Last Jeep I will ever own.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
I don’t know about “most“ states. The OP is in Colorado. Colorado, I believe, has a lemon law that is for 1 year from the date that a a NEW vehicle (purchased as new), is placed in service. For folks to always and immediately jump to “lemon laws” as their advice is just inappropriate and potentially wrong. For cases like these the best advice that can be given is: “you should speak with an attorney about the facts of your case.”

in this case, the OP did not spell out if he purchased it as new nor if he did so within the last year.
The LL applies if the defect in question occurred within the LL "window", whether it's one year, 18 months, etc. That is, if a defect occurs in that effective time period, is not fixed and re-occurs beyond the "window" LL still applies, as does the 30 day aggregate down time. Anything that affects the use, safety or value of a new vehicle applies under Lemon Law in all States.

It is hardly bad advice to suggest a citizen seek redress of breach of warranty under the laws of their State or Federal law.
Sponsored