Sponsored

Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep!

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
@Ratbert

Allowing the front camera to function normally after the installation of the lock is one of the most important features of our hood lock. Therefore, the front camera still works after installing the hood lock.

You will need to unplug the Tazer during the installation of the hood lock. After plugin the pass-through from the hood lock, you can plug the tazer back into the OBD port. Our hood lock doesn't send or receive commands through the OBD port, therefore it won't affect the functions of the Tazer.
to OBD on Jeep.png
Just to touch in this, the tazer does not connect to the OBD port
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@Ratbert

Allowing the front camera to function normally after the installation of the lock is one of the most important features of our hood lock. Therefore, the front camera still works after installing the hood lock.

You will need to unplug the Tazer during the installation of the hood lock. After plugin the pass-through from the hood lock, you can plug the tazer back into the OBD port. Our hood lock doesn't send or receive commands through the OBD port, therefore it won't affect the functions of the Tazer.
to OBD on Jeep.png
I believe that the original Tazer JL connected through the OBD port, but they quickly replaced that with the Mini that doesn't. I get the impression that the vast majority of Tazer JLs are the newer Mini, but I obviously could be mistaken.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hello, we're a little confused about what you said. Do you want to put the manual cable under the hood?
I am referring to your "Version 2" that has a manual unlocking cable in the cab, for when there is no power.
A Cable- Operated Release version, non powered, that you pull to release from the cab

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I am referring to your "Version 2" that has a manual unlocking cable in the cab, for when there is no power.
A Cable- Operated Release version, non powered, that you pull to release from the cab
Correct, our version 2 has a manual unlocking cable in the cab, for when there is no power. This is also the key part that we have upgraded and you don't have to worry about being both stranded and unable to get under your hood. Thanks for mentioning that! Can I know if you have any more suggestions or questions for our hood lock?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
What I am hoping you will make is the MANUAL CABLE RELEASE HOOD LOCK ONLY FOR NON- POWER LOCKS/ WINDOWS JL/JT.
No electronics needed

Reactions: GtX

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Love the idea of this, anyone install this and have reviews? Would some feedback on it before spending the $$

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
Love the idea of this, anyone install this and have reviews? Would some feedback on it before spending the $$
I installed this hood lock (version 1) six months ago and haven’t had any issues. Gives me a sense of security knowing that device automatically locks my hood when the Jeep is off.
Video install.

EcoRubicon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Mike, I saw you sending message back and forth with someone who apparently is impersonating me. I'm not selling a winch. I reported the convo to the JLWrangler site admins.
I'm just a normal guy with grandkids and an unmodified jeep.
Were you also trying to sell LP6 lights? That thread has been deleted as well and "you" aren't responding to the PM's I sent to this account after requesting a Zelle payment from me. Very concerning stuff.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I just recently did the install. It does work as stated. Everything pretty much goes as shown in the instructions and video. Well thought out with the cable release. Make sure you do step 8 (communications) any time you disconnect power from the lock To have it operate properly. Also, I just removed the grill enough to do the install without disconnecting the camera and washer.

Sponsored

FireAnt21

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited North Edition
Occupation
Lineman
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, our version 2 has a manual unlocking cable in the cab, for when there is no power. This is also the key part that we have upgraded and you don't have to worry about being both stranded and unable to get under your hood. Thanks for mentioning that! Can I know if you have any more suggestions or questions for our hood lock?
if the odb port only supplies power is there a way to hardwire this. I already own one and I do like that I don’t have to have extra hood keys.

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
📢 Hello everyone!
The 2023 Lasfit Group Buy event is currently in progress! Exclusive products for Wrangler will be offered with the biggest discounts here. If you want to enjoy the best prices right now, take action quickly! Click to learn more about the group buy details!
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/🔥supercharge-your-ride-with-unbeatable-deals-dont-miss-lasfit-group-buying-for-jl.119202/
Just a manual cable lock, I do not want an electric version.
Sponsored