SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

You're correct. Both light wires are ran towards the battery/passenger side using zip ties on the bull bar. Once clear of the fairlead/winch they drop out and run along the frame with the main winch battery/ground cables. Then I used a long zip tie to fish the wires through to the top of the engine bay. Just make sure everything is routed away from heat/fans and secured with zip ties.
Thanks!
Sponsored

jal

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spectra3dstore.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
3D printing service
I posted in the "What did you do to your jeep" thread this week and go several questions so figured I'd make a dedicate post.

I was able to get the kit installed last week and I must say for the most part I'm impressed with the kit. The box itself came with everything needed, minus the tools, to get the kit installed.

Box Unopened.JPG

Box.JPG

I had the Voswitch JL300 kit installed in our Gladiator which I removed when I traded it a few months ago but wanted a more factory look. My reasoning for the Lasfit was the factory style it gave. Obviously going with this kit verse the Voswitch kit you lose 2 buttons. This could be a deciding factory for some however at this point it was not for me. Lasfit does offer a left side kit with four more buttons however I do not like the locker buttons or at least not having the option to order a kit with A-D on the left side.

Installed.JPG

The kit I was offered came with the left side cubby with microphone port. While I'm not currently utilizing this feature I plan to add a Midland MTX275 in the near future. Having this option is great to me as I can install the radio elsewhere and only plug up the control head/microphone as needed. I feel for the weekend offroader this is a great option to keep everything out of the way until needed.

Battery.JPG

Wiring.JPG

The control brains mount on a provided mount on the passenger side of the engine compartment near the battery. The wiring, based on what I've seen from others, is very similar to the factory kit. 4 marked/color coded leads provide your 40amp/12volt hook ups. Inside the cab, your given another set of wires which for me ended up being just under the driver side bottom door trim. This was not an option for the JL300 as everything had to be routed back to the control box which mounted in the engine compartment. Personally having two sets of power leads allowed me to hook up our rear back up lights and our rear rock lights without running separate wires to the engine compartment. For our rock lights this proved to be great since I could run the rear rock lights to the cab wiring harness and the front rock lights to the engine compartment harness.

Overall for someone looking for a factory look but not having to deal with the factory installation I think this is a great kit to consider. My biggest complaint is the buttons feel a little lite in the plastic. They don't feel as firm when pressed as the factory kits. Additionally I've noticed when you press the button again to cut it off sometimes you have to put a little more force behind it then when you cut it on OR you have to press it more than once to cut it off. I contribute this to the plastic buttons not being as stout as they probably should be. Both kits I've pros and cons of each, in the end I feel the deciding factor will be the number of switches required and the need/want of the factory look. You also have no control over Switch or Momentary, this was not a factor in my installation but could be for others.

Disclaimer: LASFIT did offer the product to me at a great discount to see what my thoughts were. I do not owe them a positve review and can say everything posted is my honest opinion. Both kits are good options for anyone with factory aux switches. At the end of the day it will depend on a few deciding factors for the users.
Did you wire your winch cutoff to the lasfit switch?