First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
starting the prep work for the blower here soon and want to upgrade the cooling. Want to upgrade to a bigger radiator and lower temp T Stat.

options? Thnx.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Custom race shop will be able to steer you towards a place that makes custom radiators for Hot Rods. That is probably your best option.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
thanks.

also found one at quadratec that looks viable.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
FYI: The 2.0 & JT "Max Tow" get a higher wattage cooling fan.

I believe I read that Mishimoto is developing a radiator.
yeah ive got the fan as part of my JT max tow. I realize this radiator probably isnt needed, but it never hurts throwing extra cooling at a vehicle.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
starting the prep work for the blower here soon and want to upgrade the cooling. Want to upgrade to a bigger radiator and lower temp T Stat.

options? Thnx.

Same here, I am waiting on an Edelbrock Supercharger w/tune and it just shipped...My first thoughts on improving cooling capability was using the radiator from the 392 (would think it would have improved cooling over the radiator used in the 3.6) and still looking into it for fit and performance. The only aftermarket option I found in high performance radiators is from Cold Case, model MOJ996-which looks to be a solid option...Anyone know of other options?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You’re going to need to program the new operating temp somehow, or else the fans will be useless and you’ll get a P0128.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
You’re going to need to program the new operating temp somehow, or else the fans will be useless and you’ll get a P0128.

Not likely, and sure not likely in Arizona. Just replacing the radiator with one that is more efficient will not prevent the engine from reaching normal operating temperature but will help prevent overheating.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Not if you leave the thermostat in.

Edit because didn't re-read the first post: Not if you leave the factory thermostat in

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Same here, I am waiting on an Edelbrock Supercharger w/tune and it just shipped...My first thoughts on improving cooling capability was using the radiator from the 392 (would think it would have improved cooling over the radiator used in the 3.6) and still looking into it for fit and performance. The only aftermarket option I found in high performance radiators is from Cold Case, model MOJ996-which looks to be a solid option...Anyone know of other options?
i ordered the cold case. Seems like a solid unit, but i havent installed it or the blower yet. Hopefully in July.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
not necessarily. You have to know what the threshold operating temp/time is for when the code will trigger thinking its stuck open, and if the t stat will ever try to close and not be able to. This is yet another internet promulgated myth that any t stat change throws a CEL, and that isnt always the case. With as hot as these things run and as quickly as they get to temp, it may (i think likely) be fine, but i dont know what that temp threshold is either, so Im guessing same as you.

still, adjusting the setting in the ecu is the least of the worries. No one makes one is the real problem. @Mishimoto is working on one, but my jeep with a blower and little 37’s wasnt blinged out enough for them to want to give me one to test. Hopefully others come to market in a bit.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
not necessarily. You have to know what the threshold operating temp/time is for when the code will trigger thinking its stuck open, and if the t stat will ever try to close and not be able to. This is yet another internet promulgated myth that any t stat change throws a CEL, and that isnt always the case. With as hot as these things run and as quickly as they get to temp, it may (i think likely) be fine, but i dont know what that temp threshold is either, so Im guessing same as you.

still, adjusting the setting in the ecu is the least of the worries. No one makes one is the real problem. @Mishimoto is working on one, but my jeep with a blower and little 37’s wasnt blinged out enough for them to want to give me one to test. Hopefully others come to market in a bit.
In that case, the lower temperature thermostat is pointless.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
In that case, the lower temperature thermostat is pointless.
not at all. Lower temp thermostats by 10-20 degrees ensure the t stat stays wide open and keeps the coolant flowing mo’ better.

you can take a thermal imager or a laser thermometer and track reduction of hot spots in a cyl head or block by dropping your tstat opening temp. When you’re stacking in FI to a high compression, shallow piston crown motor, it’s a good idea to do it if you can.

to know whether or not it is worthless, we need to know:

-at what temp off command a CEL throws
-what current temp the stock tstat starts opening
-at what temp its wide open

if the t stat is truly wide open at the operating temp and remains fully open, then no it isnt needed. As of now, we dont have any data and dont know, and the only company i am aware of currently working on one is more concerned with how blinged out looking the truck using it is and not how its actually being used.

so im holding until we know more and running the larger radiator.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
not at all. Lower temp thermostats by 10-20 degrees ensure the t stat stays wide open and keeps the coolant flowing mo’ better.

you can take a thermal imager or a laser thermometer and track reduction of hot spots in a cyl head or block by dropping your tstat opening temp. When you’re stacking in FI to a high compression, shallow piston crown motor, it’s a good idea to do it if you can.

to know whether or not it is worthless, we need to know:

-at what temp off command a CEL throws
-what current temp the stock tstat starts opening
-at what temp its wide open

if the t stat is truly wide open at the operating temp and remains fully open, then no it isnt needed. As of now, we dont have any data and dont know, and the only company i am aware of currently working on one is more concerned with how blinged out looking the truck using it is and not how its actually being used.

so im holding until we know more and running the larger radiator.
I believe the current thermostat is 190-212 for its full range of flow.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I believe the current thermostat is 190-212 for its full range of flow.
thats a good data point thanks. Where did you get the data?

in that case a 180 would probably be good to go and may not need a program adjust
Sponsored