Sponsored

Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I was selected to test the Lasfit All-Weather floor mats, as originally announced here. My review follows.

---------------------

The mats were packed in a sturdy box, which provided reasonable protection against the rigors of shipping.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) Box

I decided to frame this review as a sort of comparison betwixt the Lasfit mats and the OEM all-weather mats in use in my Jeep from new. My choice here was informed by the volume of forum photos that suggest a fair number of Wrangler owners also own the OEM mats.

Some comments are plainly subjective in nature, so please keep that in mind.

The OEM mats look correct for the vehicle, but they scuff quite easily and can't really be restored to looking as-new.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 2
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 3
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 4

The entire passenger area was vacuumed thoroughly, prior to fitting the Lasfit mats.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 5
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 6
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 7
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 8

The first thing you'll likely notice is the absence of any accommodation for the OEM drain plug on the Lasfit mats. I'll leave it to the vendor to explain why this was done. All I'd suggest is to remember to reinstall the rubber plug from the OEM mat into the now-exposed holes in the front floor, under the new mats.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) Plu

The Lasfit mats snapped into place without any alignment issues, although the OEM mats are easier to line up for this task due to the perforations in their plugs. I will say that the OEM mats are held a bit more securely by their plugs. Said differently, a little less effort is required to unplug the Lasfit mats for removal.

On the subject of snaps, the only serious demerit I can assign to the Lasfit mats is the absence of a retention snap on the rear side of the second row mat (which the OEM mats do have). The molded-in indentation is shallow, which guarantees that the rear lip of the mat will always sit proud of the carpet. This was a personal annoyance to me because that raised lip fouls the easy insertion and removal of storage bags that I keep stowed under the rear seat. If the omission of drain plug holes for the front mats was questionable, this particular design element is doubly so.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 11a
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 11b
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 12

At least one other review mentioned the matter of the front lip of the front mats being raised up when pressure is placed on the center of the mat, as one might do when moving one's foot there after engaging cruse control. I attempted to duplicate this finding with my hand and my foot, only to observe a fractional movement in the mats' front lips (as the photos hopefully illustrate). Possibly this is a finding that will vary according to the individual vehicle and the individual owner's sensitivity to such things. Personally, it's a non-starter.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 9a
Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 9b

The single molding of the rear mat provides a much nicer aesthetic at the center than does the dodgy two-piece snap design of the OEM rear mat. However, the witness marks in the carpet also make plain that the OEM mat does provide a bit more coverage than does the Lasfit mat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lasfit All Weather Floor Mats (Receipt, Installation, Review) 13

I advised Lasfit that I'd want to use the mats in real-world conditions for at least a week, which I've now done.

Final comments, in no particular order:

-The construction of the Lasfit mats (hereafter, "new mats") uses a mildly stronger plastic that is plainly darker than the OEM mats.
-Their installation and coverage functionally mimic the OEM mats.
-Scuffs that may appear on the new mats aren't as immediately obvious as they are on the OEM mats, and can be made to disappear, or at least appear less obvious, much more easily.
-Surprisingly, the aggressive tread pattern on the new mats doesn't foul my foot movement. I say it this way because I favor footwear with lug soles, and I expected a bit of dragging as I moved my feet across the mats. That didn't really happen; resistance is futile was minimal.
-Certainly, the same tread pattern promises to hold more melt water and other detritus than do the OEM mats. However, the depth of that molding may compel the owner to remove the new mats for proper cleaning, whereas a few wipes with a good towel accomplishes the same when leaving the OEM mats in situ.

My recommendation:
Provisional Pass
Consider if the absence of drain plug holes and/or snaps on the rear mats will affect your usage, and direct your purchase dollars accordingly.
Sponsored

Lasfit

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lasfit
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lasfit.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

Hello James,
Thank you very much for your time to review Lasfit all-weather floor mats.
We designed the general floor mats without drain plugs for Jeep JL and provided another choice for Jeep owners aside from Mopar. As far as I know, most of the aftermarket floor mats for JK/JL don't have front drain plugs as well. When we dive back into our customer's real voice and know that they were complaining about the OEM drains, saying that water can come up through the bottom as well as sand/salt will be collected right there, esp when they're out for dirt. Although Jeeps are supposed to withstand water they were concerned with water long-term causing an issue. So they instead left the drain covers in place and bought another set of drain cover to place on top of the mats.
It's a great idea that you suggest to reinstall the OEM rubber plug into the now-exposed holes in the front floor, under the new mats. 👍