Lange Hoist-a-Top (Crank)

am1978

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
3B858B33-8850-4081-B6DB-689794CE8448.jpeg
I have a JL Hoist-a-top (crank) and my ceiling/wall configuration is such that it creates a difficult spot to park my Jeep underneath the hoist frame. I did it this weekend. When I mounted the ceiling pulleys, I knew this would be a challenge. After taking the top off this weekend, I have an idea. Looking for input.

I have an entry door on the wall with the hand crank and there is only about 56” from the hoist to the wall. I can’t use the other side of the garage, on the other side of the because my boat is in the way.

If I could move my ceiling pulley mounts over by about 12-15” that would be awesome, but it would not directly align with my wall crank.

I would like to know if its a sound idea to use a few eye bolts screwed into my joists to route the cables back into alignment with the crank, if I moved the pulleys over. Your thoughts?

If I use two eye bolts per cable to make the turns that should mitigate a cable from jumping off a pulley. Would that work? Thanks for any responses.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Eyebolts would work to make the cable do what you want but I wouldn't do it. The cable will fray at the point of the eyebolts. I have also seen cable cut thru HD and Lowes hardware, it obviously takes awhile but it happens. Try to find a couple of small pulleys/blocks to make the shift

OP
am1978

am1978

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Eyebolts would work to make the cable do what you want but I wouldn't do it. The cable will fray at the point of the eyebolts. I have also seen cable cut thru HD and Lowes hardware, it obviously takes awhile but it happens. Try to find a couple of small pulleys/blocks to make the shift
Ahh. Good idea. Hadn’t thought of that. Maybe something like this attached to a hook in the ceiling? https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-T7550301-Single-Diameter-Capacity/dp/B000I59I6E

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
That absolutely looks better.

Advertisement

JTopsUSA

Advertisement