Largest Tire on JLU Sahara - Stock Rims & no lift

jawsATL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Granite Metallic Sahara
I am new to Jeeps. I am buying a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara. Bought it online and it will ship to me sometime next week. This is the only picture I have of it right now before it comes in sometime next week. It has some street tires on it. I’m not necessarily attached to those stock rims. But don’t really know what I should do. I do want some AT tires. Really like the BFG KO2’s. So I’d like to get those. I do not want a lift or spacers. 95% of my driving will be on the highway. But just want a more aggressive look and for it to sit up a little higher. Preferably BFG KO2’s. I have read through all of this forum. I’m seeing where people have talked about load ratings on tires. Which I was knew nothing about. I’m also wanting to keep a smooth ride. Or as smooth as possible. So I think from what people have said on this forum it should be a C load tire. I guess what I’m asking is do I buy a OEM jeep 17 inch rim and then buy BFG KO2’s? Since that tire doesn’t have anything but E load rating in 18 inch rims. Or do I just get the E rating BFG KO2’s on my stock 18 rims in this picture? I was thinking about going to get some blacked out OEM Jeep17 inch rims if I go with that option.

Just curious what everyone thinks about think. If you have any input on either of my options thank you in advance.

16C3E585-0ED1-469C-8C66-6AD2F3C6CFB7.jpeg
BFGs 315 70 17 on stock suspension. Id bite the bullet and get some 17" wheels with the right offset/backspacing to give you the look you want.
Jeep Wrangler JL Largest Tire on JLU Sahara - Stock Rims & no lift IMG_2528
Sponsored

TJM007

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Those are the optional All Terrains. Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure With Kevlar. They're not all that bad off road even thought they don't look like an aggressive tread pattern.

If the KO2 look is what you want then I would suggest finding a set of Rubicon Take-offs. They fit just fine on the Sahara and give it a good look.
Ok thank you for the advice.

TJM007

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BFGs 315 70 17 on stock suspension. Id bite the bullet and get some 17" wheels with the right offset/backspacing to give you the look you want.
I guess I’m going to bite the bullet lol. Thank you for the advice

TJM007

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about buying these wheels and putting BFG KO2’s on it. Stock suspension, no lift or spacers. Do you think these wheels are a good idea? If so then max tire size? 285/70/17?

TJM007

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about buying these wheels and putting BFG KO2’s on it. Stock suspension, no lift or spacers. Do you think these wheels are a good idea? If so then max tire size? 285/70/17?
Forgot to add the picture. These are the wheel I’m looking at buying

2D606682-05B3-4094-A9D4-FFCA60E50736.jpeg

Sponsored

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Forgot to add the picture. These are the wheel I’m looking at buying

Jeep Wrangler JL Largest Tire on JLU Sahara - Stock Rims & no lift 2D606682-05B3-4094-A9D4-FFCA60E50736
This runs on the very expensive side for OEM Rubicon wheels. It will be 1,000 before you slap TPMS and tires on there. You might as well look for a set of takeoffs which will save you thousands.

jawsATL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Granite Metallic Sahara
I would try to buy Rubi take-offs. If your "more aggressive look" includes the wheels/tires sticking out a bit, the stock wheels wont do it. Mine where -6mm offset (OEM wheels are +44mm offset) and mine stick out about 3 inches, which isnt as much as it sounds. My tires in the pic are 315 70 17s, ~ 34.4". 285/70/17s are Rubicon stock size (might be 285/75/17). Point being, if you are going to put on 285s, you should be able to buy Rubicon take off wheels and tires for $1500 or less.

One of the things I struggled with was trying to find a good size tire to fit the 18" Sahara wheel vs buying wheel and tire. I never really felt great about it trying to use the 18" OEM wheel, so ultimately I got the wheel I wanted and the tire.

TJM007

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would try to buy Rubi take-offs. If your "more aggressive look" includes the wheels/tires sticking out a bit, the stock wheels wont do it. Mine where -6mm offset (OEM wheels are +44mm offset) and mine stick out about 3 inches, which isnt as much as it sounds. My tires in the pic are 315 70 17s, ~ 34.4". 285/70/17s are Rubicon stock size (might be 285/75/17). Point being, if you are going to put on 285s, you should be able to buy Rubicon take off wheels and tires for $1500 or less.

One of the things I struggled with was trying to find a good size tire to fit the 18" Sahara wheel vs buying wheel and tire. I never really felt great about it trying to use the 18" OEM wheel, so ultimately I got the wheel I wanted and the tire.
Do you know any good places or websites to find rubi takeoffs for sale?

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

TJM007

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

This runs on the very expensive side for OEM Rubicon wheels. It will be 1,000 before you slap TPMS and tires on there. You might as well look for a set of takeoffs which will save you thousands.
I’m new to all of this and don’t know much about it all. But couldn’t I just take the TPMS off of my old tires and put them on the new rims if I end up going this route? Might be a dumb question. I just don’t know anything about it