Sponsored

LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Hello Fellow Jeepers!

I am providing what I think may be an extremely useful review and comparison of AUX buttons for our beloved JL Wrangler (yes JT owners can use this review too!) I like all of you, love modding my Jeep and the more oem my mods can look, the better which brings me here today. We are comparing the Voswitch JL300 and the LasFit Black button Aux kit. I am not reviewing the left side red locker portion as I have a rubicon and don't want to mess with my OEM lockers. Let the fun begin!

Vehicle:
2022 JLUR 3.6 E-torque with no aux buttons!

Disclosures:
I was selected to participate by Lasfit to provide a review/comparison in exchange for their free product. However, I have made no promises or exchanges for any favorable reviews. This is a 100% unbiased review and there is no penalty to me or anyone else if this doesn't result in a favorable review for either party. The Voswitch JL 300 was purchased by me. I trust that Lasfit will utilize these reviews for their benefit and make product changes that make sense, but full disclosure, what may be a negative aspect for me, can easily be a positive aspect for someone else. So let's begin.

Price:
Voswitch JL300 - $239
Lasfit - $269
https://www.lasfit.com/products/jee...um&utm_medium=UGC-JL&utm_campaign=Jeep+Switch

Features:
Voswitch JL 300 - Strobe/flash/momentary functions; customizable buttons; 6 AUX buttons; no programming needed.
Lasfit - OEM look; multiple mounting options; large buttons; No programming needed.

Packaging:
Voswitch comes in a generic box, everything was organized, installation manual inside the box with clear instructions, nothing really notable.

Lasfit comes in really nice packaging, pretty organized but there were some loose zip ties, a rubber firewall grommet and the metal mounting hardware sitting loose in the box. mine came undamaged so not a big deal, but i can foresee rough handling by the shipping service making a difference here for some folks, especially if the brackets bang against each other in the box. Also, there is absolutely no installation manual provided, not even a QR code, but there is an easy link on their website, alongside a few Youtube videos that appear easy to follow.

0906108A-BF15-4D81-B927-C18B81368F21.jpeg

8046376D-6BF9-48FE-9D3C-B65A9A97C003.jpeg

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison F06AA7DD-9991-4912-BD7C-DF59FBB17BEF

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 37B19FD6-574D-4001-BB07-282F8E3DC39F

Initial impressions:
Voswitch quality is great, i noticed right off the bat that the terminals are screw down terminals that require your device wires to connect to their mail counterparts. While I found it's not 100% necessary, you can simply stick a wire under the terminal and screw it down. Lots of custom icon stickers to customize your buttons, however I am using mine to add heated seats to all 4 corners and needed to order more stickers to meet my needs as there wasn't enough. But then again, most people don't add heated seats to the rear seats, let alone put the controls up front where the rear passengers can't turn them on themselves. The buttons have a click feel and don't really match any other buttons in the jeep, they're fine, but make an annoying click sound when pressed, and don't feel like high quality when pressed. installation appears simple enough. The relay box is high quality but there is a giant voswitch logo on top that screams cheap aftermarket which I painted with flat black.

Lasfit quality seems just as great if not better with a few minor concerns. The wires appear nice and high quality to the touch, not flimsy whatsoever, and wrapped in a nice cotton (or whatever it is) layer. The relay box is very very nice, and I immediately noticed you don't need to mess with it. it is water tight, inconspicuous( no Large noticeable cheap looking logos), solid construction, and small! smaller than the Voswitch relay box. I'm guessing it's because it has 2 less relays than the Voswitch. I did notice the AUX terminals are just 4 wires that you connect to with no hardware to connect them with. I can only guess we're supposed to just twist our wires together, maybe solder them, or purchase our own male and female connectors and connect that way which is what I'll be doing. Cool enough there are a total of 8 leads (2 per aux button) with one set that stays in the engine compartment, and the other set that goes inside the cabin in case you want to power accessories inside. this is awesome that the voswitch does not address at all! As for the buttons themselves, the quality seems great, the silver trim is actually plastic but seems to match very closely to the oem metal trim on the rubicon buttons. The buttons themselves match closer to the oem buttons but seem like they depress a little too much or the spring in them is a bit too soft. I feel like a more positive engagement and spring back could be beneficial here. The text on the buttons leave a lot to be desired but we supposedly know that going in. The roman numerals are a bit odd, the font seems slightly off, and I think I would have preferred button 1 and 2 next to each other rather than on top and bottom of each other but the mopar switches are arranged the same way. They are obviously not customizable. Read my future plans for these buttons at the bottom of this review. I feel like this is where Voswitch has the advantage but i can't imagine an economical way of having these buttons and having them customizable without Lasfit stocking many different kinds and having their customers order buttons when they purchase their kit for what they will use it for.

Install:
Voswitch took about an hour. The hardest part was drilling a hole through the firewall plastic cover which needs to be done for both aux switch banks and i needed to do for other mods in my jeep anyways. The manual calls for installing on the drive side. That's where I installed mine. I do however also have a Voswitch JL 400 grab handle aux bank which was supposed to be mounted on the passenger side (or can be mounted on the driver side) but i have a Rugged Ridge snorkel that utilizes the area on top of the battery on the passenger side, so that Voswitch is stuffed sideways next to the battery. I think I plan on moving that to the driver side, if I end up keeping the Lasfit which can be mounted somewhere entirely different and doesn't interfere with the snorkel kit. Installation was fairly easy, one wire to connect to the switch bank, all the other wires are run through the engine compartment and to the battery and fuse box. I notice there are separate options to have the aux bank to run when the vehicle is on only or anytime, which require an included fuse tap and a low voltage shut off. Taking apart the dash was the easy part, unscrewing the right side bin was the hard part as those screws were on a bit tight but the Voswitch went on easy. Placing stickers on the buttons is fairly easy if you don't have shaky hands. At 32 years old I still couldn't get them perfectly straight. When the Voswitch is powered on, the lights are bright white that bleed through the edges of the stickers which is kind of annoying and are always illuminated including the power button which is also kind of annoying. I am only using 4 out of the 6 buttons and put blank stickers on the two center buttons but the light bled through so badly that I needed to put a second layer of blank stickers over the first and now no light bleeds through. Thank goodness I bought an extra sheet of stickers!. I'm considering cutting another blank sticker to put over the annoying power button but it will look funny since it's not recessed. Overall, it's great that we can put custom stickers, but not the best quality.

Lasfit seems a bit more work to install but it really wasn’t. The installation manual online is probably the most clear manual I have ever seen! Great photos, in color, and super simple to follow! The install location is 100x better, allows me to move my grab handle Voswitch to the driver side and free up my rugged ridge snorkel (which I currently have to remove every time I need access to it) but was pretty simple. Since I don't need to access the relay box anymore, I can install this next to the battery and forget it for good. This is a huge benefit for me since I have that snorkel. Also took about an hour to install. Their method is to wire to the battery but connect to the dash buttons to tell it when to turn on and off. It also has automatic backlit lights that turn on when your headlights are on! This has some pros and cons as it appears you cannot power your aux buttons/devices while the jeep is off, and even though the backlights get power in remote start mode, pressing them still won’t turn them on, the vehicle needs to be started for the buttons to wirk. I do love that you don't have to access the relay box to connect your aux devices unlike the Voswitch which is a pain everytime to undo the waterproof grommet. There are alot more wires to connect inside the vehicle, it was a tight fight behind the dash controls, I feel like this could've been simplified but it's not a big deal, it was still pretty simple! The leads on the inside of the jeep is extremely great for me since they will be powering seat heaters inside the cabin. I love this! Once installed, it truly looks OEM, minus the button font but I plan on fixing that (See below plans). When the button is on, it shines an amber light, and stays on until the button is pressed again. This is perfect for me but others may have a need for momentary or strobe, etc. Overall, I like the fit and finish and feel of the lasfit better than the Voswitch. A couple of things I don’t like is the backlighting doesn’t quite match as it’s a bit of a warmer color than the rest of the buttons. Also, there’s no memory, so the buttons turn off when the car is off and when you start the car again, the buttons are in off mode. I’d love to have them saved on the on position for my heated seats when turn on the remote start in the mornings.

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 7545C95E-B444-45B2-8EAD-6192F4C8B9AA

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 662CADA7-1EE8-48FC-9FA2-DE571295FBB1

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 5069406B-84CF-4482-8FD5-3BA074D291A8

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison C02722E5-7B37-4828-8860-29991C519CCC

Future plans:
I have ordered a couple of different paints to see if i can match the red used by jeep. I plan on painting the Lasfit button rubicon red or "Redicon" then taking them to a laser engraver and having them engrave seat heater icons on them. If i can do this successfully, it is a no brainer that i will be keeping the Lasfit on my rig and putting the voswitch up for sale. If for some reason I fail in that plan, either I can't get the paint to match, or the laser engraving is unsuccessful, I think overall I will be keeping the voswitch. However, I have a friend who does cerakote professionally, and i think he can match the rubicon red and because it's just paint and surface engraving, we can do unlimited attempts so I am optimistic that i will be keeping the Lasfit on my rig permanently. I can also easily paint them black and have them surfaced engraved to the icons I want, but I really want matching red buttons.

Painted them swapped the metal bezel part from the oem Aux buttons so it matches a little better. Next to the laser engraver to get my custom seat heater icons put on them. It’s not a 100% perfect match to the red but I’d say about 96-98% matches

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 4A467D80-D5F1-4838-8695-F8031897580C

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 3DA5AF55-A634-4B13-8AA4-1F42CEE6C5D4

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison FA3DCC6A-56A3-4B0E-875F-EA2FB48AF307

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 8640A904-FF10-4D69-9C6D-0D0AC33E4652

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 217977D1-2771-44F0-84C8-27F8C7115402

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison 0504137C-4868-48F1-B1FE-BF4FA4665463

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison F728B017-2EEF-451A-9E41-5CCF8832ED64

Overall comparison:
both units offer advantages and disadvantages depending on what your priorities are. If you are going for an oem look, Lasfit wins by a landslide, if you are looking for customization (different modes and button stickers) Voswitch is what you want. If you're not afraid to tinker, you can easily get the Lasfit to have the custom buttons you want. To say one is better than the other is tough because they both have their pros and cons and it just depends on what your priorities are. For me, with my custom mods to the Lasfit, it's a clear winner for me and my specific use. In summary, I only need 4 buttons for my heated seats, i want it to match, i don't like the illuminated buttons on the Voswitch but I also want the buttons to clearly depict what they're for. If you're ok with generic "AUX I, II, III, IV" buttons depending on your purpose (It's important to mention that Jeep comes that way form the factory too) and you don't need all 6 buttons, Lasfit is a clear winner. However if you need 6 buttons, and specific button icons are a must for you without the extra effort, Voswitch is for you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Are you sure the relay/fuse box is metal?
I received my kit earlier today and the box is plastic.

Mine was also sent at no cost in return for an honest opinion as well as suggestions for improvement (if any). Hopefully I’ll get a chance to install this weekend and post my experience.

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Are you sure the relay/fuse box is metal?
I received my kit earlier today and the box is plastic.

Mine was also sent at no cost in return for an honest opinion as well as suggestions for improvement (if any). Hopefully I’ll get a chance to install this weekend and post my experience.
to be honest, I only grabbed it for a second, it seemed like metal and don’t remember any concerns when attaching it to the bracket. It might be a high quality tough plastic looking at the photo now

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
to be honest, I only grabbed it for a second, it seemed like metal and don’t remember any concerns when attaching it to the bracket. It might be a high quality tough plastic looking at the photo now
Totally in understandable. I thought the box was metal when I opened the box. It’s definitely a quality piece.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Hello Fellow Jeepers!

I am providing what I think may be an extremely useful review and comparison of AUX buttons for our beloved JL Wrangler (yes JT owners can use this review too!) I like all of you, love modding my Jeep and the more oem my mods can look, the better which brings me here today. We are comparing the Voswitch JL300 and the LasFit Black button Aux kit. I am not reviewing the left side red locker portion as I have a rubicon and don't want to mess with my OEM lockers. Let the fun begin!

Vehicle:
2022 JLUR 3.6 E-torque with no aux buttons!

Disclosures:
I was selected to participate by Lasfit to provide a review/comparison in exchange for their free product. However, I have made no promises or exchanges for any favorable reviews. This is a 100% unbiased review and there is no penalty to me or anyone else if this doesn't result in a favorable review for either party. The Voswitch JL 300 was purchased by me. I trust that Lasfit will utilize these reviews for their benefit and make product changes that make sense, but full disclosure, what may be a negative aspect for me, can easily be a positive aspect for someone else. So let's begin.

Price:
Voswitch JL300 - $239
Lasfit - $269
https://www.lasfit.com/products/jee...um&utm_medium=UGC-JL&utm_campaign=Jeep+Switch

Features:
Voswitch JL 300 - Strobe/flash/momentary functions; customizable buttons; 6 AUX buttons; no programming needed.
Lasfit - OEM look; multiple mounting options; large buttons; No programming needed.

Packaging:
Voswitch comes in a generic box, everything was organized, installation manual inside the box with clear instructions, nothing really notable.

Lasfit comes in really nice packaging, pretty organized but there were some loose zip ties, a rubber firewall grommet and the metal mounting hardware sitting loose in the box. mine came undamaged so not a big deal, but i can foresee rough handling by the shipping service making a difference here for some folks, especially if the brackets bang against each other in the box. Also, there is absolutely no installation manual provided, not even a QR code, but there is an easy link on their website, alongside a few Youtube videos that appear easy to follow.

View attachment 680993
Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison F728B017-2EEF-451A-9E41-5CCF8832ED64

Initial impressions:
Voswitch quality is great, i noticed right off the bat that the terminals are screw down terminals that require your device wires to connect to their mail counterparts. While I found it's not 100% necessary, you can simply stick a wire under the terminal and screw it down. Lots of custom icon stickers to customize your buttons, however I am using mine to add heated seats to all 4 corners and needed to order more stickers to meet my needs as there wasn't enough. But then again, most people don't add heated seats to the rear seats, let alone put the controls up front where the rear passengers can't turn them on themselves. The buttons have a click feel and don't really match any other buttons in the jeep, they're fine, but make an annoying click sound when pressed, and don't feel like high quality when pressed. installation appears simple enough. The relay box is high quality but there is a giant voswitch logo on top that screams cheap aftermarket which I painted with flat black.

Lasfit quality seems just as great if not better with a few minor concerns. The wires appear nice and high quality to the touch, not flimsy whatsoever, and wrapped in a nice cotton (or whatever it is) layer. The relay box is very very nice, and I immediately noticed you don't need to mess with it. it is water tight, inconspicuous( no Large noticeable cheap looking logos), metal construction, and small! smaller than the Voswitch relay box. I'm guessing it's because it has 2 less relays than the Voswitch. I did notice the AUX terminals are just 4 wires that you connect to with no hardware to connect them with. I can only guess we're supposed to just twist our wires together, maybe solder them, or purchase our own male and female connectors and connect that way which is what I'll be doing. Cool enough there are a total of 8 leads (2 per aux button) with one set that stays in the engine compartment, and the other set that goes inside the cabin in case you want to power accessories inside. this is awesome that the viswitch does not address at all! As for the buttons themselves, the quality seems great, the silver trim is actually plastic but seems to match very closely to the oem metal trim on the rubicon buttons. The buttons themselves match closer to the oem buttons but seem like they depress a little too much or the spring in them is a bit too soft. I feel like a more positive engagement and spring back could be beneficial here. The text on the buttons leave a lot to be desired but we supposedly know that going in. The roman numerals are a bit odd, the font seems slightly off, and I think I would have preferred button 1 and 2 next to each other rather than on top and bottom of each other. They are obviously not customizable. Read my future plans for these buttons at the bottom of this review. I feel like this is where Voswitch has the advantage but i can't imagine an economical way of having these buttons and having them customizable without Lasfit stocking many different kinds and having their customers order buttons when they purchase their kit for what they will use it for.

View attachment 680997

Install:
Voswitch took about an hour. The hardest part was drilling a hole through the firewall plastic cover which needs to be done for both aux switch banks and i needed to do for other mods in my jeep anyways. The manual calls for installing on the drive side. That's where I installed mine. I do however also have a Voswitch JL 400 grab handle aux bank which was supposed to be mounted on the passenger side (or can be mounted on the driver side) but i have a Rugged Ridge snorkel that utilizes the area on top of the battery on the passenger side, so that Voswitch is stuffed sideways next to the battery. I think I plan on moving that to the driver side, if I end up keeping the Lasfit which can be mounted somewhere entirely different and doesn't interfere with the snorkel kit. Installation was fairly easy, one wire to connect to the switch bank, all the other wires are run through the engine compartment and to the battery and fuse box. I notice there are separate options to have the aux bank to run when the vehicle is on only or anytime, which require an included fuse tap and a low voltage shut off. Taking apart the dash was the easy part, unscrewing the right side bin was the hard part as those screws were on a bit tight but the Voswitch went on easy. Placing stickers on the buttons is fairly easy if you don't have shaky hands. At 32 years old I still couldn't get them perfectly straight. When the Voswitch is powered on, the lights are bright white that bleed through the edges of the stickers which is kind of annoying and are always illuminated including the power button which is also kind of annoying. I am only using 4 out of the 6 buttons and put blank stickers on the two center buttons but the light bled through so badly that I needed to put a second layer of blank stickers over the first and now no light bleeds through. Thank goodness I bought an extra sheet of stickers!. I'm considering cutting another blank sticker to put over the annoying power button but it will look funny since it's not recessed. Overall, it's great that we can put custom stickers, but not the best quality.

Lasfit seems a bit more work to install. The installation manual online is probably the most clear manual I have ever seen! Great photos, in color, and super simple to follow! The install location is 100x better, allows me to move my grab handle Voswitch to the driver side and free up my rugged ridge snorkel (which I currently have to remove every time I need access to it) but was pretty simple. Since I don't need to access the relay box anymore, I can install this next to the battery and forget it for good. This is a huge benefit for me since I have that snorkel. Also took about an hour to install. Their method is to wire to the battery but connect to the dash buttons to tell it when to turn on and off. This has some pros and cons as it appears you cannot power your aux buttons/devices while the jeep is off, but they do work while the car is on remote start mode. I do love that you don't have to access the relay box to connect your aux devices unlike the Voswitch which is a pain everytime to undo the waterproof grommet. There are alot more wires to connect inside the vehicle, including going behind the glove box, I feel like this could've been simplified but it's not a big deal, added only a few minutes to the install process. The leads on the inside of the jeep is extremely great for me since they will be powering seat heaters inside the cabin. I love this! Once installed, it truly looks OEM, minus the button font but I plan on fixing that (See below plans). When the button is on, it shines an amber light, and stays on until the button is pressed again. This is perfect for me but others may have a need for momentary or strobe, etc. Overall, I like the fit and finish and feel of the lasfit better than the Voswitch. A couple of things I don’t like is the backlighting doesn’t quite match as it’s a bit of a warmer color than the rest of the buttons. Also, there’s no memory, so the buttons turn off when the car is off and when you start the car again, the buttons are in off mode. I’d love to have them saved on the on position for my heated seats when turn on the remote start in the mornings.

Future plans:
I have ordered a couple of different paints to see if i can match the red used by jeep. I plan on painting the Lasfit button rubicon red or "Redicon" then taking them to a laser engraver and having them engrave seat heater icons on them. If i can do this successfully, it is a no brainer that i will be keeping the Lasfit on my rig and putting the voswitch up for sale. If for some reason I fail in that plan, either I can't get the paint to match, or the laser engraving is unsuccessful, I think overall I will be keeping the voswitch. However, I have a friend who does cerakote professionally, and i think he can match the rubicon red and because it's just paint and surface engraving, we can do unlimited attempts so I am optimistic that i will be keeping the Lasfit on my rig permanently. I can also easily paint them black and have them surfaced engraved to the icons I want, but I really want matching red buttons.

Overall comparison:
both units offer advantages and disadvantages depending on what your priorities are. If you are going for an oem look, Lasfit wins by a landslide, if you are looking for customization (different modes and button stickers) Voswitch is what you want. If you're not afraid to tinker, you can easily get the Lasfit to have the custom buttons you want. To say one is better than the other is tough because they both have their pros and cons and it just depends on what your priorities are. For me, with my custom mods to the Lasfit, it's a clear winner for me and my specific use. In summary, I only need 4 buttons for my heated seats, i want it to match, i don't like the illuminated buttons on the Voswitch but I also want the buttons to clearly depict what they're for. If you're ok with generic "AUX I, II, III, IV" buttons depending on your purpose (It's important to mention that Jeep comes that way form the factory too) and you don't need all 6 buttons, Lasfit is a clear winner. However if you need 6 buttons, and specific button icons are a must for you without the extra effort, Voswitch is for you.

Great comparison and review on two great products! I was deciding between these two and watched a ton of videos describing each one. Was initially going to go with the VOSwitch but ended up liking the OEM look of the LASFIT. Plus, I do not think I will need more than 4 buttons (I reserve the right to change my mind!) Purchased the LASFIT and installed it last weekend. It looks sweet! Hope to install some A Pillar lights this weekend and get some good use out of them. BTW, love your bright Jeep! You must need a nuclear reactor to power all of those lights! Lol!

Sponsored

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
Good comparison thank you!

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Also, are your using the JL400 to activate all of the other lights?

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
yes the jl400 on the grab handle for all my lights. Good thing LEDs don’t draw too much power!
Thanks for the review on this!
I got the JL400 and man slipping the wires through the grommet to the screws was a bit of a pain(and so far I have only added 1 light!)
Any chance you can remove the voswitch panel cover and take a photo of it to see how you wired it up? I can't imagine when I run my lightbar wires to the panel how tight the fit is going to be 😬

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Thanks for the review on this!
I got the JL400 and man slipping the wires through the grommet to the screws was a bit of a pain(and so far I have only added 1 light!)
Any chance you can remove the voswitch panel cover and take a photo of it to see how you wired it up? I can't imagine when I run my lightbar wires to the panel how tight the fit is going to be 😬
Here ya go

84E52580-5B61-4A27-9CB0-D9E8C26D200E.jpeg

BC7700F7-F678-472F-911E-8D9ADE296E13.jpeg

Sponsored

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here ya go

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison BC7700F7-F678-472F-911E-8D9ADE296E13

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison BC7700F7-F678-472F-911E-8D9ADE296E13
Thank you soooo much!
No wonder I had such a hard time. I added both positives and both negatives for me set of lights
I see just one wire on going to each of your switches(+ and -) and I have 2 wires going on (2 on + and 2 on -)
So sorry of this is such a newby question as I am still trying to learn about wiring things up but If i join the 2 positive wires to just use one and make it less crowded in the panel, do I need to use a bigger gauge wire? or can I use the same gauge?
I ask because I just cut up the wiring harness on my AEV lights and I am just now remembering that they had a bigger gauge wire after merging both power cables to 1. Hope that makes sense

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Lasfit hands down.

OP
OP
Caliguy

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Thank you soooo much!
No wonder I had such a hard time. I added both positives and both negatives for me set of lights
I see just one wire on going to each of your switches(+ and -) and I have 2 wires going on (2 on + and 2 on -)
So sorry of this is such a newby question as I am still trying to learn about wiring things up but If i join the 2 positive wires to just use one and make it less crowded in the panel, do I need to use a bigger gauge wire? or can I use the same gauge?
I ask because I just cut up the wiring harness on my AEV lights and I am just now remembering that they had a bigger gauge wire after merging both power cables to 1. Hope that makes sense
No problem, yea you can see switches one and two have both positive and negative going through. Switches 3 and 4 just the positive and I connected the ground to outside ground sources. You can probably get away with using the same gauge wire. I do. I only worry about the wires getting hot and melting the tTaps I use

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
The one thing the voswitch has that the lasfit doesnt is the power button. I have my lockers running off the voswitch and the very first thing my daughter did after installing them was push the button while saying “whats this do?”. Fortunately it was powered off because I was on the highway and had she powered my rear locker…

That power button is the sole reason I went with the voswitch.

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The one thing the voswitch has that the lasfit doesnt is the power button. I have my lockers running off the voswitch and the very first thing my daughter did after installing them was push the button while saying “whats this do?”. Fortunately it was powered off because I was on the highway and had she powered my rear locker…

That power button is the sole reason I went with the voswitch.
Agreed! I do like the OEM look of the Lastfit but not a fan of the button placement since you have to lean slightly over which is why I opted out of the AUX switch option. Really glad I waited because I went with the JL400 grab handle switch panel and it looks and feels super awesome.
The white backlight has the closest color to the Jeep white backlight
Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 6.18.38 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL LasFit Aux Kit Vs. Voswitch shootout / Comparison Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 6.18.51 PM
Sponsored