Largest Tire on JLU Sahara - Stock Rims & no lift

jawsATL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Granite Metallic Sahara
This thread has been a tremendous help. To save $$$, I am going to use my Sahara rims, blacked out. I am going to go with 285 75 18 on the stock rim coupled with a 1.5, 2 or 2.5 inch spacer lift. Ideally would love the 35 X 12.5 but the stock rim is too narrow for that. Between new tires and a lift (+ new steering stabilizer and probably Track Bar) Im trying to stay below $2500 installed, so the wheels dictate the tire size. Trying to avoid spacers...

Rawyzf

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Indeed, a great thread with good info. I am going with Nitto Terragrappler G2s in 275/70/18 on the OEM Sahara Altitude 18" Black wheels.

I have these same tires on my Aspen, and they do great year round here in MN.

Birdman

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL
This thread has been a tremendous help. To save $$$, I am going to use my Sahara rims, blacked out. I am going to go with 285 75 18 on the stock rim coupled with a 1.5, 2 or 2.5 inch spacer lift. Ideally would love the 35 X 12.5 but the stock rim is too narrow for that. Between new tires and a lift (+ new steering stabilizer and probably Track Bar) Im trying to stay below $2500 installed, so the wheels dictate the tire size. Trying to avoid spacers...
That’s what I did would have liked a little wider tire. I blacked out the stock 18” rims and did a 3.5” teraflex lift worked out well.

1FE683D6-8D13-4D4C-A8BC-19DB6924F3E8.jpeg

Dawgintn12

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Jeep
Indeed, a great thread with good info. I am going with Nitto Terragrappler G2s in 275/70/18 on the OEM Sahara Altitude 18" Black wheels.

I have these same tires on my Aspen, and they do great year round here in MN.
love to see pictures. I also have the altitude wheels

Sponsored

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Thanks looks great. Just order my tires
I also have a Rubi takeoff with .50 Teraflex spacers, it’s roughly 2.25” lift, with tires closer to 3.25”.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Have Falken AT3's on my Sahara stock size, it came in Jan. 2018 with Bridgestone HT's with LS rear??? So changed to Falkens. Really great off road, a bit noisy on road (not annoying though) I do tire rotation but seems not wearing well 17k on tires and my guess might be 10+ tread left at most?

Best tire ever were Goodyear Wrangler Radials on my 99 XJ Cherokee, 75K and after take off the kid next door put them on his old truck and passed MA inspection!!

My Cherokee Trailhawk has Firestone Destination AT's not great off road but do it, on road a bit noisy have 48k and half worn!! I'll have to replace cuz of age only! lol

Go Jeep!!!

Rawyzf

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rawyzf

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looks good., how is the ride ? I just order the ridge grappler 275/70/18. Will be Monday before I can get them put on.
Ride is great, no complaints. I wanted the Ridge Grappler too, but the guy at Discount Tire talked me out of them because he said they are not great in the Winter.....and well, we live in MN and its winter like 10 months a year.

Dawgintn12

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Jeep
Ride is great, no complaints. I wanted the Ridge Grappler too, but the guy at Discount Tire talked me out of them because he said they are not great in the Winter.....and well, we live in MN and its winter like 10 months a year.
I understand that. Last couple of winters I might have seen 2-3 snow days so wasn’t real worry about it. And I know it will still go better than my other vehicles. Looks great. Are you happy with the size of them? I’m so afraid the tires won’t be big enough for my liking. But I love those wheels and don’t want to spend the cash on a lift and new wheels as of now.
Sponsored