn't seem to have the ability to follow up now, saying that they do not have any way to know when it will show up. They say they have called the rail yard (I think) but no one answers.

Does Jeep really not have the ability to find the location of a vehicle that is that close to the dealer? UPS can track a five ounce, 10 mm socket to my house and Jeep can't tell me when the Jeep is going to show up or even confirm where it is?

Oh gosh, I hope you get your Jeep soon.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed

I was amazed during my Jeeps journey from Toledo to the rail yard for the dealer, which is in Salt Lake City (an 8-hour car carrier ride to the dealer) and it took 15-days by rail to make the journey.

I am amazed that the tracking is so limited especially once it leaves the production plant in Toledo. If I was Jeep I would want to be able to track my products to the final delivery point with extreme accuracy. I personally believe they have the ability to do this, but don’t want to make it available unless there is a critical need and not for Jeep Chat. It is called plausible deniability.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the reminder that there is more than our one Jeep! ;)

What I would like is to know where it is and when it will arrive. It was off loaded Monday morning and no more information and it is Friday. However, being able to have an idea of when it is moved again should not be difficult. The dealer has been unable to get ANY updates at the time I posted this. Did the Jeep get hit and damaged? Fall off the truck while loading? Should I postpone selling our other vehicle? The kind of things that a simple schedule and update would help me plan.

The dealer has finally (5:30 pm on Friday) called to tell me the yard/truckers, not clear which, were off since Wednesday at noon and would return Monday. He would attempt to either get it on a truck, or go pick it up at the rail yard, as Kyanche suggested.
So did they run down there this past weekend and get it on a truck or pick it up? Do you have it yet?

OP
OP

IslandJL

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
So did they run down there this past weekend and get it on a truck or pick it up? Do you have it yet?
At 9:30 Monday morning, they texted my wife a picture of it sitting on their lot. We went down at lunch and got it! She is very happy now.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
At 9:30 Monday morning, they texted my wife a picture of it sitting on their lot. We went down at lunch and got it! She is very happy now.
Awesome! :rock:
Sponsored