Sponsored

Last Jeep I will ever own.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
They replaced 02 sensor, then power control module, then cylinder head. Latest is dealer is waiting on an entire new engine. I am out of the deal free and clear and am awaiting 392 XR to be shipped.
glad it worked out, thats wild.
Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
I’m lost.….
Chance_P starts the thread saying he’s never buying Jeep again andit looks like the reply to replies came from others.

A Christmas tree dash is easy, replace the battery.

No need to scream “lemon”, just change the #$&*! battery like many of us have. Mine did the same thing, it really isn’t an emotionally draining deal that requires lawyers, tons of email and extended downtime…..(sigh)

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I’m lost.….
Chance_P starts the thread saying he’s never buying Jeep again andit looks like the reply to replies came from others.

A Christmas tree dash is easy, replace the battery.

No need to scream “lemon”, just change the #$&*! battery like many of us have. Mine did the same thing, it really isn’t an emotionally draining deal that requires lawyers, tons of email and extended downtime…..(sigh)
OP owns a JT. Those were produced starting in the Spring of 2019. Where is the factory warranty? Something isnt adding up here.

Woodturner

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I couldnt do that in good conscience. Plus, no one would want it with the dash lit up like a christmas tree.
I had a similar problem with a 2018 JL...took it to two different dealers, under warranty and finally the second dealer fixed the problem. Not sure exactly what they did to repair the issue, but it sounded like they flashed the computer. They also found a wire under the passenger seat that wasn't fully plugged in and said it can cause the problem. My specific problem was the screen scrolled and warning lights came on and off. Hope this helps some...very frustrating!

Ice killer

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl wrangler rubicon ecodiesel
If you can't state the details, I call BS!

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
empathy

noun

1. the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
Nobody cares so move along

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
It is easy to understand why FCA has continued to ignore its customers. They are so loyal.

They will defend defective products and bad service to the end. They will attack anyone who dares to say that issues exist.

Interesting...

Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
It is easy to understand why FCA has continued to ignore its customers. They are so loyal.

They will defend defective products and bad service to the end. They will attack anyone who dares to say that issues exist.

Interesting...
Questioning ambiguous statements is not defending FCA. It is trying determine if the OP truly has an issue or is trolling.

For example: It’s kind of like a person who says they own of a Suzuki trolling in a Jeep forum making passive aggressive statements hoping for a rise.….

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service

Interesting...
This is far from the truth. The problem is the lack of specificity, the lack of intent to solve a problem. This is not your mother’s Facebook page.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I have seen this several times.

Someone has a bad unit and complains about it.

The standard response is "Mine works properly so what you are saying can't be true" Also popular is "You should drive a Prius". This is a new one "You are being paid by Ford"

Oh please...

Look. All manufacturer's deliver bad units. What recourse does the purchaser have when this happens? Is their only option to hire a lawyer?

BTW... I am not the type to be intimidated. That approach is just a waste of time. Hopefully we can have an intelligent conversation.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
And, how long has it been since the NEW vehicle was placed in service? Because if it’s longer than a year, I don’t think lemon laws apply In CO. But there could be some kind of tolling. I don’t know.

the OP has not provided the details needed: (did he purchase the car as “new” and was it placed in service less than a year ago?). he Should speak to an attorney, now.
In most States the lemon law window is 18 months. If the vehicles is out of service for more than 30 days or has had repeated repairs for the same issue 3 - 4 times within the 18 month window it qualifies for reimbursement or replacement. Chrysler participates in the Better Business Bureau arbitration program, which means you have to submit the case to the BBB for arbitration before you can sue. BBB boards are local and can usually be counted on to be impartial. If the manufacturer fails to appear for the arbitration the owner wins.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
In most States the lemon law window is 18 months. If the vehicles is out of service for more than 30 days or has had repeated repairs for the same issue 3 - 4 times within the 18 month window it qualifies for reimbursement or replacement. Chrysler participates in the Better Business Bureau arbitration program, which means you have to submit the case to the BBB for arbitration before you can sue. BBB boards are local and can usually be counted on to be impartial. If the manufacturer fails to appear for the arbitration the owner wins.
I don’t know about “most“ states. The OP is in Colorado. Colorado, I believe, has a lemon law that is for 1 year from the date that a a NEW vehicle (purchased as new), is placed in service. For folks to always and immediately jump to “lemon laws” as their advice is just inappropriate and potentially wrong. For cases like these the best advice that can be given is: “you should speak with an attorney about the facts of your case.”

in this case, the OP did not spell out if he purchased it as new nor if he did so within the last year.
Sponsored