Sponsored

Las Vegas to Auburn - Off-road trails?

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello!

I've just got notification from Jim Marsh where I put my order in for a 2019 JLUR that it will be arriving in a couple weeks! I'm going to fly down to Vegas to pick it up and drive it back up to Auburn, CA. I'm trying to avoid highways and take as many routes 'off the beaten path' as I can. Can anyone who has made a drive in this general direction or been to any trails along the way make a recommendation of route/trails I should take? My mission here is to take as much time as I need to hit up the good trails along the way up, timing has nothing to do with it. I'll be taking a look at maps and doing some research, but I figured I'd start here first :)

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello!

I've just got notification from Jim Marsh where I put my order in for a 2019 JLUR that it will be arriving in a couple weeks! I'm going to fly down to Vegas to pick it up and drive it back up to Auburn, CA. I'm trying to avoid highways and take as many routes 'off the beaten path' as I can. Can anyone who has made a drive in this general direction or been to any trails along the way make a recommendation of route/trails I should take? My mission here is to take as much time as I need to hit up the good trails along the way up, timing has nothing to do with it. I'll be taking a look at maps and doing some research, but I figured I'd start here first :)

Thanks in advance!
Can’t help but ask since you were notified already ... when did you place your order with them. I also ordered more recently with them so I’m curious is all. Thanks in advance!

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
An Auburnite here........there is always the Rubicon. Although it could do it, not sure I would take my brand new JLUR on it, but that's just me. Maybe some trails up towards Donner Summit?

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
An Auburnite here........there is always the Rubicon. Although it could do it, not sure I would take my brand new JLUR on it, but that's just me. Maybe some trails up towards Donner Summit?
Any specific trails in that area that come to mind? I spend a lot of time in Tahoe Donner. Now that I’ve gone to a more civilized Jeep, it’s time to reconsider fordyce, lol.

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
I'll need to do some research. My first Jeep. Previously 4x4 experience has only been in the snow, and hunting in Idaho.
Any specific trails in that area that come to mind? I spend a lot of time in Tahoe Donner. Now that I’ve gone to a more civilized Jeep, it’s time to reconsider fordyce, lol.
Sponsored