Sponsored

Largest tires I can put on my stock Rubicon wheels?

dsh7878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 Door.
Hey there. I know tire size questions get tiresome but I did a quick search and didn't find an answer. I have a 2019 Rubicon and I really like the stock rubicon wheels. I want to run with 35 inch tires on these rims without adding a lift. I know I can run 35s on the rubicon but I never see it on the stock wheels. I don't think I can get 35x12.5s on these rims. Im just curious what 35s people have put on the stock rims without spacers. Thanks for any help?insight.
Sponsored

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there. I know tire size questions get tiresome but I did a quick search and didn't find an answer. I have a 2019 Rubicon and I really like the stock rubicon wheels. I want to run with 35 inch tires on these rims without adding a lift. I know I can run 35s on the rubicon but I never see it on the stock wheels. I don't think I can get 35x12.5s on these rims. Im just curious what 35s people have put on the stock rims without spacers. Thanks for any help?insight.
A lot of people will tell you that you can't put 35/12.50s on stock Rubicon wheels. I'm not one of those people, but it's not recommended by the tire manufactures. Nitto makes a 35/11.5-17 that is within specs of the 7.5" wide Rubicon wheels. https://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
I know I can run 35s on the rubicon but I never see it on the stock wheels.
Stock wheels are actually the only way 35s will work, without adding bump stops.

Aftermarket wheels have less backspacing and will push the tire too far out, you will hit the outer edge of your fender under compression. Same with spacers.

You can run a 35x12.50 on a 7.5 wheel no problem. Some uppity tire shops will refuse, so just look for a tire shop with "llantas" in their name, they will mount anything on anything.

Nomorefj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
35 inch Goodyears. 20k trouble free miles and they look great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Largest tires I can put on my stock Rubicon wheels? 4E41CD82-36AA-43D5-B5FE-3A700CB1FBB4

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Stock wheels are actually the only way 35s will work, without adding bump stops.

Aftermarket wheels have less backspacing and will push the tire too far out, you will hit the outer edge of your fender under compression. Same with spacers.

You can run a 35x12.50 on a 7.5 wheel no problem. Some uppity tire shops will refuse, so just look for a tire shop with "llantas" in their name, they will mount anything on anything.
Llantas. SMH. :lipssealed:

You're gonna get yourself in trouble saying stuff like that, lol!

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
35 inch Goodyears. 20k trouble free miles and they look great!
There might be a little bit of lift involved there.

If you go to the members for sale area you can find some listings for people selling Rubi wheels with 35" tires on them.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
18 Rubicon with factory wheels I have ran

stock KO2s

35" KO2s Stock suspension no problem

37" KO2s 2.5" Rough Country lift and Hub Centric wheel spacers I ran it stock for two weeks things are really tight but will work full compression in the stock form.

37" Milestar Patagonia 2.5" Rough Country lift and Hub Centric wheel spacers these will rub in the rear at full articulation nothing a heat gun and reform wheel well liner.

The Milestar are an actual 37 or at least really close and I run these at around 30 psi. Have to rotate pretty often and they are for sure not lasting as long as the KO2s but hey i like the look.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
37 Pats on stock wheels here. Discount ok’d them being mounted up. I actually didn’t have to go to Rios Llanteria.

Sponsored

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I literally typed in 35s on stock Rubicon when doing a search and pulled back multiple results, how did you do your search.. lol.

Anyway, I'm running 37x12.5x17 on my stock Rubicon Wheels and have 0 issues. Other members have had to same results as me.

vtl5ou8Zn0ZmWXIUu0Q6GHILw=w1480-h833-no?authuser=0.jpg

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Just did mine this week. Love the tucked in look. I am having spare tire issues. The shop told me it would not fit so they put it on with my old wheel spacers. Looks like the third tail light gets in the way? I didn’t try it myself. Did any of you guys have to change anything back there, or do you push it on and flex the light bracket back?
Having trouble posting a picture and lost my avatar. Wtf
Sponsored