Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Trail Recommendations

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Longtime lurker and first time posting. Recently became an owner of a 23 JLUR. I consider myself an experienced camper but a very green 4x4’er. Would like to take my wife and pup out to explore the scenery in Lake Tahoe for her birthday in January and was looking for some trail recommendations.

I’m well aware of the snow and was looking for something beginner friendly. Something I can drive through and not worry about getting into questionable terrain or stuck (I know where is the fun in 4x4 like that). I’m in a stock rubi with no real recovery gear ( shame on me for not following my rule of 6 Ps “ Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance “ ). Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
Sponsored

marie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tuscadero JL Rubicon
We recently came back from a vacation there. But more than half of the trails we went were closed. Not just because of the snow condition. I believe some of them were just closed for the season. You can pick a handful from AllTrails and have backup plans.

The stock tire when not deflated, slides quite a lot on icy roads. Even some paved roads in the forest are not maintained and becomes icy. You can rent some chains and traction boards just in case.