Sponsored

Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2022 Switch Panel Bank - Best Jeep OEM Switch Design Ever!

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I have a 2023 Willys Extreme Recon. I’d like to have an extra bank of 4 aux switches on that left side, but would want them to look just like the black ones on the right side to keep a consistent look. I hate to say it, but I wouldn’t be a buyer with the red switches. Too much of a “clash” in an otherwise all black/gray interior.
Thank you so much for letting us know your thoughts. I will report it to our product manager and will let you know if we have the plan to make black switches for the left side.
Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Installed the Lasfit auxiliary switch panel kit.

I was surprised that when I removed the dash panel where the switch pod goes I found OEM switch pod plug attached by a clip behind it. I got all excited that perhaps there was a way to install the OEM switched after all. Of course when I checked the fuse box I had none of the relays or fuses needed for the switches. I could find where the plug's wires would be in the engine bay, but you'd think there would be a way of adding the relays, fuses and wiring without having to buy the aftermarket harness @ $300 plus.

Once done I installed a pair of KC Apollo's and everything works !!

IMG-1549.JPG

IMG-1547.JPG
This extra plug surprise happened to me as well! (2021 JLU Sahara). At first, I was very confused trying to decide where this plug came from. I was vexed looking for a plug receptacle before somewhat vaguely remembering your post. In the end, shoved everything in and hoped for the best. It looks good and will hopefully be testing it out with some lights next week.
Has anyone else discovered this extra plug just sitting there?

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Sure. Below is a pic of the grommet installed as per the installation instructions on your website. You can see where I circled in blue the fit leaves small openings in the firewall. The red circle is there to show the circumference of the original OEM plug that it is replacing. It's hard to imagine that a QC unit would not have spotted this during test installations before marketing the product. It seems like an easy enough fix to me but we'll see how Lasfit handles this issue.

IMG-1566.JPG
Based on some other YouTube videos, it was recommended to reverse the grommet and have the "cone" going into the firewall facing the inner cabin. I tried this and so far it fits well!

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Based on some other YouTube videos, it was recommended to reverse the grommet and have the "cone" going into the firewall facing the inner cabin. I tried this and so far it fits well!
Thanks, I'll try reversing the grommet to see how it fits and hope it provides a better sense of sealing the inside from the outside. Lasfit should work on providing a better fitting grommet to securely seal the firewall. I'm still very happy with the overall install and performance of the kit.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Thanks, I'll try reversing the grommet to see how it fits and hope it provides a better sense of sealing the inside from the outside. Lasfit should work on providing a better fitting grommet to securely seal the firewall. I'm still very happy with the overall install and performance of the kit.
Btw, after removal of the bottom panel, did you have an extra plug just sitting there (on a wire)? It would look like the OEM AUX plug.

EDIT- just reread your OG post and saw that you did as well. I spent 30 minutes looking to where that plug was supposed to go! Finally realized it was an extra. I hope!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Installed the Lasfit auxiliary switch panel kit. First thing I did was replace the 30A fuses to aux I & aux II to 20A fuses. Aux one is for KC 6" Apollo's @ 100watts each. Felt better with a fuse closer to the wiring included with lights. Install was fairly straight forward, no mechanic needed. A few comments though:
What type of fuses did you use, ATC or ATM (regular or mini)? Any brand that you can recommend (pics if possible)? I will be doing the same as some of the lights I will be adding do not have a harness rated above 25Amps. Also, did you figure out what order the fuses are in relation to the buttons? Thanks in adance!

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
What type of fuses did you use, ATC or ATM (regular or mini)? Any brand that you can recommend (pics if possible)? I will be doing the same as some of the lights I will be adding do not have a harness rated above 25Amps. Also, did you figure out what order the fuses are in relation to the buttons? Thanks in adance!
I used 20A Bussman brand ATM fuses from AutoZone. Inside the fuse box is just a loose fuse bar with the hot lead wires attached. I gently lifted fuse bar from box and followed the color coded lead wires marked Aux 1 thru 4 to their appropriate fuse. Because the fuse bar is loose fitted in fuse box I wouldn't assume all fuse wiring is the same from one to another. Did not take pic of inside fuse box but here is pic of ATM fuse I used. 30A green is the original fuse and yellow is 20A replacement.

IMG-1669.jpg

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

I used 20A Bussman brand ATM fuses from AutoZone. Inside the fuse box is just a loose fuse bar with the hot lead wires attached. I gently lifted fuse bar from box and followed the color coded lead wires marked Aux 1 thru 4 to their appropriate fuse. Because the fuse bar is loose fitted in fuse box I wouldn't assume all fuse wiring is the same from one to another. Did not take pic of inside fuse box but here is pic of ATM fuse I used. 30A green is the original fuse and yellow is 20A replacement.

IMG-1669.jpg
Thanks for the info! Will take care of this today or tomorrow.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info! Will take care of this today or tomorrow.
I was under the hood today and noticed a crack in the Lasfit fuse box where it secures to the mounting plate. Will need to replace box with something else....ugh. While I had it off I opened the box and took a couple of pics. Looks like the 1st and 2nd switch fuses on mine are in the 3rd and 4th slots from the top. I'm identifying the top with red arrow. Hope this helps.

IMG-1673.jpg

IMG-1671.jpg

IMG-1672.jpg

Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

I was under the hood today and noticed a crack in the Lasfit fuse box where it secures to the mounting plate. Will need to replace box with something else....ugh. While I had it off I opened the box and took a couple of pics. Looks like the 1st and 2nd switch fuses on mine are in the 3rd and 4th slots from the top. I'm identifying the top with red arrow. Hope this helps.

IMG-1673.jpg

IMG-1671.jpg

IMG-1672.jpg
Yes, this definitely helps! Bummer about the case. Is this something that might fall under a warranty?

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)