Sponsored

Largest tires I can put on my stock Rubicon wheels?

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
37” BFG KM3s on stock Rubi wheels. No spacers. No trimming. No issues at all.
ADB6DF41-C223-4F9D-A803-B982967F48D1.jpeg
I can see that.. Toyo MT 35x12.5r17 are 34.8 and the BFG 37x12.5r17 KM2/3's are 35.8. Those may be my next tires...
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
The average 35x12.50x17 tire is too wide for the 7.5 inch Rubicon rims. Tire companies will tell you that it's not safe but still there are cheap people out there with all kinds of unsafe mods to their Jeeps. The other thing is you are going to have to buy 2" wheel spacers or your tire is going to rub on your springs or other suspension components.

I can show you pictures of the finish rubbing off on my suspension on both sides after just a few hundred miles with stock Rubicon rims. I only had them installed after the lift on the stock tires until my rims that were back ordered arrived. It looked just too stupid with stock tires. Put on 2" wheel spacers and fixed the issue like that. Two weeks later I had the new rims, no issues then.

Do it right, get a set of 9" wide rims. You can buy some cheap steel ones for the time being if money is an object, can probably find them at a discount for about $100 or so each.

You are going to get all kinds of answers for this. Kind of like when someone asks if they can do Pritchett Canyon in Moab in a stock Wrangler and someone says sure. Are you kidding me, no way you'll make it to the end and money says you'll end up with thousands in damage in any case.

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
35x12.5R17 BFG KO2s on stock Moab wheels with 1.75” wheel spacers.

BCAF62A3-DBF4-4257-9BB5-F76268A93314.jpeg

4A979EC2-46AC-4772-8837-BEAAF21689E3.jpeg
great looking jeep. Do you have a lift? Can you post a picture of how much your tires stick out from under the fender flares?

Mmorreale

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Altitude 3.0 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Retired (disabled) Firefighter
great looking jeep. Do you have a lift? Can you post a picture of how much your tires stick out from under the fender flares?
Thank you. No lift. Here’s a pic I found for now. You can see a little bit. But I ’ll post more later too.

A9C300F4-7C04-4EE1-A98B-ED34AF6FBF7A.jpeg

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you. No lift. Here’s a pic I found for now. You can see a little bit. But I ’ll post more later too.

Jeep Wrangler JL Largest tires I can put on my stock Rubicon wheels? A9C300F4-7C04-4EE1-A98B-ED34AF6FBF7A
Thank you! How's the ride, gears, acceleration and braking with 37" KO2's (which I take run a bit smaller) on Rubi stock lift. Do you run in the 8th gear at all? Lots of people complain that they lose the 8th. Have you thought about a lift?

Per @TJEli 's suggestion I am leaning towards a MC 2.5" lift but eager to read about your experience with stock and 37's.

Sponsored

Mmorreale

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Altitude 3.0 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Retired (disabled) Firefighter
Thank you! How's the ride, gears, acceleration and braking with 37" KO2's (which I take run a bit smaller) on Rubi stock lift. Do you run in the 8th gear at all? Lots of people complain that they lose the 8th. Have you thought about a lift?

Per @TJEli 's suggestion I am leaning towards a MC 2.5" lift but eager to read about your experience with stock and 37's.
These are 35 inch BFG KO2s on a Sahara altitude. No lift and not a Rubicon. So far it does great as far as shifting goes but I’m sure 37s would be a lot different as far as shifting goes. I’ll try to pay more attention and get back to you. I cannot lift my vehiclI cannot lift it because I’m disabled and use a portable step for entry.

g00nda

First Name
g00nda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
These are 35 inch BFG KO2s on a Sahara altitude. No lift and not a Rubicon. So far it does great as far as shifting goes but I’m sure 37s would be a lot different as far as shifting goes. I’ll try to pay more attention and get back to you. I cannot lift my vehiclI cannot lift it because I’m disabled and use a portable step for entry.
my bad...I am dreaming 37's these days ;)

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
35 inch Goodyears. 20k trouble free miles and they look great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Largest tires I can put on my stock Rubicon wheels? A9C300F4-7C04-4EE1-A98B-ED34AF6FBF7A
Finally someone with MTRs. How do you like them for everyday driving?

Sponsored

Nomorefj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Finally someone with MTRs. How do you like them for everyday driving?
Sorry I didn’t respond to you sooner! They ride great and I enjoy the peace of mind when off-road knowing the sidewalls are reinforced with Kevlar. In my mind you cant go wrong with this tire. Only negatives are they are heavy and expensive!

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
Sorry I didn’t respond to you sooner! They ride great and I enjoy the peace of mind when off-road knowing the sidewalls are reinforced with Kevlar. In my mind you cant go wrong with this tire. Only negatives are they are heavy and expensive!
Great!! Thanks for responding. I’m keeping them on my list.
Sponsored