2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

musicforme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X v6, Auto, Step-Assist Rock Rails
I was stateside during the ordering process. I did tell them I was getting ready to deploy. I told him I was going to wait until around January to place an order and he was like order now and it might be in before you deploy (this was around the 24th of July). Knew it wouldn't arrive in time but wasn't too concerned at the time because it was a refundable deposit.

Sent him a text the day before we were supposed to leave, reiterated I would be away for six months and was going to do a trade in. He stated he would look into it as it got closer and also stated it would be mine until I stated otherwise.

For now it is still at the dealership, so I have that going for me. For whatever reason he is having his finance guys text me my time tomorrow afternoon. Not really sure what they're looking to accomplish there.
If you haven't escalated to a Manager of some sort at the dealership, I would start doing that now. I'd hate to get the reputation that I made a commitment to someone and then backed out of it when they were deployed overseas. I'd be polite, but firm in your explanation of the situation and ask for their help.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

What panic?
The same panic that happens every time overtime dries up, interest rates are high, cutbacks happen, etc.

It’s not like we haven’t seen this before. All the folks who overextended themselves and are running the ragged edge of income to debt will dump their ATV’s, jet skis, RV’s, etc. Good time to buy.

Ironjaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
As much as I was looking forward to getting and driving my new Reign diesel Rubicon it is looking like the dealership I ordered it from is going to back out on their word of holding it for me until I return from overseas next March. Not ready to throw them under the bus yet, they may just make it right but it appears to me with it being in their lot for only three days they want it gone.

I did a very quick Google search and it appears that they MAY stop making the diesels by the first of the year. Anyone know if this is concrete? How often do the preferred dealerships i.e. Gupton and the others check out the forum?
I can see not waiting to hold it until next March, there is a capital cost tied up with the jeep sitting there for 5 months. Unfortunately it sounds like you are not able to pay for it and leave it there until you can pick it up with need to trade in your gladiator. No one you know that can bring the gladiator over to them before you get back in the states?

With the way things are going I would not trust the diesel to be available much longer. I know the rumors are it is done at the end of the year, but I'm sure there is a target number and once they hit that ordering will be gone.

Either way I wish you good luck.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Depending on the agreed upon deal and their acknowledgement of you deploying, make sure to leave a wonderful review of how anti-military this dealer is. They're very quick to take our money, but just as quick to drop support when it might burden them. I stress that depending part, don't flame them without valid proof.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Depending on the agreed upon deal and their acknowledgement of you deploying, make sure to leave a wonderful review of how anti-military this dealer is. They're very quick to take our money, but just as quick to drop support when it might burden them. I stress that depending part, don't flame them without valid proof.
If it comes to it that is definitely the plan. Luckily it is all in the texts I have. I'm giving them time to keep their word before I name drop them.

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Well it has happened. They sold it. Now I'm just waiting for them to actually address me and give me my deposit back. I have nothing but time for the next few months. Don't do business with Nyle Maxwell in Taylor.

Santana74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler Sahara Altitude 3.0l, 18 Jaguar F-Pace
Hate to hear they sold it. Most of all....Thank you for your service.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
There is not a dealer on this planet that will hold a car for three months. Most dealers don’t want them sitting for more than 10 days.

OP
OP
BrentMG

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
There is not a dealer on this planet that will hold a car for three months. Most dealers don’t want them sitting for more than 10 days.
They knew the situation beforehand. If they were unwilling to do it they should have stated as such. Furthermore, they shouldn't make promises they can't or are unwilling to keep. They also didn't state they would place it for sale. It is probably safe to assume they thought I was unaware it was for sale or even sold.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

It no longer shows on Jeep site, but then it is one of the worse websites of any manufacture.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Were you offering to cover their carrying costs until the end of March? Their floor plan interest would be over $1,000.
This. If it’s going to cost them money to hold it, it will be gone. On the other hand, if you are willing to eat their floorplaiing costs you might still be good to go. By the by, Thank You for your service!
Sponsored