Sponsored

Lange Hoist-A-Top Simple on an uneven ceiling?

Party Marty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0
So I posed the question on Quadatrec if I could install the Lange lift on my uneven ceiling and they "don't recommend it." Not sure why I asked, because I probably plan to do so anyway. Can anyone tell me why not? I'd assume with all of these systems that the user must have the ability to alter the length of each rope on initial install so it goes up even, right? Please tell me if I'm way off. Thanks.
Sponsored

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steve, I bought the Lange hoist first and installed it. My ceiling/joists were not even but I thought I could adjust it since it’s a pulley system.
I couldn’t get it to operate smoothly after spending hours on it. Granted, someone with better know how can probably figure it out but I ended up with the Top Lift Pro and never looked back. The lift is really easy and stores the top wherever I need. Biggest negative is the price.
I had the Lange hoist with my JK but the ceiling was level. My 2 cents. Good luck!

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

So I posed the question on Quadatrec if I could install the Lange lift on my uneven ceiling and they "don't recommend it." Not sure why I asked, because I probably plan to do so anyway. Can anyone tell me why not? I'd assume with all of these systems that the user must have the ability to alter the length of each rope on initial install so it goes up even, right? Please tell me if I'm way off. Thanks.
Because Lange has a single drop down it shouldn't be a problem. I have a Harken which uses 4 drop lines and, even though I have a uneven ceiling, it's not an issue. Your set up wiil be easier - try to get the four lines even on the Harken was a challenge.

The tops are so light it doesn't matter

OP
OP
Party Marty

Party Marty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0
Thanks for your help, guys. I don't have room for a Top Lift Pro so @Kenny, your news is music to my ears. If nothing else, I suppose I could build a frame off the ceiling to mount the lift to on level. Thanks again.
Sponsored