Sponsored

Ladies, what did you drive before your Wrangler?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
  • Banned
Long story short, sister sent me a listing for a Saturn Sky earlier, and while I think it's awesome, also remember the lease on her RDX Turbo is up this summer (July I think), and think that if we don't go dutch on a cheap little vert, then next best thing for her would be a Wrangler.

Don't know why she doesn't like them, she never drove one, and I can see her driving it with the top/doors off during the summer, when she goes out with her friends, plus she lost the edge and is a more sensible driver, so she isn't the speed demon she used to be.

So, as I asked, what did you lovely ladies here drive before getting your JL, how was it going from the previous car to the Jeep and any advice you can share so that she's open to driving one.

Sure I'm forgetting something else to ask, but been up since 5am, so don't mind me. Thank you, and have a great day now

Rogue
Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I drove Miatasā€”an NC then ND GT 6sp. I *loved* those cars! I lowered and replaced the exhaust in my ND. My first car was a ā€˜65 MGB and Iā€™ve loved little convertibles since then (we wonā€™t go into how many years have passed since I was 16 :CWL:).

Iā€˜ve always liked Jeeps and my husband had a ā€˜12 JKUR and I loved it.

I had to get out of my beloved Miata because of orthopedic issues. The obvious choice to replace it was a JL because I missed my husbandā€™s JK and the Wrangler is the ultimate convertible.

Trade-in day, it was bittersweet:
Jeep Wrangler JL Ladies, what did you drive before your Wrangler? IMG_5989-X3

Top down and doors off! My favorite way to go because even Costco runs are fun:
Jeep Wrangler JL Ladies, what did you drive before your Wrangler? 050620D8-A598-4C7F-ADD4-5A9505BE2ED0-X3

Jeep Wrangler JL Ladies, what did you drive before your Wrangler? IMG_3136-X3

Edit: to answer your question, she should just drive some and see how she likes it. My JL is my DD and grocery getter. I just put the Slipstream in and itā€™s a game-changer for errands.

I also keep pepper gel in the console.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Beautiful girl you got there, Julie, love how she looks and also how you had miata's and verts.

Yeah, she definitely has to test drive one, gonna bring it up to her come spring, when you can take the top off during the test drive without being crazy, hopefully that part of the experience changes her mind and perspective on things.

Now to send her the link to this thread.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
My wife keeps vehicles a looooong time. Before her JL, which she got in May 2018, she was driving a 2003 Jeep Liberty that she bought brand new in September 2002. She loved that Liberty, but really loves the Wrangler!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
My wife keeps vehicles a looooong time. Before her JL, which she got in May 2018, she was driving a 2003 Jeep Liberty that she bought brand new in September 2002. She loved that Liberty, but really loves the Wrangler!
First vehicle was a Liberty, definitely memorable.

What were the specs and color, any mods to it?

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
First vehicle was a Liberty, definitely memorable.

What were the specs and color, any mods to it?
It's a silver Limited, loaded with almost everything except ABS. When my wife was driving it, the only mods we did were swapping on a set of '06 Limited 17" wheels and a Dynomax cat-back because the original exhaust rotted.

It became a father-son project after my wife got her JLU in '18, and now it's got some more mods...Rough Country 3" lift, TJ Moab wheels with 245/75 Firestone Destination A/Ts, R1 Concepts slotted rotors and pads, and I even adapted JL headlights. :) He also added some OEM towhooks recently. He's learned a ton while working on it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ladies, what did you drive before your Wrangler? XRHTE7159.JPG

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I drove Miatasā€”an NC then ND GT 6sp. I *loved* those cars! I lowered and replaced the exhaust in my ND. My first car was a ā€˜65 MGB and Iā€™ve loved little convertibles since then (we wonā€™t go into how many years have passed since I was 16 :CWL:).

Iā€˜ve always liked Jeeps and my husband had a ā€˜12 JKUR and I loved it.

I had to get out of my beloved Miata because of orthopedic issues. The obvious choice to replace it was a JL because I missed my husbandā€™s JK and the Wrangler is the ultimate convertible.

Trade-in day, it was bittersweet:

Top down and doors off! My favorite way to go because even Costco runs are fun:

Edit: to answer your question, she should just drive some and see how she likes it. My JL is my DD and grocery getter. I just put the Slipstream in and itā€™s a game-changer for errands.

I also keep pepper gel in the console.
Beautiful Rubi!
Had 8 Miatas. Haven't had an ND. They're good cars. Last one was a MazdaSpeed Miata. It had the power that they all should have had.

Dave

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Beautiful Rubi!
Had 8 Miatas. Haven't had an ND. They're good cars. Last one was a MazdaSpeed Miata. It had the power that they all should have had.

Dave
Nice! Theyā€™re wonderful cars. I always said that theyā€˜re go-carts for grownups. So fun, especially with the 6sp. I called it my three pedal therapy.

My NC :LOL::
IMG_6901-X3.jpg
Sponsored