am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
3B858B33-8850-4081-B6DB-689794CE8448.jpeg
I have a JL Hoist-a-top (crank) and my ceiling/wall configuration is such that it creates a difficult spot to park my Jeep underneath the hoist frame. I did it this weekend. When I mounted the ceiling pulleys, I knew this would be a challenge. After taking the top off this weekend, I have an idea. Looking for input.

I have an entry door on the wall with the hand crank and there is only about 56ā€ from the hoist to the wall. I canā€™t use the other side of the garage, on the other side of the because my boat is in the way.

If I could move my ceiling pulley mounts over by about 12-15ā€ that would be awesome, but it would not directly align with my wall crank.

I would like to know if its a sound idea to use a few eye bolts screwed into my joists to route the cables back into alignment with the crank, if I moved the pulleys over. Your thoughts?

If I use two eye bolts per cable to make the turns that should mitigate a cable from jumping off a pulley. Would that work? Thanks for any responses.
Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Eyebolts would work to make the cable do what you want but I wouldn't do it. The cable will fray at the point of the eyebolts. I have also seen cable cut thru HD and Lowes hardware, it obviously takes awhile but it happens. Try to find a couple of small pulleys/blocks to make the shift

OP
OP
am1978

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Eyebolts would work to make the cable do what you want but I wouldn't do it. The cable will fray at the point of the eyebolts. I have also seen cable cut thru HD and Lowes hardware, it obviously takes awhile but it happens. Try to find a couple of small pulleys/blocks to make the shift
Ahh. Good idea. Hadnā€™t thought of that. Maybe something like this attached to a hook in the ceiling? https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-T7550301-Single-Diameter-Capacity/dp/B000I59I6E

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
That absolutely looks better.
Sponsored