Sponsored

Larger battery (group 94 size) 3.6 engine

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I installed a Odyssey 94 and its secure and not going anywhere.
@NonHypenatedAmerican

Does your JL have the Tow package and thus a bigger battery tray or did you manage to jam it into the the non tow package, standard tray.

Also, you have a 2018, hope you have gotten TSB 18-092-19, applied to your 2018 JL.

Saw the pic today, of your install. Real nice... Hey, your power steering fluid looks like it is low. Look at the Min / Max lines on the backside of the reservoir. Should be right between Min and Max when Vehicle has not been run in a long while.
Sponsored

NonHypenatedAmerican

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
@NonHypenatedAmerican

Does your JL have the Tow package and thus a bigger battery tray or did you manage to jam it into the the non tow package, standard tray.

Also, you have a 2018, hope you have gotten TSB 18-092-19, applied to your 2018 JL.

Saw the pic today, of your install. Real nice... Hey, your power steering fluid looks like it is low. Look at the Min / Max lines on the backside of the reservoir. Should be right between Min and Max when Vehicle has not been run in a long while.
You are right I forgot to mention I do have the tow group. My bad.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
has anyone found a better replacement for the stupid aux battery?

Lsversaw

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S 3.6l auto
In general, Lithium (LFP) batteries will not accept a charge if they are below 32 degrees. They will, however, still deliver power below that temperature. Some LFP batteries have a built-in heater to solve that problem, and you can buy add-on battery heaters in the form of an under-battery mat. Battleborn sells the heaters, I think, but I didn’t see heaters on their website.

Is no-charging-below-freezing acceptable for a starter battery?

On a cold day, How long does it take for the underhood temperature to get above 32 degrees? At that point, an LFP starter battery would start accepting charge again.

It’s funny that the Antigravity web site doesn’t mention the low-temp charging issue (or if it does, I didn’t find it).
Sponsored