Sponsored

Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep!

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

How to improve jeep security is not only a common concern for all Jeep owners for a long time, but Lasfit also hopes to offer some help. It is a common finding that many Jeep owners are looking for some advice on the theft problem, but always can't get the perfect solutions, especially on the jeep hood lock.

If you are looking for a more cost-effective yet functional Jeep anti-theft hood lock designed specifically for deters thieves from walking away with valuable underhood parts such as batteries, intakes, superchargers, etc, then this modest stealth Lasfit automatic hood lock works extremely well! Because it requires neither cutting OEM parts nor additional keys, the most important is the system used the OEM key was compatible with the Jeep's OEM Trail Cam.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep! PHOTO1

Some main features of our hood lock system that you might be interested in:

1. ANTI-THEFT HOOD LOCK - KEEP YOUR JEEP UNDER-HOOD INVESTMENTS SAFER.
The Lasfit stealth automatic anti-theft hood lock is installed in place of the safety hook. When locked, the hood lock will not pop out even if the locks on both sides are open. Also, fingers cannot reach in and flick the safety catch for locking.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep! PHOTO2

2. SPECIAL STEALTH DESIGN - DO NOT AFFECT THE FRONT TRAIL CAMERA.
We are the first and only one in the market with this design. Our hood lock can be installed on Jeep WITH the front camera. Besides, you can make any build on the front grille as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep! PHOTO3

3. AUTOMATIOC CAN-BUS CONTROL - USE FACTORY KEY FOB TO LOCK/UNLOCK.
Our hood lock system is 100% automatic (CAN-BUS control). Once installed, locking with the key fob automatically locks the hood. You can then unlock the hood by pressing the unlock button on the key fob. Really can't get simpler than that!
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep! automatic canbus control

4. MANUAL RELEASE HANDLE - EMERGENCY OPENING OPTIONS.
While our version 1.0 hood lock system has always had a manual unlock switch, most folks' biggest concern with version 1.0 was that most emergency unlocking solutions required power. With version 2, there is now added an extra cable in the cab can be pulled to manually release in the event of no vehicle power. This means now you don't have to worry about being both stranded and unable to get under your hood.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep! PHOTO4

The package will come with a full kit that includes everything you needed for installation.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep! PHOTO5

Click HERE and read more about Shopping guides, reviews from other customers, and Q&A.
Feel free to ask us any questions about our hood lock by leaving a message below or PM us!
Sponsored

Last edited:

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
I just did a light review of this system on the gladiator sister site:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...nti-theft-hood-lock-system-version-2-0.64545/

Pretty happy with it. The best thing I can say about it is that it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I lock the jeep when I walk away and the hoods locked, I unlock the jeep when I get to it and it unlocks. No muss, no fuss. No extra keys to worry about like latch locks, and works with the trail cam (unlike the bolt lock).

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I just did a light review of this system on the gladiator sister site:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...nti-theft-hood-lock-system-version-2-0.64545/

Pretty happy with it. The best thing I can say about it is that it does exactly what it is supposed to do. I lock the jeep when I walk away and the hoods locked, I unlock the jeep when I get to it and it unlocks. No muss, no fuss. No extra keys to worry about like latch locks, and works with the trail cam (unlike the bolt lock).
Thank you soooo much for your time to review Lasfit hood lock. Looking forward to your more updates in the future. :)

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Sponsored

Tsoukan

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
@Lasfit Quick question about the hood lock. The instructions say only compatible with automatic transmissions. If one could get the air lines through the firewall some other way (aka not through the hole where the clutch would have been) would it work with a manual transmission? Or is there something in the canbus signals that is different?

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

@Lasfit Quick question about the hood lock. The instructions say only compatible with automatic transmissions. If one could get the air lines through the firewall some other way (aka not through the hole where the clutch would have been) would it work with a manual transmission? Or is there something in the canbus signals that is different?
Yes, the hood lock works with a manual transmission if you have some methods to safely pass wires through the firewall . Generally, we do not recommend applying our system to manual transmissions in case of any potential risks caused by improper operation.

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have had my Amp steps connected to the OBD plug yesterday. Can I get a dummy female OBD with just the power wire connected to a 12v source and use that for powering the hood lock? I really do not want to get a splitter and load up the factory port. Hate that the AMP steps use that port already.

Mike_Hawk

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GOBI JLUR 3.6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Clubs

Thank you soooo much for your time to review Lasfit hood lock. Looking forward to your more updates in the future. :)
Quick questions about your locking solution, does the front camera still work after installing the hood lock, also can this be made to work with a Tazer JL Mini?

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Quick questions about your locking solution, does the front camera still work after installing the hood lock, also can this be made to work with a Tazer JL Mini?
Unlike some other locks this one isn't installed in the area of the front camera.

Why would this need to work with a Tazer?

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
No issues with the front camera (one of the reasons I decided on this one actually). I also have a Tazer mini and haven't had any issues with it.

Why would this need to work with a Tazer?
I still wanted the features of Tazer as well as this hood lock system. Since it connects to the OBDII port (different location than Tazer) but communicates with the canbus I had some hesitations about it conflicting but fortunately no issues so far.

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

@Ratbert

Allowing the front camera to function normally after the installation of the lock is one of the most important features of our hood lock. Therefore, the front camera still works after installing the hood lock.

You will need to unplug the Tazer during the installation of the hood lock. After plugin the pass-through from the hood lock, you can plug the tazer back into the OBD port. Our hood lock doesn't send or receive commands through the OBD port, therefore it won't affect the functions of the Tazer.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit Wrangler JL 2018-2023 Automatic Stealth Hood Lock - Add Extra Security To Your Jeep! to OBD on Jee

OP
OP
Lasfit

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Will you PLEASE make the inside hood release a plain manual release cable, with a simple locking plate
Hello, we're a little confused about what you said. Do you want to put the manual cable under the hood?
Sponsored