Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
This weekend I should have my Renegade LED tail lamps to replace my stock halogen fixtures

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YCV9P8Y/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_7S9M34E582E4JTYQVX1K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And I have already replaced my front DRL’s with these and so far they work perfect

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQWPKKX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_DKGR253V6CGP72MTQBEB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Here are the Beamtechs I went to awhile back

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_P2PPRCJ5TJZX3SNBDPFZ

The only thing left is the front halogen turns to replace so looking for suggestions that are canbus compliant that dont need resistors added in, I found these below but have not ordered yet so if anybody out there has swapped to LED turn bulbs without resistors what are you using

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0828YSH6R/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_FR0M623EHZ7XV6EWWRRX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well the Amazon truck stopped by and in about 15-20 mins I had the last leg of my LED project done and on a quick test no hyper flash so the bulbs linked above all work so far with no issues, the LED lamps are a bit longer but easily lock into the socket

Total investment of all the bulbs and rear lights was $375 not counting the CREE light bar that is not used for daily drives.

Jeep Wrangler JL Last LED Project 3C91A459-B474-4FF4-B3F1-A4EA6FBBF907

Jeep Wrangler JL Last LED Project D92A6536-E526-4B27-A4C9-BC59372F2F26

Here is the new LED on driver side

and here we are all lit up

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well have to report some bad news, the LED turns I installed yesterday gave me a hyper flash on the front passenger side.

Both signals work normally from the outside but the passenger front kicked out a bulb out error and hyper flashes so I pulled the bulb and rechecked even went in thru JSCAN and set to LED as it was not set before for testing and still gave the same error so had to pull both out and and go back to stock and will send back to Amazon, also had to clear the bulb out warning which I have never had to do when replacing a bulb, dam CANBUS crap….

I believe Oracle has some bulbs that may work that don’t need to have resistors added so I have reached out to them, I know adding resistors is not complicated but they do get hot and there is a lot of plastic behind that fender flare and I honestly don’t want to melt anything.

Sponsored

Bruc29

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Utility worker
Just curious wranglerman, why not change the fender lights to the factory led turn signals? You have a Sahara and the OEM leds would fit some good deals can be found here in the members section, for almost $400 you could have gotten the fender lights , fogs, and possibly aftermarket tails all led... just curious that’s all

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Nice clean designed front bumper. Who makes it?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious wranglerman, why not change the fender lights to the factory led turn signals? You have a Sahara and the OEM leds would fit some good deals can be found here in the members section, for almost $400 you could have gotten the fender lights , fogs, and possibly aftermarket tails all led... just curious that’s all
I have seen front fender LED lamps for $150 and up and tail lamps $250 and up, the reason I with the Winjet Renegades is I just love the look and function of sequential turn signals and they look so much better than the factory ones even the LED factory option

The front DRL bulbs cost was pretty cheap at $20 and work perfectly and the LED front turns were $25 so a total of less the $50 for LED fronts but the one bulb hyper flashed even though from the outside worked normal so I will continue to look for a cost effective way to do this but the rear lamps were more for looks as they give the Jeep not only a better look but visually it gets peoples attention that are on there phone

Nice clean designed front bumper. Who makes it?
ROAM makes the stubby bumper and RC sells the CREE light bar, got a SUPER GREAT DEAL form @TTEChris of Tank Customs here in Houston as he put in bumper, light bar and recessed winch.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Worth a try, don’t really need the DRL’s but could keep as spares I guess.
I didn't realize you didn't need the DRLs also. Too early in the morning. :)

If that is the case, then I recommend going with the Oracles. Definitely check with them on exactly what to order, because it seems like they have something backwards on the web site. The pic for the DRL bulb is amber and the pic for the turn signal is white (the colors listed seem correct when you click through to add to cart). Make sure you order 2 of what you need, as they come as single bulbs.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't realize you didn't need the DRLs also. Too early in the morning. :)

If that is the case, then I recommend going with the Oracles. Definitely check with them on exactly what to order, because it seems like they have something backwards on the web site. The pic for the DRL bulb is amber and the pic for the turn signal is white (the colors listed seem correct when you click through to add to cart). Make sure you order 2 of what you need, as they come as single bulbs.
Heard back from Oracle :( does not look promising so may opt to go with the link you provided just to try.

Jeep Wrangler JL Last LED Project 5E0BE42A-E182-463D-8877-A46C5D119859

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Heard back from Oracle :( does not look promising so may opt to go with the link you provided just to try.
very strange that they told you that. Why would they sell the bulb on their web site without even mentioning the need for a resistor?

Here's a chat I just had with their customer service:

Jeep Wrangler JL Last LED Project 1621442928963

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
very strange that they told you that. Why would they sell the bulb on their web site without even mentioning the need for a resistor?

Here's a chat I just had with their customer service:

1621442928963.png
Hmmm I wonder who’s correct, I would think their Tech Team should know what works and be consistent

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hmmm I wonder who’s correct, I would think their Tech Team should know what works and be consistent
It's crazy, right? At this point, you may be better off trying the Amazon bulbs I suggested earlier. Worst case scenario, the DRL bulb doesn't work and you can send them back for a refund. IDK what Oracle would do if you order theirs and they don't work. Can't seem to trust them at this point.
Sponsored