Sponsored

Land Rover Defender off-road comparison video (vs Wrangler)

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
This guy seem to know what he's talking about, he makes pretty good arguments comparing the new Defender to various off-road vehicle such as the Wrangler Rubicon. Watch it to the end.
Sponsored

Last edited:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Good video, very interesting and he makes some great points. I love his comparison to a certain tech giant at the end, and that comparison is precisely why I own a Jeep and build windows gaming PCs- although I do have an iPhone. Definitely worth watching!

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
A 26 minute video about a vehicle the guy hasn't even driven is kind of a waste of time. Might be worth watching once he gets an actual sample. Of course, the parts I watched were his celebration of its "traction control system" and his main focus of "overlanding"....so for his uses, it'll probably be fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
A 26 minute video about a vehicle the guy hasn't even driven is kind of a waste of time. Might be worth watching once he gets an actual sample. Of course, the parts I watched were his celebration of its "traction control system" and his main focus of "overlanding"....so for his uses, it'll probably be fine.
Yea, it’s unfortunate he hasn’t driven it because he isn’t a shill and a media mouthpiece.:giggle:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
SPOILER ALERT:

Just an old dude pissed they changed the Defender from what he once knew it to be.
I watched a fair amount of the video and it seemed the opposite. I admittedly lost interest and didn't see his conclusion. The first part started out the way you describe....but in general he raved about how good it will probably be. I'm in the camp that the Defender never was all that....at least for wheeling American trails; not overlanding.

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t watched this video yet but I’ve watched Andrew for years. He’s been everywhere on earth you can drive. Although he’s not really into what we do I think. He’s generally pretty fair but a HUGE Land Rover fan boy. He’s gotten misty eyed talking about his classic a few times. He did a comparison with a Rubicon vs. a Defender Several years ago and it was heavily slanted towards the LR.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t watched this video yet but I’ve watched Andrew for years. He’s been everywhere on earth you can drive. Although he’s not really into what we do I think. He’s generally pretty fair but a HUGE Land Rover fan boy. He’s gotten misty eyed talking about his classic a few times. He did a comparison with a Rubicon vs. a Defender Several years ago and it was heavily slanted towards the LR.
In this video he plainly stated the Rubicon is the best wheeler out of the box you can buy right now.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I've watched quite a bit of his video's. He hasnt been a fan boi of LR for years, maybe decades. He's a toyota guy thru and thru but more then that he's a what works fan boi. LR hasnt worked for him for a long time and he like many of us want better no matter the brand.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
In this video he plainly stated the Rubicon is the best wheeler out of the box you can buy right now.
I havent watched this video yet but he has said similar in another one. He's an ovelander and and needs payload and room so the jeep while super capable off road just doesnt work for him. I think his views are well thought out for what HE wants to do.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t think you’ve watched it.
The entire first portion was about just that I just couldn’t get through it. I’m sure the rest went well. I’ll take you at your word.
Sponsored