Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
My original 392 was a lemon. Probably took 2 months for a FCA/Stellantis “reacquisition manager” to call me but I did eventually get the call and he did try to negotiate a buy back price with me. Only problem (or blessing) was I paid in full but never drove it off the dealer lot so I wasn’t settling for anything less than 100% of my money back. Which I did eventually receive but to be honest you need your dealer involved as much as possible to fight for your cause with their regional representative. Please explain all the issues and process you have gone thru with dealer if possible.
I must have missed this story...how did you buy it and never drive it off the lot?

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I have not had a reliable Jeep since May 15th, 2021. I opened a case with customer care on June 28th, 2021. To this day, September 22nd, 2021, I have been able to speak with my case manager 3 times. I can get no answers to my questions and no response from anyone at Jeep.

@JeepCares
what are the issues? No details here.

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
I must have missed this story...how did you buy it and never drive it off the lot?
Paid in full day before pickup. They moved car off lift and outside to get another one in and check engine light went off. I refused to take delivery of the vehicle until they figured out the problem.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Paid in full day before pickup. They moved car off lift and outside to get another one in and check engine light went off. I refused to take delivery of the vehicle until they figured out the problem.
Why did you pay in full before you could test drive it?

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
with the horror stories, I'm reading here and on other JL forums, I really have to go over my Jeep with a fine-tooth comb at the dealership to make sure everything is in place before I sign and take delivery. Maybe I should ask them if they checked the fuses and steering bolts for proper assembly! lol

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course I test drove it before paying in full. Check engine light did not come at that point. Not really understating the debate as I was fully refunded. Sent wire transfer day before pick up.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was wrong with it?
They replaced 02 sensor, then power control module, then cylinder head. Latest is dealer is waiting on an entire new engine. I am out of the deal free and clear and am awaiting 392 XR to be shipped.
Sponsored