Sponsored

KZS status a mystery?

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 10/18 and sticker on 12/16. Knew it would be a longer build because ordered the stitched leather option. So Jeep Chat and dealer showed KZ status on the 17TH. Checked a few days later and dealer showed KZS status but had no idea what that meant, Sent Email twice now to Jeep Chat asking status and what KZS status meant. Same canned answer that jeep was in shipping stage but no ETA and no explanation of what KZS is. Anyone have any input on what KZS really means. Have had two weeks of nice weather that I could have been working on accessories.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 10/18 and sticker on 12/16. Knew it would be a longer build because ordered the stitched leather option. So Jeep Chat and dealer showed KZ status on the 17TH. Checked a few days later and dealer showed KZS status but had no idea what that meant, Sent Email twice now to Jeep Chat asking status and what KZS status meant. Same canned answer that jeep was in shipping stage but no ETA and no explanation of what KZS is. Anyone have any input on what KZS really means. Have had two weeks of nice weather that I could have been working on accessories.
Did you find out the meaning yet? My guess is ready for shipment but Sorry we can't find it in the parking lot.:(

OP
OP

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Did you find out the meaning yet? My guess is ready for shipment but Sorry we can't find it in the parking lot.:(
Jeep arrived last Wed. I am only 360 miles from plant and this was my 4th jeep. The others have all come direct from plant by truck. This one took a train ride to Belvidere Illinois plant and then 60 miles by truck here. No idea if KZS has something to do with that but dealer and his rep did not know what KZS was. My wife followed truck into town with jeep on and called me and I ran over to dealership and it was already unloaded. Got my rigid lights on already and my Black Rhino Warlords with 285/75r17 Nitto ridge grapplers. Love the 2.0T and all the updates over my 2015 hard rock. The stitched leather is killer. Iron Cross boards on and Falcon 2.1 stabilizer on just in case.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
2019 JUST ARRIVED

pM-5Zi3lTFSp46KeT-_ZkQ.jpg
Shipping is definitely a mystery thing. I was chatting with a member in Texas who ordered his Jeep from the same dealer I did in Idaho. His arrived in the shipping yard in Utah 12/24. Mine arrived after 1/1. Mine is at the dealer, his is still in the shipping yard in Utah. His should have been offloaded and put on a truck a long time ago, should have been at the dealer before mine.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Shipping is definitely a mystery thing. I was chatting with a member in Texas who ordered his Jeep from the same dealer I did in Idaho. His arrived in the shipping yard in Utah 12/24. Mine arrived after 1/1. Mine is at the dealer, his is still in the shipping yard in Utah. His should have been offloaded and put on a truck a long time ago, should have been at the dealer before mine.
Almost the same with my friends and my Jeep. Ordered same day, built 2 day apart, and he’s been driving his for the last 3 weeks while mine waits to be shipped up

MojitoRubi

First Name
Wayne Kuykendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 1947 CJ2A Willy's, 2019 JLUR(On Order)
JC is not very helpful. They told me that its still in KZS and they don't know what that means. I emailed the dealer and he sent me this.

My Jeep apparently shipped on the rail on 1/10/19. It should be here at the dealer next Monday.

IMG_0308.jpeg

IMG_0309.jpeg

Ricapar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2009 BMW 328i Convertible
That's funny they give you all that detail. I've spoken with my guy at the dealer a few times and all I'm getting is "our screen says that it is in transit, but doesn't say when and where".

KZ status as of 1/24.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers can access the Rubicon VLS logistics system which documents everytime the railcar passes a RFID reader, everytime the Jeep is started, when it arrives at the rail drop, when the truck picks it up. The sheet in #8 above shows a printout from that system. It also updates ETA based on those readings. On mine it traveled from one suburb of Chicago to another Chicago suburb over a two day period. Then it was straight to the rail drop in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm in KZ S status as of this morning. Was still in KZ yesterday. Ping'd the dealer and asked if they could track it yet with VLS, so we'll see. It's a long way from Toledo to AZ, my guess is it'll be 2-3 weeks still.

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 AEV 350 JK Rubicon 2019 JLUR
I feel the pain. Relatively fast build. Ordered 1/18. Von-D-D1 Finished JB by 1/31 and went KZS 1/31.

Still sits in Toledo in KZS

qm7yy.jpg

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
I feel the pain. Relatively fast build. Ordered 1/18. Von-D-D1 Finished JB by 1/31 and went KZS 1/31.

Still sits in Toledo in KZS

qm7yy.jpg
Let me guess... you ordered from a smallish dealer that has lots of stale inventory on their lot.

Creed2437

First Name
Creed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Teacher
I checked today and I'm in KZ S Status... Thank goodness for this forum... Was going nuts looking for that code on FCA. 5 Weeks since order date (So I really can't complain)... Hopefully it won't be in this weird limbo for much longer... Unfortunately it is a smaller dealership with stale inventory... Argh

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 AEV 350 JK Rubicon 2019 JLUR
Let me guess... you ordered from a smallish dealer that has lots of stale inventory on their lot.
Size is relative. Definitely not one of the mega dealers but reasonable size family of dealerships of multiple brands several CDJR locations and recently moved into SYR as a new market. Stale inventory is mostly Compasses, pretty typical nationwide.

Just found out today, my Firecracker Red JLUR moved yesterday afternoon to the yard for truck pickup.
Sponsored

Last edited: