First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Talked to a guy at Jeep chat today and he said there was an update on my vehicle (was in Detroit yesterday) he told me he cannot tell me where the vehicle is at in terms of location for security purposes, I’ll have to see if I can speak with someone else tonight so I know how close it is to Dave Smith Motors. Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of! Said they can’t tell the consumer for security purposes of someone following the rail car! Here I’m spending $50K so I think I’d have a right to know where my Rubicon is!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to a guy at Jeep chat today and he said there was an update on my vehicle (was in Detroit yesterday) he told me he cannot tell me where the vehicle is at in terms of location for security purposes, I’ll have to see if I can speak with someone else tonight so I know how close it is to Dave Smith Motors. Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of! Said they can’t tell the consumer for security purposes of someone following the rail car! Here I’m spending $50K so I think I’d have a right to know where my Rubicon is!
Maybe because someone maybe called Jeep Chat and maybe they said they were you and maybe they asked if it could be rerouted to maybe Nebraska. Maybe.
Call your dealer and make them tell you exactly where it is. Question is why did it go to Detroit a few miles north of Toledo. I'm not positive but I don't think it would go north from there because I don't think the railroad crosses the lake to the UP or Canada unless it crosses into Canada at Detroit and goes the long way around. Seems to make more sense to go to Chicago and then somewhere start heading northwest.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
They really shouldn't be publically giving out the location of the trains as one could in my opinion, without too much effort, locate the train.

That said, they do not need to give out that information to give a sense of progress on shipping (location is somewhat irrelevant). It would be nice to have a consumable API (with obfuscated data) so that we didn't have to rely on a human being to regurgitate us information.

That said, I would probably prioritize that ability pretty low given what is most likely a never ending road map backlog. But damn, it would be fun to develop some cool tracking tools. It'd be like playing the Oregon trail, but with Jeeps.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Maybe because someone maybe called Jeep Chat and maybe they said they were you and maybe they asked if it could be rerouted to maybe Nebraska. Maybe.
Call your dealer and make them tell you exactly where it is. Question is why did it go to Detroit a few miles north of Toledo. I'm not positive but I don't think it would go north from there because I don't think the railroad crosses the lake to the UP or Canada unless it crosses into Canada at Detroit and goes the long way around. Seems to make more sense to go to Chicago and then somewhere start heading northwest.
The guy at the dealership is annoyed anytime I’ve spoken with him! He didn’t give me any specifics today (same story Jeep chat gave me too) so basically I’ll just call the dealership in like two weeks to see if he’s heard anything further! Praying so!

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
They really shouldn't be publically giving out the location of the trains as one could in my opinion, without too much effort, locate the train.

That said, they do not need to give out that information to give a sense of progress on shipping (location is somewhat irrelevant). It would be nice to have a consumable API (with obfuscated data) so that we didn't have to rely on a human being to regurgitate us information.

That said, I would probably prioritize that ability pretty low given what is most likely a never ending road map backlog. But damn, it would be fun to develop some cool tracking tools. It'd be like playing the Oregon trail, but with Jeeps.
Yeah who knows what their deal is! That’d be awesome lol I’m an Oregonian unfortunately haha I use to play that game back in elementary school :)

Sponsored

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
The guy at the dealership is annoyed anytime I’ve spoken with him! He didn’t give me any specifics today (same story Jeep chat gave me too) so basically I’ll just call the dealership in like two weeks to see if he’s heard anything further! Praying so!
Annoyed to answer a paying customer's question? Oh heck no! Talk to the sales manager or general manager. It's obscene that you've wait this long. They should be calling you at least twice a week with a status and an updated ETA or explanation of why the ETA has changed.

Give em hell! Especially since you're going to have to travel to pick it up. They aren't doing you any favors. This is their business, make them do it right... Sorry, I just hate seeing customer service like that.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Annoyed to answer a paying customer's question? Oh heck no! Talk to the sales manager or general manager. It's obscene that you've wait this long. They should be calling you at least twice a week with a status and an updated ETA or explanation of why the ETA has changed.

Give em hell! Especially since you're going to have to travel to pick it up. They aren't doing you any favors. This is their business, make them do it right... Sorry, I just hate seeing customer service like that.
Yeah he acts annoyed anytime I call which has only been a few times (since I mainly call Jeep chat). I was originally working with this one guy who was really chill but he since left Dave Smith Motors about a month ago. I hate seeing this type of customer service too! I’m a Loan Officer at a credit union and will not be referring a single member to them! They’ve never once reached out to me once to give any updates which is super shitty, I’ve always been the one to ask them if they’ve heard anything further. This has been the worst buying experience ever in terms of my waiting of almost 90 days :( just established my loan on Friday and my payment is due in a week and a half, also have one more payment to make on my civic too!

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited

Yeah he acts annoyed anytime I call which has only been a few times (since I mainly call Jeep chat). I was originally working with this one guy who was really chill but he since left Dave Smith Motors about a month ago. I hate seeing this type of customer service too! I’m a Loan Officer at a credit union and will not be referring a single member to them! They’ve never once reached out to me once to give any updates which is super shitty, I’ve always been the one to ask them if they’ve heard anything further. This has been the worst buying experience ever in terms of my waiting of almost 90 days :( just established my loan on Friday and my payment is due in a week and a half, also have one more payment to make on my civic too!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I'm surprised you have a loan payment due. I'm not establishing mine until I take delivery.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Don't you need to give the credit union the title to start a loan? Are you sure you didn't go back into the vault, trip into a pile of money and have $50,000 accidently fall into your pockets?

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I'm surprised you have a loan payment due. I'm not establishing mine until I take delivery.
I’m a loan officer at a credit union, my pre approval was expiring as I had applied back in December for financing since we had a promotion going on for 3.24% for my interest rate. First payment is due on the 10th, still have to make one last payment on my civic too then that’ll be paid off by the dealership.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Don't you need to give the credit union the title to start a loan? Are you sure you didn't go back into the vault, trip into a pile of money and have $50,000 accidently fall into your pockets?
I’m a loan officer at a credit union and have been for four years, I’ll be filling out the titling docs with Dave Smith basically listing my work as lien holder so all is good! :) check will be cut to Dave Smith once I go pick up my Jeep!

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Just got off the phone with the dealership and they said my Jeep is at the Taylor Auction Yard and it was in Ottawa before that, isn’t Ottawa in Canada? Does anyone know where the Taylor Auction yard is at?

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
Just got off the phone with the dealership and they said my Jeep is at the Taylor Auction Yard and it was in Ottawa before that, isn’t Ottawa in Canada? Does anyone know where the Taylor Auction yard is at?
There is an Ottawa in Ohio and Illinois... so maybe it's there?
Sponsored